off topic

Moderator: Marksdad

MichaelP
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

10 Year Anniversary (10YA) Season of trle.net

Post by MichaelP » 04 Mar 2011 17:40

Dear trle community!

This is to officially announce the '10 Year Anniversary (10YA) Season of trle.net'

It was back in March 2001 when the mprager.de site (that later became trle.net) started to host a listing of 100+ custom levels and an initial set of 50+ reviews (by Sash and myself) - and 6 months later, in August 2001 the trle-community.net forum opened its doors, with Webknight hosting it and he and I being its inaugural members. The rest, as they say, is history...

We would now like to celebrate this anniversary with all of YOU over the course of the next 6-7 months and launch a few related activities, which the Mod Team has come up with in the last few weeks. Hopefully you will find some of these interesting and choose to engage and participate in them - so here they are...

#1 10YA Level
Work has started behind the scenes on a trle.net level project. We won't reveal any further details about it yet, but we plan to release something special around the August timing and also couple the playing experience with a little competition at that time... :D

#2 10YA Forum Design template
We are looking for you creative people out there to put together a new 10-year-Anniversary forum design template. Recognizing that this is quite a bit of work, the submission date for it will be Apr 30, followed by a 2 week period for all of us to vote on the winner. The prize for the winner is this Lara figurine (kindly sponsored by Moonpooka):

If you would like to engage in this, please contact me via PM. You can find some insights in phpBB3 style creation on this page click me

#3 10YA New Hall of Fame page layout
Similarly, we are looking for your ideas to refresh the Hall of Fame level pages at trle.net. See example here: click me
Obviously, the design should fit in with the current trle.net site design, but you are fully free in terms of defining content and structure of the page (for example no need to restrict to the current setup of four screens if you think 3 or 5 are better). The submission date for an html template will be Mar 31, followed by a 2 week period to vote on the winner.

If you have any questions on this, please contact me via PM. The prize for the winner is this Lara Action figure (kindly sponsored by Square Enix Germany)

#4 10YA Interview with Michael & 10YA Community Guestbook
Phil & EssGee have already been starting an interview with me and will continue the process. If you ever had a question you wanted to ask of me, now is your opportunity. Please submit them via PM to Phil (forum nick: PDLambeth). We will consolidate them and by early April publish the interview here on this site and in the Levelbase Tribune.

But - as all this is less about me and in fact more about all of YOU, we have opened a 10YA community Guestbook click me and look for all of you to enter your personal '10YA comment/quote'. If you would also care to submit a picture of yourself - one that describes you, your relation with TR or another one of your hobbies or your work - then please send it to me via email ( michael@mprager.de )! Around May this year we will then collate the guestbook posts and the submitted pictures into a pdf file and make that available for download for those who would like to have a nice memento of the trle community. ^

Also, among all the submissions to the Guestbook the Mod Team will pick 5 winners of a trle.net 2GB USB stick on May 31.

#5 10YA Crossword puzzle
Mugs will entertain the community with this in the coming weeks, so watch out for the thread in the Chat forum shortly!!

#6 10YA Back to Basics Steampunk
Last but not least, this year's BtB competition falls right into the Anniversary period as well and we look forward to making it a very special one with the release in Summer.

Oh - and not to forget... if YOU have any further great ideas on how we should be celebrating our community over the next months, please feel free to bring them up and we will be more than happy to add them into the mix :)

With that - HAPPY 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY! to trle.net and the best community in the world!

Let the party begin.... :D :fireworks2: :fireworks1: :fireworks2: :fireworks1:

Mytly
Keen Eye of the Week
Keen Eye of the Week

Re: 10 Year Anniversary (10YA) Season of trle.net

Post by Mytly » 04 Mar 2011 17:48

Wow, this is worth all the suspense indeed. :D

Congrats on to the trle community for a wonderful 10 year anniversary. :2thumbsup: :fireworks2: :fireworks3:

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 04 Mar 2011 18:10

indeed congratulations and keep up the good work Michael and staff :bday: :fireworks2:
rgs vimmers
hit f5 often in the forum

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 04 Mar 2011 18:12

Wow, how come I didn't relate it all to the 10th anniversary? :duh: A bunch of great ideas for all, thank you so much! My only doubt relates to the new "gold thing" (I was very right there, wasn't I?) being released more or less simultaneously with Steampunk and in the summer... Methinks it will be nearly impossible to follow them both in due time... :think:
"I didn't care, friend. I wasn't there, friend. If it's the price of a pint that you need ask me again."

