August! Shank of the Summer.

off topic

Moderator: Marksdad

mugs
Admin
Admin

August! Shank of the Summer.

Post by mugs » 01 Aug 2009 15:02

Good morning to you all - (afternoon for most, I would imagine) - sun is blazing already, humidity on the rise. All's right with the world.
Of doggie candle fame!

eRIC
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: August! Shank of the Summer.

Post by eRIC » 01 Aug 2009 15:32

Good afternoon, I had to use the dictionary for the word shank, :D
I thought it was a contraction of ‘shark tank’ which did not made a lot of sense. :hammer:

Shank :
1/
straight long or narrow usu. central or connecting part of something, such as : :speechless:
a the straight part of a nail :|
b the smooth part of a screw :blank:
c the stem of a drinking glass :nice:
d the smooth end of a drill :eek3:
e the long straight central part of an anchor [See picture at A MACHINERY] :blank:

2/ ( a piece of ) meat cut from the long of an animal :speechless:

3/ old use the part of the leg between the knee and ankle [See picture at HORSE] :speechless:

July has not been too bad here. It has not rained more than one day out of two Image Image Image

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 01 Aug 2009 15:41

:lol: now that's what I call an excellent explanation of the word "shank". My intended meaning can be found traveling down the leg from the knee to the ankle....summer's almost to the bottom of it's season...or something like that. :D Florida still has 3 more months of summer to go, however.
Of doggie candle fame!

beachnutt

Post by beachnutt » 03 Aug 2009 21:58

Hi All! :hi:
August has started out with mild temps and lovely lovely warm ocean! The huge waves have gone, so I've been swimming and "body surfing" a lot..........loving it! :D
Go on! Dance like nobody is watching!

oxy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by oxy » 08 Aug 2009 22:59

I have made two new textures - pictures taken from my vacations this year - green wall. They are on first page: http://oxy.multiservers.com/

I don't know when I'll seriously build anything so I share. At least I'm doing something. :D

Good night. :happy:
"You learn something every day."

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 09 Aug 2009 04:03

what happened to the castle you were building ? those textures are great, oxy - I wish you would go back to building - we love to play your games.
Of doggie candle fame!

oxy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by oxy » 09 Aug 2009 08:35

Nothing happened to the castle, mugsi. I only improved some textures. It will be like a base level. From there I'll make links to levels which I already have. Without a base nothing can be done. I still haven't builded it yet. I think some castle ruins will do the trick. :smiley:

How are you, mugsi? Does health go well? I still have depression and I try to pull myself out. ::)

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 09 Aug 2009 16:27

oxy, I'm glad to hear that you have not given it up entirely. and thank you for asking about my health. I have finished all my chemo/radiation treatments and I am starting to feel much better and stronger. It will be many weeks before I can be tested to see if the treatments have been effective. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Of doggie candle fame!

oxy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by oxy » 09 Aug 2009 18:31

I don't know what to say, mugsi. Only the moment in time (when you live here and now) will carry you away, everything else is reality.

Let's hope for the best. :smiley:

I have read many spiritual books, none of them fixed my teeth. So the only way is - enjoy life as long as you can.

I'm smoking and drinking coffee right now and I enjoy. :cuppa: :beatnik:

I also was out on the sunny day, it was great. I love sunny days, specialy now when I don't have to work.

I get my depression attacks, but they go away. Isn't that bad. I can manage. :D

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 09 Aug 2009 18:37

oxy wrote: I have read many spiritual books, none of them fixed my teeth. So the only way is - enjoy life as long as you can.
Amen to that, dear oxy. find something to laugh at every day and beat depression into submission ! :D
Of doggie candle fame!

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » 10 Aug 2009 09:32

Sorry to both Oxy and Mugs for your ongoing health issues.

I wish you both a full recovery. Oxy, lose yourself in these wonderful TR LE levels. I find they are great for a bit of escapism. Either that or I like to watch YouTube funnies. They soon cheer me op on a grey day!

It's cloudy here in Wales this morning where I currently dwell. I'm not Welsh but love this country, we are very fortunate to have some lovely scenic views.

Check out these Google pictures of Cenarth Falls. I live just down the road from this lovely place and in season you can catch the spawning salmon swimming up river and leaping through the waterfalls:

http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl=en ... a=N&tab=wi

Lo :D

Jay
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Jay » 10 Aug 2009 14:04

:hello: Just dashing in for one of my increasingly rare posts here, to wish everyone a Happy Monday.

So good to hear you've finished your treatment Pat. I'm sure it will have done the trick, but I'll keep my fingers crossed anyway.

:comfort: Keep smiling Oxy (and keep building pleeeeeeeeeeease).

Beautiful spot you live in, Lo. It's cloudy here in Cheshire today also, but at least the rain has finshed for the time being so my cats have stopped glaring at me and gone outside. It's not easy being in charge of food and weather; there's never enough of the former and entirely too much of the latter, apparently.

Dashing out again. :hello:
Time may be a great healer
but it's a lousy beautician

bene
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by bene » 10 Aug 2009 16:33

mugs wrote:
oxy wrote: I have read many spiritual books, none of them fixed my teeth. So the only way is - enjoy life as long as you can.
Amen to that, dear oxy. find something to laugh at every day and beat depression into submission ! :D
So true.
I remember some studies that document that fact.
It seems that laughter changes chemicals within, leading to stress reduction and better healing properties.
"Laughter, the best medicine" seems to have been proven true.

So hugs and :D to all with a bit of :heart: for good measure.
So glad to see your strength returning, Pat.
Much love to you :daisy:

Lo, those pics are beautiful.
It's a lovely area in which to live.
Lucky you!

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 10 Aug 2009 17:58

Magnificent pictures, indeed. brings back memories of a waterfall in the woods of Kentucky where I lived as a kid. We would walk the dog there every day. Great spot.

Thanks all for your kind thoughts. The family are dragging me out for my first outing in many months to celebrate my birthday...I'm hoping I can keep up. :D
Of doggie candle fame!

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » 10 Aug 2009 18:04

Thanks all! Yes, I am lucky as there are some nice walks along the river but it's a bit dangerous in winter as the rocky paths can get a bit slippery under foot.

Hey, many happy returns on your birthday, Mugs! :balloon: :balloon: :balloon:

I hope you and your family have a lovely outing (and lots of norty cake hehe!) :D