Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett died today

Post by shandroid » 26 Jun 2009 04:05

Just thought you guys might want to know that. :(

beachnutt

Re: Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett died today

Post by beachnutt » 26 Jun 2009 07:07

They are both angels now.
:angel:
They will live on through their art and will always be remembered.
Michael and Farrah, peace be with you.
Go on! Dance like nobody is watching!

oxy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by oxy » 26 Jun 2009 07:13

Bye Farrah, God bless.

Bye Michael, you finnaly made it.
"You learn something every day."

moonliteshadow

Post by moonliteshadow » 26 Jun 2009 07:29

It is sad. Guess there'll be plenty of tributes on all of the news channels tonight.

beachnutt

Post by beachnutt » 26 Jun 2009 07:51

I just logged on to skribblerz.com forums, and was totally shocked and disgusted with their comments on MJ's death. Yes, he was a very troubled and lost soul, but to celebrate his death with joy and jokes is unspeakable!!!
I am sorry, but I what I read there was unforgivable.
Artists have always been a little eccentric, and on the edge of sanity, but their art is their voice. If they have a loud voice, they will always be remembered.
Van Gogh - cut off his ear.....his art = genius
Elvis - food and drug addict......his music and dance moves = genius
Mozart? everything addict.......his music = genius
Edgar Allen Poe? opium addict.......his books and poems = genius
and Beethoven,
Lewis Carroll,
Paul Gaugin,
Monet,
PICASSO!!!
And so many more........
RIP Michael..........and Farrah too.
That's all I have to say about that. If I get blocked or booted, so be it. I had my say, and I'm okay.
P.S.- I'm an artist too, and most likely a little biased.
Go on! Dance like nobody is watching!

QRS
Admin
Admin

Post by QRS » 26 Jun 2009 10:22

RIP to both of you.

I will not call them saints but neither will I give them hell. Just let them be.
And please don't let this thread be about their past as none of us have any idea what is true or what is not...they are both dead now, so give them some peace.
Currently playing: Babylon Is Fallen

Moonpooka
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Moonpooka » 26 Jun 2009 10:36

Shocking news indeed :cry: He was a fantastic performer, of which i had the pleasure of seeing live in London some years ago. He will be sadly missed :(
We want the finest wines available to humanity, we want them here and we want them now!

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 26 Jun 2009 11:33

I didn't know about Farrah Fawcett because all the papers, internet and TV channels talked about was Michael Jackson. I'm sorry that they passed and I hope they rest in peace. Having said that, I never liked Michael that much and I don't really mean his behaviour, because I couldn't care less, I mean his pop music and performances. But sure enough he was important. Well, his death reminds a bit of when he was young and I was very young too. And then it reminds me of the 80s, a strange epoch that now many seem to remember with nostalgia (and that's because things have gone so downhill in all senses that even the 80s seem like a golden age). True, there was some good music back in the 80s but not really Michael Jackson in my very humble point of view: Joy Division, the Bauhaus and a few that already came from the 70s, late 70s, did make a difference. But I digress. Michael and Farrah, may you both rest in peace.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 26 Jun 2009 11:34

Sorry, the posting was too slow...
Last edited by Jorge22 on 26 Jun 2009 11:38, edited 1 time in total.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 26 Jun 2009 11:36

I just read that sick thread at Sribblerz because you happened to mention it. It's just disgusting. How can those people want to party because someone passed? I don't even know if they're mean, I think they're just stupid. And I don't care because it was the first time I ever went to Skribblerz and George, sorry to say, seems to me like one of those crazy preachers that tell all their followers to commit suicide - and they do.
Last edited by Jorge22 on 26 Jun 2009 11:52, edited 2 times in total.

Shady Croft

Post by Shady Croft » 26 Jun 2009 14:48

But of course, its George Mac...

I didn't want to say anything, but this line here crossed the line for me.
George Maciver wrote:Anyone else here feel like sticking up for that perverted homo peadophile?
There are so many things I'd love to say, but its not worth. True, MJ's not a saint, no one is, and I wasn't really a fan of him...just liked 3 or 4 songs of his. This attitude however is disgusting.

Beachnutt, I wouldn't worry too much about being booted from Skribblerz.
KameloT

snork
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by snork » 26 Jun 2009 14:53

I never cared much about any of them two, but I still think that those people behind Michael Jackson should get some economics or marketing award. It was an amazing and clever job, making incredible money from almost nothing. Where I think Michael Jackson's physical "transformation" was integral part of it. Without it it would not have worked so well i.m.o..

One very nice little job I had was to dis-mount (vocabulary) all the stuff after a M.J. concert in the stadium at Bremen. Good work, nice athmosphere, OK pay, very good catering and the hottest night and next day of that summer. :)
In between we had to wait for the beer company to come and remove their things, we got free admission to the stadium swimming pool and were still paid lying in the water. :)
We also got to keep those "Michael Jackson Tour local crew" T-Shirts we got, I traded them against other T-Shirts the next day at very good exchange rate. :D

The floor was covered in little papers encouraging the audience to join some "official M.J. fanclub", for only so many dollars a year they would then get newsletters about TV apearances of M.J. and special offers for merchandise and and ..., and you could pay only by credit card. Those were not that common then over here and I bet those credit card companies paid some to have it that way. They really made money everywhere with everything. :D

Ah, okay, whatever ...
Last edited by snork on 26 Jun 2009 15:01, edited 1 time in total.
Thou shall not mess with Lara's resting animation. NEVER. EVER!

QRS
Admin
Admin

Post by QRS » 26 Jun 2009 15:01

I will say this only once: Don't make this into a skribblerz/gmac issue. It is pointless. If you dislike his/their opinions, mail him or post at his site. I don't want anything to do with new flamewars or similar on this site. Let skribblerz have their own opinions about this on their forum.

Now back to topic.
Currently playing: Babylon Is Fallen

shandroid

Post by shandroid » 26 Jun 2009 19:05

I feel bad for both MJ's kids and Farrah's son Redmond. I know Redmond is an adult and a troubled one at that (he's in jail and may not even get to attend his mom's funeral), but I'll bet she was the one stable thing in his life (Ryan Oneal is a bit on the troubled side himself). Who will raise MJ's kids? Quite honestly, the very best thing for those kids would be some serious anonimity, since they will now be hunted down mercilessly by the paparazzi.

Regarding MJ's past, it does warrant concern, and I have always wondered if he did inappropriate things to kids, but we will never truly know. He also was having money troubles and was doing this new concert series this summer in order to earn some cash. What I want to know is, if you are truly having money troubles, why would you rent a mansion for $100,000 per month? Can you believe that? Shepard Smith confirmed that on Fox News yesterday.