Ni Hao Shiyue / Hello October!

off topic

Moderator: Marksdad

daffy

Re: Ni Hao Shiyue / Hello October!

Post by daffy » 04 Oct 2009 00:27

:thanks: Hitsumei ! :wink:
Thank you for excusing the poverty of my English, sometimes I have me even the trouble to understand me... ! :dunno:

wmcintosh

Post by wmcintosh » 04 Oct 2009 20:51

Good afternoon/evening.

Not much going on lately, except some cool weather and higher mountains got some snow.

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 07 Oct 2009 19:18

Good afternoon everyone.

I managed to finish an assignment for watershed. I hope I did all right on the Japanese midterm, even though the 2-hour exam was really intense, and my hand ended up hurting after writing so much.
"With effort and persistence, a beginner can become an expert!"

Moonpooka
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Moonpooka » 09 Oct 2009 10:23

Jay wrote::hello: Moonie. Glad to hear you've got the soon-to-be-hubby raiding. It's only civilised. :D Smartarse retired this summer, since when he's been complaining that there aren't enough new levels coming out.
Jay :hello: I'm currently looking at game controllers for the other half.. It's only that he can't play via the keyboard that he's missing out on our wonderful custom levels - he was quite astounded by E&B2 and some screens i had of other levels. I'll make a Raider of him yet, see if i don't :D
I have no idea why he doesn't
just look at the older levels

:thinking2:
Oh yes!!! Get him to go thro the listings - there's some fab stuff still to play :2thumbsup:
In other news, we BOTH now have keyboards that allow Lara to turn left whilst sprinting. WOOHOO. Well, I need every advantage I can get.
Hehe! I remember that issue well, and altho i don't have it with this new KB, a new one popped up where Lara decides to roll and run the other way during timed runs.. :argue:
Vizz wrote:
and a slice of wedding cake also !!!!
Vic :hello: I have make the cakes myself - lets see if anyone wants to eat them :lol:

@ daffy - i hope u had a fab birthday dear. Sorry to be late with the good wishes :hug:

and a very good morning to all :hello:
We want the finest wines available to humanity, we want them here and we want them now!

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 11 Oct 2009 15:17

Good morning Val. :) I'm pretty sure the wedding cake will be delicious.

This week was pretty chaotic (start of midterms etc.)

I couldn't get enough rain for any data (I was told that a drizzle was not worth getting yesterday), but at least I have the equipment now ready for a time when there is significant rainfall. I hope it will rain on Thursday or Friday so that I can get some rainfall and sulfate to analyze.

At least the campus newspaper mentioned me in an article on Friday because of my suggestion to put wind helices, which are more practical, effective and elegant than windmills when it comes to getting wind power.

Thank goodness discharge data is easier to collect for problem set number three in watershed class than desperately looking for stream gages measuring precipitation and discharge at the same time. Apparently the difficulties in problem set 2 were deliberate in order to show how incomplete USGS data is (for budgetary reasons, mostly large watersheds (very few small watersheds) are measured (even though all watersheds should be monitored for water supplies, to predict droughts and to predict floods), and most stream gages only deal with discharge and gage height).

I feel like I am getting stronger in karate, it feels great.

This morning, I was listening to Mercedes Sosa's songs (they help me learn new vocabulary in Spanish)...I was quite moved and inspired. Too bad she's deceased now...

I'm happy to see that the US qualified for the World Cup. The current qualified teams (more will come soon) for 2010 seem interesting (Chile, Ivory Coast and Denmark, for instance).

Anurag

Post by Anurag » 11 Oct 2009 20:48

Hi Val,

Its good we would soon be having another raider amongst us, and congratulations for ur wedding, looking fwd to pics and some cake slices :D .

@Hits: All the best for your remaining mid term examinations.
Learning the tricks of the trade ... Shall unleash once I am ready :)
Currently working on : VCI HQ - Unfinished Business -> 5% Done (Currently Shelved :D)
My Walkthroughs For Custom Levels

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 15 Oct 2009 10:48

Congrats, Val! :fireworks3:

Right now, I'm in a room, babysitting for a few 16 to 18 year olds who'd feel better if they could simply get out of school for a bit. I sometimes wonder what kind of new generations we're all breeding here; I mean, is it right to "protect" them so much? Apart from that, I moved in with my gf back in August and lately I've been trying to sell my apartment for cheap - 95000 € and it has three rooms, a kitchen, two bathrooms, two small halls, two balconies and a garage. Anybody interested in moving to the Porto area who wants to buy it from me?

Diana

Post by Diana » 16 Oct 2009 18:28

Just got back from my vacation to Turkey.....I love this country!
Now it's time for me to finish the Egypt and Beyond masterpiece.

rjb
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by rjb » 16 Oct 2009 19:02

Welcome back, O traveller :2thumbsup:.
"Come to Me, all you who are weary and heavy-laden, and I shall give you rest."[Matt 11:28]

bene
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by bene » 17 Oct 2009 16:55

Good day, all. :sunny:

Our cooler air is back....finally.

'I Am Legend' is on HBO tonight.
Not as good as the custom level by Clara and masha but interesting, nonetheless.
:wink:

Anurag

Post by Anurag » 17 Oct 2009 21:14

Hi everyone,

Its quarter to 1 am, I celebrated the festival of Diwali over here at India, its the festival of light.

Burnt crackers for an hour, had sweets, snapped a few pictures, in short enjoyed it with my family and friends.

Feeling a little tired atm, so signing off for now.

Gud night
Anurag
Learning the tricks of the trade ... Shall unleash once I am ready :)
Currently working on : VCI HQ - Unfinished Business -> 5% Done (Currently Shelved :D)
My Walkthroughs For Custom Levels

bene
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by bene » 18 Oct 2009 16:13

Having watched 'I Am Legend' last night, my admiration for Clara and masha has grown.
I saw the movie when it came out but to see it again was to see how faithful an adaptation , even within the constraints of TRLE, they managed to create.

The mutant building was a perfect (really a very spooky look-alike) duplicate, the car mowing them down, the bathtub scenes (how could I have forgotten?) and I had to laugh at the video store mannequins that looked (to me) so out of place when I played the game, were, of course, in the movie.
The closing of the shutters, the grenade(!) and the escape through the opening also all true to the movie.

Watching last night was one of those unique movie experiences; sometimes the re-viewing is better at home on the small screen but this time it was due to having played that awesome game.

For anyone who has not yet seen the movie and/or played the game, try them both.
One does really enhance the other.

oh....and good morning, all :D :) 8)

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 25 Oct 2009 16:01

Good morning everyone.

Thanks Anurag. I hope you had a nice Diwali. :)

@Diana I'm glad you had a great time in Turkey.

Midterms are finally over. So I can breathe a little bit.
I still have to work on my project, but the pace is easier to handle this week.