Will Raider

Post by Will Raider » 04 Mar 2011 19:06

Woooohoooo! Yous have all done a great job! And thank you to all the level makers. What better to play Tomb Raider custom levels on my free time and enjoy the true legacy of Lara Croft! :]

bene
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by bene » 04 Mar 2011 22:39

*woohoo*
A new trle.net level project!!!
and celebrations :balloon:

Happy Anniversary to all (especially the Boss) and all who keep the site(s) keeping on.
:D :fireworks3: :fireworks4: :D

Horus
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Horus » 04 Mar 2011 22:48

MichaelP wrote:If you would also care to submit a picture of yourself - one that describes you, your relation with TR or another one of your hobbies or your work
*looks at guestbook entry by Michael*

Eww, Michael, I really do hope you haven't taken up smoking :whip:

But yeah, happy 10th birthday trle.net/mprager.de! Drinks all around! Image

Treeble
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Treeble » 05 Mar 2011 00:48

Hard to believe it's been 10 years already. Quite an achievement, and an according celebration for such an occasion! :jump:

Happy anniversary!

RelicHunter

Post by RelicHunter » 05 Mar 2011 04:36

It's pretty staggering how the community is still alive after ten years and developing further! It's true less levels are being released but we still have a good amount of quality levels to have a good time with. :)

Really looking forward to what's gonna happen in the future. Happy Anniversary! :jump:

oxy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by oxy » 05 Mar 2011 09:28

I love you, Michael. Thank you for all this wonderful years. :thanks: :toot: :bighug: ::) :happy2:
"You learn something every day."

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 05 Mar 2011 10:19

After 8 months here already... :lol: What can a guy like me say about 10 years?
But I have an idea :idea: :idea: I'm gonna wait ANOTHER 10 YEARS and find it out!

(I'm sure most of Level Editors for most of games will be forgotten after this time,
but TRLE will be still alive, kicking... and updated to TRNG 9.2.4.5 MK 78)

I wish You all to see this happen.

Enough!
Let's reach the animation LIMIT !!!!!

:fireworks4: :fireworks2: :fireworks3: :fireworks1: :bday: :drummer: :toot: :toot: :guitarist: :fireworks4: :iluvu: :yay: :iluvu: :jump4: :jump3: :jump2: :jump: :fireworks2: :fireworks3: :juggle: :thanks: :jump2: :jump3: :fireworks1: :jump4: :jump: :fireworks4: :yay: :iluvu: :jump4: :jump3: :jump2: :fireworks4: :fireworks2: :fireworks3: :fireworks1: :jump4: :jump3: :jump2: :jump: :jump4: :jump3: :jump2: :jump: :jump4: :jump3: :jump2: :jump: :jump4: :jump3: :jump2: :jump: :jump4: :jump3: :jump2: :jump: :jump4: :jump3: :jump2: :jump: :jump4: :jump3: :jump2: :jump: :jump4: :jump4: :jump4: :jump4: :jump4: :jump4: :jump4: :jump4: :jump4: :jump4: :jump4: :jump4: :jump4: :jump4: :jump4: :jump4: :jump4: :jump4: :jump4: :jump4: :xmas:

...and cause some lags...
MAKE WIDESHOT GREAT AGAIN

Josi

Post by Josi » 05 Mar 2011 10:53

10 years!

(runs to mirror) :freakout:

anyways :D HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

:fireworks2: :fireworks1:

Blue43

Post by Blue43 » 05 Mar 2011 16:23

I found this place only a year ago and I enjoy being part of this community. Thanks to all who kept this going for all these years!Image

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

rjb
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by rjb » 05 Mar 2011 17:55

An excellent job done by so many behind the scenes (I'm thinking of someone like Tinka =)) particularly) and there are many others:

Where would we `average` :hat2: players be without our walkthrough :book: writers, for example?

Where would we be without the `co-ordinators` :juggle: of so much that we with computer-less brains :computer: can admire?

And where would we be without the many, many :builder: :builder2: :builder: :builder2: :builder: :builder2: :builder: :builder2: :builder: :builder2:, without whose enthusiasm and skill many of us would no doubt have drifted away from Tomb Raider altogether?

Bravo to all and :thanks:

(And nice graphs, Michael :D.)
"He enables me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul ..."[Ps 23:2-3]

Sylwia
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Sylwia » 05 Mar 2011 17:58