Posting Images On Site

off topic

Moderator: Marksdad

Moonpooka

Posting Images On Site

Post by Moonpooka » 08 Jun 2005 14:44

Posting images on site

Please resize your images. If you use a paint programme such as Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop, you can also resize your images using that programme.

If you don’t have a paint programme like the above, and wish to post a picture from the web, use this free tool to resize your image.

FREE ONLINE DIGITAL IMAGE RESIZER

and thank you to Jenni for this IrfranView link :2thumbsup:

IRFANVIEW

Now upload your images to a free image host. I use these ones.

PHOTOBUCKET

And

IMAGESHACK

You can now use the IMG tag supplied with your uploaded image, to post your pictures on site. Image Shack also has a thumb nail option if resizing your image will degrade its quality.

Some Basic help for taking Tomb Raider screen shots

While in game, you can use the Tomb Raider screen shot function. On my keyboard it’s the key. You may have to find your own key setting. You will know if your screen shot has been taken if the screen freezes for a second. Try watching Lara’s pony tail, if it stops moving, you know you have taken her picture.
You can do this as many times as you like in game, all screen shots will be saved to your TRLE main folder. They will be saved as image files named Tomb0001 Tomb0002 and so on. When you leave the game, remove the image files or they will be saved over when you re load and take more screen shots.
If you take multiple screenshots in succession, you can add these to an animation programme to make moving pictures. Lots of fun!

You will now have to convert your screen shots to jpg, as TR screen shots arrive as tga files. Use a good paint programme to do this, like paint shop pro. Bring up your screen shot and save as jpg.

You can also use the print screen key on your keyboard to take screen shots while in game. If you wish to take a screen shot of the statistics or inventory screen, you will have to use this function as the in game TR function doesn’t work for these particular shots.
After hitting the print screen key, hit ctlr and esc to return to desktop. Bring up your paint programme and from the edit tab, paste your screenshot and save as jpg.

Upload to one of the free image hosts and post your picture using the [IMG] tags supplied.
Last edited by Moonpooka on 07 Jan 2006 00:22, edited 1 time in total.

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 08 Jun 2005 20:59

many thanks for those fab tips on snapping pics in games - always wondered how that was done !!
Of doggie candle fame!

MichaelP
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by MichaelP » 08 Jun 2005 22:42

Thanks for that, Val! Very clear and very helpful!

I have now made it a sticky so it stays at the top for people to find it...

suzieq51

Post by suzieq51 » 09 Jun 2005 02:26

Thanks for the info, Moonpooka. I've often wondered how to do this. :)
I'm here for a good time not a long time.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 09 Jun 2005 02:40

Too complicated. I won't take the trouble. Will simply post no pictures. But thanks anyway, Val! :)
"I didn't care, friend. I wasn't there, friend. If it's the price of a pint that you need ask me again."

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 09 Jun 2005 14:53

You can always make a nice drawing Jorge... :D

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 09 Jun 2005 15:20

Yep. I'll become the Portuguese Picasso. :D
"I didn't care, friend. I wasn't there, friend. If it's the price of a pint that you need ask me again."

Jules

Post by Jules » 11 Jun 2005 04:17

Thanks Val
You explainded it very clearly - I knew some of the information but not all of it. I always used the Printscreen key on my keyboard, then as you said, opened up windows then a Paint/Photo program, but it always slowed the game reload down and I have to wait, I heard that on some older or slower PCs the game can stall or crash when doing this, depending on your setup, so saving your game beforehand might be wise.
Knowing that I can use the TRLE main folder now is worth investigating, just have to find the right key.

:smile:

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 22 Jun 2005 19:09

For those who don't have Paintshop or any program of that kind (note: this is my case), I recommend the Easy Graphic Converter version 1.2 in order to convert TGA files into JPG files. :)

http://www.etrusoft.com/graphic-converter/
Last edited by Hitsumei on 23 Jun 2005 14:07, edited 1 time in total.
The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.

Moonpooka

Post by Moonpooka » 23 Jun 2005 08:43

WOW thanks Hits, i DL all those little toys to play with :2thumbsup:

Linden
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Linden » 03 Sep 2005 19:55

:-P

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 14 Dec 2005 11:21

Ok Val, I uploaded it to imageshack, now how do I make it my avatar :D

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 14 Dec 2005 11:28

I did it I did it :jump:

Jenni

Post by Jenni » 06 Jan 2006 23:13

Irfanview is also an excellent image editor - free to download too :up:

Moonpooka

Post by Moonpooka » 07 Jan 2006 00:25

Jenni wrote:Irfanview is also an excellent image editor - free to download too :up:
Thank you Jenni :2thumbsup: i have added the link to the first post. Can you just check it's the correct one please? :)