A Bit About Me!

off topic

Moderator: Marksdad

High Priestess

A Bit About Me!

Post by High Priestess » 20 Jul 2009 11:01

Hi all,

A bit late in the day to introduce myself but better late than never ;)

Please feel free to call me Lo, it is short for Louise and it is my username over on the affiliate site, Eidos :2thumbsup:

I love the old-skool TR games and am eternally grateful for the efforts that others have made to keep me and others splendidly occupied! Thanks to everyone for some truly fantastic levels.

I am 41 years of age and quite young in spirit ;) I have no children and my hobbies include fishing, Tomb Raiding, Scrabble, shooting rifles and foreign travel! My Canadian trip was cancelled recently because of this nasty Swine 'Flu :-o I may still tackle the trip alone but Mum was going to travel with me. We saved £5000 to make the trip but we will still go together next year when we have hopefully suffered from it and built up some immunity.

Sadly, I lost my dear father just over a year ago to Pancreatic Cancer. It's a nasty form of cancer because it shows very few symptoms until it has taken hold of you. Between diagnosis and death, it was just eight weeks for Dad. Very sad for all concerned as we are a very close family.

Anyway, I am really enjoying reading over the various threads and I am enjoying the custom levels very much! Thank you all indirectly for making me feel so very welcome. I have enjoyed getting to meet new friends and getting some help when I get stuck (which is often...lol).

I hope I have not been too boring with my intro.

Best wishes to all,

Lo :D

chrimajon

Re: A Bit About Me!

Post by chrimajon » 20 Jul 2009 15:16

Well here's a formal hello and welcome aboard then Lo! :hi:

I know we've made a few exchanges already via the threads,but it's still always nice to know a little about other members!
Sorry to hear about your dad,too - I lost my own father to cancer eight years ago,so I know what you've gone through,especially if you're
a close family as you say :hug:

So enjoy your stay,don't be afraid to ask,and keep raiding!! :D

Chris.

bene
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by bene » 20 Jul 2009 16:07

A formal hi, from me too, Lo and a belated welcome! :hello: :daisy:

I found this site from the Eidos forums, also, but that was in the 'old' days when we had to use the tom2pc from the trle before we were able to play the levels.
Seems like a long time ago but it really wasn't.
So much easier now, with a quick click and play. :lol:

Now that you have enjoyed some of the levels, have you thought of joining the Review staff?
It's a fun thing to do and rounds out the enjoyment we all share in our 'addiction'.

Glad to have you onboard!

*EDIT
I see Jay is right and you already have joined the staff :balloon: :balloon: :balloon:
Last edited by bene on 20 Jul 2009 17:24, edited 1 time in total.

justin

Post by justin » 20 Jul 2009 16:19

Hello and welcome again :)

You should find this place very helpful, I started with this forum very shortly after entering the LE world, I personally found Eidos way too full and clogged (back in 2001 that is)
Dark Skies loom...

Shady Croft

Post by Shady Croft » 20 Jul 2009 16:37

Hello and welcome, Lo, :)

We're sure pleased to have another TR fan on board. Hope you enjoy your time here.

I'm sorry about your father, and eventhough its been a year away, I hope you'll accept my condolences to you, your mum and your family.
I love traveling myself, but I haven't done that much due to many reasons (still young and live with my parents, don't have a job and income, still in university), but the few travelings I've done (Cyprus, Lebanon and inside my own country) were wonderful experiences.

I hope you get to travel soon to make up for the canceled Canadian trip, and just so you know you are more than welcome (you and everyone else) in Jordan. :) We have some pretty good and decent sites to visit that are historically rich and satisfy the adventuring spirits some of us here have.

Cheers and have a wonderful day !
KameloT

Jay
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Jay » 20 Jul 2009 17:12

:hello: Welcome Lo. I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself here - everyone is very friendly.

Am I imagining it, or have you already begun reviewing. If so, :2thumbsup: 'cos we can always use fresh blood. If not, then please do. :D Anyway, have fun.
Time may be a great healer
but it's a lousy beautician

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 20 Jul 2009 20:36

always delighted to welcome a new member. hope you enjoy yourself here - if we can help you, just let us know !
Of doggie candle fame!

shandroid

Post by shandroid » 20 Jul 2009 22:54

Hello again, Lo! So nice to hear a bit about a fellow Raider! What I have learned especially from this site is that TR is for all ages as is gaming in general. I really hope you stick around!

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » 21 Jul 2009 12:03

Thanks everyone for your lovely welcomes and offer of help. I will be sure to ask as I am really loving the custom levels!

Yes, I have reviewed a few levels (favourably of course!). Thank you also for the condolances and I'm sorry to hear about your own loss, Chris. Such an awful disease - I hope your father was not suffering for a great length of time :hug:

Thanks again everyone, I'll be sure to stick around and continue to enjoy the games, the friendly chats and the reviews!

Lo :D

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 22 Jul 2009 17:42

hope u got a lot of spare time
cos there are around 2145 levels including tr1 tr2 tr3 tr5 levels

justin

Post by justin » 22 Jul 2009 17:44

Well more like 2125, she can skip my older levels :lol:
Dark Skies loom...

eRIC
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by eRIC » 23 Jul 2009 10:38

:hi: High Priestess

have never been on Eidos. this community is the second i have been (after a french forum)
it is very nice to 'meet' you. :)

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » 23 Jul 2009 12:49

Hi eRIC, nice to meet you too!

LOL about the levels, Vimmer and Justin - I cannot play many of them. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling my TRLE but it came up with a severe error message. I posted about it in the tech board.

I cancelled installation and went to Stella's TR site for another download but when I unzipped (or tried to) it said the file was corrupted or unavailable. I t only took three seconds to download - in other words it didn't download at all :lol:

It's not fair! Me want to play ALL of the games but the further back I go in the level index, the less there are that can be played straight from download :(

chrimajon

Post by chrimajon » 23 Jul 2009 16:01

Lo,remember what I said - let me know the titles of a few levels that you're really interested in,and I'll download,create a playable folder,and re-upload,somewhere like z-share,so you can play them! :D

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » 23 Jul 2009 16:40

chrimajon wrote:Lo,remember what I said - let me know the titles of a few levels that you're really interested in,and I'll download,create a playable folder,and re-upload,somewhere like z-share,so you can play them! :D
Hey thanks but guess what? I got it working *jumps up and down waving the flag of achievement* :lol:

It turns out my TRLE was not corrupt, it just says that for XP as it was made earlier! I followed Driber's tutorial on Eidos and copied the DAT files from a test download to my TRLE folder and it worked so now I can play all the games. I sure have a lot of catching up to do but hey, I'm not complaining! When you think there are only a handful of original old-skool Eidos releases and then you discover there are thousands that users created it feels like 40 Christmasses in one go :D

Thanks for your offer again though! I would have definitely appreciated a few levels had I not got mine to work! :balloon: