Hello with all

off topic

Moderator: Marksdad

daffy

Hello with all

Post by daffy » 10 Feb 2009 16:48

Hello with all,

First of all I am French, I am 53 years old and I do not speak at all English, this message is a translation Google, I hope that it is comprehensible.

I know your site since step badly of year and I download and play each new level with much pleasure. This first message it wants a thanks with all the creators, whom they are endowed or not, which spend surely much their time to build levels for our happiness with us, the players.

Still thank you with all and that the adventures of our Lara Croft last still and still ! :wink:

Daffy
Thank you for excusing the poverty of my English, sometimes I have me even the trouble to understand me... ! :dunno:

Gerty
Mod
Mod

Re: Hello with all

Post by Gerty » 10 Feb 2009 16:55

Welcome and yes... it is understandable :D

Good way to pick up the English laguage though. People from all over the world come here so don't be shy :)
Oops, I did it again... Image

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 10 Feb 2009 17:02

hi and welcome ! there are many french members here so I hope you will feel more at ease. your english is just fine.
Of doggie candle fame!

bene
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by bene » 10 Feb 2009 17:16

Accueil, daffy. :)
Welcome! is what I tried to say in French - hope that translation is correct.

Glad you found us and all the custom levels available here.

eRIC
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by eRIC » 10 Feb 2009 22:03

Image daffy,

c'est chouette d'avoir un autre compatriote à bord :jump:

Jenni

Post by Jenni » 10 Feb 2009 22:09

:lol: :lol: That Google translator is hilarious!

Sorry Daffy - it's not you at all. We understand you perfectly :)

Welcome and Bonjour! :hello:

QRS
Admin
Admin

Post by QRS » 11 Feb 2009 00:05

Welcome!! A new real member among all the spambots of late is a blessing :2thumbsup: Enjoy your stay!
Currently playing: Babylon Is Fallen

daffy

Post by daffy » 11 Feb 2009 02:16

Hello,

Thank you for your reception, obviously your community is always very active in spite of the years which pass and it is a true happiness. I discovered Lara some ten years ago and since it is one of my master keys favorite times. Each level is an eternal restarting, some make successes with charts me I play “Lara”, I launch the play and that take the head to me, I want to always know what there is further and I am always disappointed when the level finishes….At 53 years, I remained very kid and I watch for each new level with much impatience !
I hello my Eric compatriot who handles English surely better than me, For information, I do not live far from Bordeaux ! :hello:
Last thing, the Google translations often make me also laugh, but one includes/understands the general idea, it is the main thing ! :idea:

A+ :wink:
Thank you for excusing the poverty of my English, sometimes I have me even the trouble to understand me... ! :dunno:

Jenni

Post by Jenni » 11 Feb 2009 03:11

daffy wrote:Hello,

Thank you for your reception, obviously your community is always very active in spite of the years which pass and it is a true happiness. I discovered Lara some ten years ago and since it is one of my master keys favorite times. Each level is an eternal restarting, some make successes with charts me I play “Lara”, I launch the play and that take the head to me, I want to always know what there is further and I am always disappointed when the level finishes….At 53 years, I remained very kid and I watch for each new level with much impatience !
Même si vous êtes nouveau à la communauté, avez-vous joué Tomb Raider long? Il existe de nombreux niveaux de coutume âgées à jouer qui va vous occuper pendant des mois!

English translation: Although you're new to the community, have you been playing Tomb Raider long? There are many older custom levels to play which will keep you entertained for months!

daffy wrote:Last thing, the Google translations often make me also laugh, but one includes/understands the general idea, it is the main thing ! :idea:
En effet: wink: et pour assurer un même terrain. J'ai utilisé le traducteur de Google pour traduire de l'anglais au français. Après tout, c'est juste que vous avez un gloussent à mes frais trop: D
English translation: Indeed :wink: and to ensure an even playing field. I have used the Google translator to translate from English to French. After all, it's only fair you have a giggle at my expense too :D

TimJ

Post by TimJ » 11 Feb 2009 04:52

Bienvenue Daffy ! :) Ça fait toujours plaisir de voir des francophones dans cette belle communauté. :D Bon surf ! :wink:

I agree that Google can be really funny sometimes. :lol:
Image :balloon:

snork
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by snork » 11 Feb 2009 10:37

Hello Daffy, welcome.

Almost 50 years ago, in a story by Philip K. Dick, the protagonists play a game using online translators.
:thinking: On 2nd thought, I post this somewhere else.

