The Travels of Ms. Lara Croft....

off topic

Moderator: Marksdad

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: The Travels of Ms. Lara Croft....

Post by DJ Full » 02 Oct 2012 10:18

We have thunders in July. It's our "rainy season", which lasts for about 2 weeks. Later on, just after the hottest part of summer passes, it might repeat, but never with such strong intensity. Currently, it might happen You go out in a winter hat, but You have to remove it, because the temperature changes rapidly, depending on if You're in the sun, or in the shadows.

As I said, it's not the end of Lara's travel around Poland - but we've been harvesting walnuts on Sunday, and I took a branch to the eye. The surface got scratched and it needs to recover. Thankfully, it wasn't an appletree - those have harder and sharper branches, so in such case it would end much worse. Anyway, I can barely see anything while I'm typing this, things go slowly, and the last spinoff is a bit delayed. Ouch.
MAKE WIDESHOT GREAT AGAIN

SteeleRaider

Post by SteeleRaider » 02 Oct 2012 16:57

@ DJ Full: When I was a young boy, and I would complain about something, my Grandfather would say " Well it's better than getting poked in the eye with a sharp stick" which usually put things back into perspective for me.
Apparently when harvesting walnuts, :bestplay: does not apply!
Seriously, hope your injury is not too serious and heals quickly for you. Wear 8)

( I got a small piece of a nail stuck in my eye once on a construction project, so I know how uncomfortable it is! )

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 02 Oct 2012 18:55

DJ Full wrote: As I said, it's not the end of Lara's travel around Poland - but we've been harvesting walnuts on Sunday, and I took a branch to the eye. The surface got scratched and it needs to recover. Thankfully, it wasn't an appletree - those have harder and sharper branches, so in such case it would end much worse. Anyway, I can barely see anything while I'm typing this, things go slowly, and the last spinoff is a bit delayed. Ouch.

Ouch! Sorry to hear that DJ. Hope it heals quickly - Matt's right - wear glasses when you're harvesting next time!
Of doggie candle fame!

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 15 Oct 2012 14:12

Be sure to scrape off all other glue residues before applying the new glue. I thought I recognized the box I gave Lara when she visited Istanbul in the picture with the foam protection.

Mytly
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Mytly » 04 Nov 2012 14:26

Lara's Indian trip 2012 - Part 2: Sightseeing in Mumbai

I took Lara for a trip to downtown Mumbai, to see some of the famous sights and places of the city. Unfortunately, I didn't have the time to show her even most of the famous sights, let alone all of them, so this is a just a tiny glimpse of them.

But first of all, Lara does something quintessentially Indian: taking a train trip. This one is just a short journey downtown. Fortunately, this photo was taken on a Sunday afternoon, which is why the train is so empty. On a weekday, during rush hour, I wouldn't have had the space to even hold up the camera. :-P

Looking out from the train window.

Churchgate station, the southern terminus of the Western Railway line in Mumbai.

This is (a small part of) the Mumbai High Court, one of Mumbai's heritage buildings. Unfortunately, the security around the building has recently been tightened due to terrorist threats, so technically, photography of the building is no longer allowed. I managed to take a couple of photos while out of sight of the security guards, but they don't manage to show off the lovely building in its entirety. :(

Most of the heritage buildings in downtown Mumbai were built during the 19th century, during the British Raj. There's an obvious mix of European Neo-Gothic architectural style and Indian architectural style, such as in this one, another part of the High Court (Lara is unfortunately just out of the frame).

Next door to the High Court is the main campus of the University of Mumbai, and this is Rajabai Tower, the clock tower of the university. It's one of the most iconic buildings of Mumbai.

The Convocation Hall of the University of Mumbai (see tiny Lara at the bottom of the picture).

Flora Fountain, one of the main squares in downtown Mumbai.

St. Thomas Cathedral. Not as impressive as some of the Polish cathedrals DJ Full showed off, but a nice place nonetheless ...

... especially the interior.

The Asiatic Library. The steps in front of the library were at one time a very popular location for shooting Bollywood movie scenes. :D

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 04 Nov 2012 14:47

The cathedral interior looks a bit like Piega's or Titak's level. And the clock tower is just awesome. It's good we have Lara to compare the size - before I spotted her, I thought the building is twice smaller than actually.
MAKE WIDESHOT GREAT AGAIN

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 04 Nov 2012 15:25

these picture tours are just wonderful and I never get tired of the majesty/beauty of so many different cultures.....these trips with Lara are so much fun. thanks again!
Of doggie candle fame!

SteeleRaider

Post by SteeleRaider » 05 Nov 2012 04:56

Interesting to see the mix of Indian and European architecture, definitely unique!
Nice pics Mytly! :2thumbsup:

Mytly
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Mytly » 05 Nov 2012 18:37

Thank you, all. :)

I had planned to take photos of another festival as well - Navratri, a nine-night festival occurring in October. Unfortunately, I left the photo-taking for the last night, and the festivities were cancelled due to unseasonal rain (apart from the religious aspect, the festivities mainly involve a big open-air party :D ). So no photos of that. :( But I'll be going on a six day trip on this Saturday, so expect a lot of photos when I get back. :D

MrJavi94
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by MrJavi94 » 05 Nov 2012 18:42

India is so beautiful...

Great pictures, Mytly! :2thumbsup:

rjb
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by rjb » 05 Nov 2012 18:42

Yes, I agree :2thumbsup:. Some really lovely pictures from lots of different countries and cultures. Thank you :2thumbsup: to so many imaginative photographers. In my rare visits nowadays I always like looking at this section.
"He enables me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul ..."[Ps 23:2-3]

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 05 Nov 2012 18:50

yes, we noticed those visits are rare.........you could change that! :D
Of doggie candle fame!

Sylwia
Keen Eye of the Week
Keen Eye of the Week

Post by Sylwia » 05 Nov 2012 20:24

Very nice photos Mytly :)

eRIC
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by eRIC » 06 Nov 2012 05:58

wow , there are many impressive monuments in Mumbai !
Very great pics :)

Mytly
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Mytly » 09 Nov 2012 21:12

Thanks everyone. :)

Lara is off on a 6-day trip with me tomorrow. :jump: