So beautiful :2thumbsup:

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w116 ... cvbexu.jpg

Amazing details and artistry :eek3:

mugs
Admin
Admin

Re: The Travels of Ms. Lara Croft....

Post by mugs » 01 Oct 2015 23:34

terrific pics - thank you so much for sharing!
Of doggie candle fame!

Mytly
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Mytly » 05 Nov 2016 20:39

Wow, I had almost forgotten about this thread! I stumbled across it while going through some of the older Chat threads, after seeing the discussion on purging old threads in the Administration forum, and decided to post something here so that this thread doesn't get purged. :-P What I really should be posting is the last batch of photos of Lara's trip here, but I can't find the external HD that my photos were on. :( Once I track it down, I'll put them up.

Also, once again, if anyone wants to host Lara, please just say so, and I'll send her to you. I believe Bojrkraider offered last year, but at that time, I wasn't quite ready to let go of her. But I think I've hogged her enough now. :blush:

JunoJim

Post by JunoJim » 04 Jul 2018 00:20

Hey Mytly -

Like you, I ran into this accidentally. I'd love to host Lara for a few days in Jupiter, Florida - take her to the beach, and some local hideouts...

Is she the original that started several years ago ??? I remember when Beachnutt made & replaced her broken braids... But that was many years ago...

Let me know, & I'll send you my address...

- Jim

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 04 Jul 2018 15:05

Finally. It's about time Lara traveled some more. Mitly, are you there?

Mytly
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Mytly » 07 Jul 2018 19:13

Yeah, I'm here. :)
JunoJim wrote:
04 Jul 2018 00:20
Hey Mytly -

Like you, I ran into this accidentally. I'd love to host Lara for a few days in Jupiter, Florida - take her to the beach, and some local hideouts...

Is she the original that started several years ago ??? I remember when Beachnutt made & replaced her broken braids... But that was many years ago...

Let me know, & I'll send you my address...

- Jim
Sure, no problem. Lara has been hanging out with me for nearly 6 years now - she's getting really restless. :D You can PM me your address.

You can see a close-up of Lara's current state in my pic here. Well, when I say 'current', I mean that's what she looked like 6 years ago. But I have tried to take good care of her, so she looks pretty much the same. I stuck her legs back onto the base, but it didn't last. :( However, I'll glue them back again before I send her to you.

JunoJim

Post by JunoJim » 24 Jan 2019 19:07

Hi all -

I just received Lara in Jupiter, Florida on the east coast, north of West Palm Beach - Google Earth it... I plan to fix her up for some photo shoots around here, any suggestions for "glue" - I'm thinking epoxy...

It looks like her braid is the one beachnutt made a long time ago - good work !!!

- Jim Birdsall (JunoJim)

JunoJim

Post by JunoJim » 02 Feb 2019 22:17

Update - I've been busy - had Lara tucked away - forgot about her !!! Looking at her "fractures", I'm pretty sure I can put her back together with some strong epoxy - will have to remove some old glue residue, but it can be done - will start work soon...

Here's a try at a Dropbox link - here's where Lara is now... https://www.dropbox.com/s/t9zr8tkwwawnf ... a.jpg?dl=0
Last edited by JunoJim on 07 Mar 2019 22:36, edited 2 times in total.

Mytly
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Mytly » 03 Feb 2019 18:44

Hey Jim, so Lara reached you ok? Good to know. I hope she enjoys Florida. :)

I have some photos left to post from Lara's stay in India - I'll try to post them soon.

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 10 Feb 2019 23:15

Boy, finally on the road again. I wonder if she still has that firm box I've given her in years ago..
Talk about coincidence...
Been in North Palm Beach/Jupiter during Christmas/Newyear holidays 82/83, trip to Florida with the Family. Disney World, Epcot Center, Cape Canaveral (I think it was called like that then) Ocean World and more tourist attractions. We stayed in an appartment complex, Palm Beach Gardens if I remember correctly
Still remember dinner at Tony Romas..
Map: we were staying where the circle is, bottom right

Apartment

New Year's Dive Jan '83, me on the right. Watch it, there may be sharks...!!
Last edited by Dutchy on 11 Feb 2019 13:19, edited 3 times in total.

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 11 Feb 2019 06:13

Mytly wrote:
03 Feb 2019 18:44
I have some photos left to post from Lara's stay in India - I'll try to post them soon.
only 6 years has it take you to post them :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 11 Feb 2019 13:05

probably a bit reluctant to share them with the likes of you :lol:

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 11 Feb 2019 13:34

Suspicious bulge makes it appear Dutchy was in process of elimination at time photo was taken.

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 11 Feb 2019 13:37

I was reaching for my gun, yes...

That Lara doll was also the reason I met Gerty, who was living only a 5 minute walk from my home in Amsterdam. It was sent to her because I was abroad (on another mission Phil) at the time Lara arrived. She posted pics and I recognized the neighborhood, never knew she was living so closeby..

Anurag

Post by Anurag » 12 Feb 2019 18:18

Mytly wrote:
30 Sep 2012 15:45

Now on to the festivities, specifically the festival of Ganesha, the elephant-headed Hindu god (remember the Ganesha keys in TR3? :wink: ). This festival, known as 'Ganeshotsav' takes place for 10 days in September (the exact date varies because it's based on the lunar calendar). During these days, statues of Ganesha are made out of clay, and displayed all over: small ones in people's homes, and medium-to-huge ones in temples and public pavilions constructed specially for that purpose. At the end of a certain number of days - usually 10, but it could be as little as one and a half day - these statues are taken to the nearest body of water (in Mumbai, that's the sea), and immersed in the water. This is known as 'Visarjan', which roughly translates as 'sending away'. Ganesha Visarjan involves long processions and parades as the statues are taken to the sea in a variety of vehicles, from the back of trucks to huge floats. People dance around the floats and play music, and onlookers gather along the procession routes. Entire streets turn into parties and carnivals. :D

Yesterday was Ganesha Visarjan, so I took some photos of some of the floats going down my street.
Omg Lara travelled to India and I did not host her, another missed opportunity when you log in after a decade though.

Happy to see another fellow (Indian) raider who's into Custom TR4 levels

Btw did you try feviqwik to fix the legs? I remember fixing the gun in Crysis 2 statue with that.
Learning the tricks of the trade ... Shall unleash once I am ready :)
Currently working on : VCI HQ - Unfinished Business -> 5% Done (Currently Shelved :D)
My Walkthroughs For Custom Levels