But google translator should really really be able to not translate "pas mal" with "step badly" (faire un pas mauvais).
Thou shall not mess with Lara's resting animation. NEVER. EVER!

daffy

Post by daffy » 11 Feb 2009 15:11

Hello,
Jenni wrote:Although you're new to the community, have you been playing Tomb Raider long? There are many older custom levels to play which will keep you entertained for months!
I am new in your community but not new as player, that made of the years that knows Lara and his adventures. I think of having tested all the levels and all the complete adventures of this site (I do not say that I them finished board all, I have some times given up in front of the difficulties or the lack of interest). Each player with his preferences of styles of levels. In this moment I appreciate much “ Tomb off Creatures ”, it is completely the kind of play which I like!
Thank you for your efforts for translations but I invited myself on an English forum, it is with me to adapt me, not with you ! :wink:

Good, obviously these translations make well smile, It is not serious the smile is a good thing ! :lol:

Thank you in Switzerland and Germany ! :hello:

Sad Git

Post by Sad Git » 11 Feb 2009 18:07

Hello with all, daffy. :hi: I'm certainly not going to criticise your English as I can barely speak any language, including my own. :D

I'm intruiged by this Google translate thing and thought I would put it to the following test. First I've used Google to translate an excerpt of Wiki's TR entry into French and then used Translate to convert it back into English again:-

"Tomb Raider follows the exploits of Lara Croft, an English female archaeologist in search of ancient treasures in the Indiana Jones. Lara Croft is contacted by an American named Larson, who works for the rich Jacqueline Natl business owner Natl Technologies. At the request of Natl, Lara sets out on an expedition to retrieve a mysterious artifact called the Scion. But having managed to retrieve the object, it is almost stolen Larson when he tried to kill her outside the tomb. Wasting no time, Lara seeks to discover why Natl double crossing her. The purpose of Tomb Raider Lara is guided through a series of tombs and other places in search of treasures and artifacts. In a free environment, Lara has two positions: one with weapons and shoot his hands free. By default she carries two pistols with infinite ammunition. At one point in the story, Lara will be stripped of all its weapons, leaving the reader helpless and forced to retrieve his gun, a development which later became a staple of the series.

Many enemies and a variety of lethal traps can cause the death of Lara, the greatest threat of falling to death. As the game adopts a style platform of progress, at the right time jumps must often bring Lara safely to the other side of a ledge or she falls to the ground below. Other ways in which the game prematurely end the death by burning, drowning, electrocution, becoming impaled on spikes, shooting, crash, damage caused by animals deadly enemies or creatures, and even turned into gold. One step is completed when a door is reached, an object is recovered, or a boss is destroyed. The game of using a hard-edged heroine of women has been both hailed as revolutionary (rupture of a gender perspective of the game) and derision for his sexist stereotyping of women designed to appeal to young boys. However, Lara has caused a sensation in the gaming world and catapulted her to fame cybersecurity."

:?

Sad Git

Post by Sad Git » 11 Feb 2009 18:19

That translation was bad enough, between two languages that are related. Here's the same method used to translate between English and a completely unrelated language, Japanese.

"TOUMUREIDARARAKUROFUTO, in search of ancient treasure, the English woman archaeologist Indiana Jones is as follows à Louisiana attacks. Mr. Larson RARAKUROFUTO of America, a wealthy businesswoman Jacqueline Natla, Natla is the name and contact the owner of the technology works. Natla request, to explore the lost tomb of Lala Qualopec begin to recover a mysterious artefact called the Scion. However, after the successful acquisition of the object, she is in most cases, Larson is trying to kill a burglar out of her grave. Not to waste time, over why she decided to find Natla Lara double. To find the treasures of the Tomb Raider purpose, artefacts and tombs, and to a series of RARAGAIDO. Free environment, doing one of two basic stances: one is free to draw on her hands and arms. By default she has a gun and unlimited ammo. In the story, at the time specified for doing all of her weapons, the player is deprived left defenceless, and her gun, forced to restore the development of the popular series.

Not only the enemy of many of Lara's death and a fatal trap, has fallen to death threats can lead to the most important of them. Used as a platform style approach of progress of the game, or bring Lara safely to the other side of the bulge often well timed jumps, crash to the ground beneath her. Is death by firing shots in the middle of the game, drowned, electrocuted, impaled on the spike, the other way and will end, and crushing damage from deadly animals, human enemies, or creatures, is more money. When they hit the stage, to a certain threshold, artefact, and the end boss, has been destroyed or recovered. Using games, hard-edge, revolutionary heroine both women (from the perspective of men playing a game) of women and sexist portrayal of violating 10 designed to appeal to boys and age stereotypes has been welcomed as a mockery. However, Lara is the sense in the world of the game, hurled her cyber-celebrity status."

:? :?

No wonder "TOUMUREIDARARAKUROFUTO" never caught on in Japan.

eRIC
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by eRIC » 11 Feb 2009 21:31

hey daffy.
The Bordeaux region is pleasant, been there a few times for vacations near Targon and Cadillac, also in Dordogne. Certainly more pleasant and warmer than la Sarthe :up: