Very Sick Cat

off topic

Moderator: Marksdad

High Priestess

Very Sick Cat

Post by High Priestess » 31 Oct 2017 11:48

We may have to euthanise baggy Cat within 24 hours. He is not the one in my profile picture, he is an abandoned ginger. He infected my albino with Cat 'Flu and both are seriously ill.

Please pray for my little furballs. Thank you so much in advance :angel:

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: Very Sick Cat

Post by Jorge22 » 31 Oct 2017 13:30

I sincerely hope they'll get better. Fingers very much crossed indeed (and I'm not even an animal person).
"I didn't care, friend. I wasn't there, friend. If it's the price of a pint that you need ask me again."

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 31 Oct 2017 14:48

They are in my prayers Lo :(

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » 31 Oct 2017 19:05

Thank you both, Star Cat is a lot better but Baggy is close to death in spite of his medipacks!

Love to all,

Lo :balloon:

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 31 Oct 2017 19:09

Star Cat looks just like my Farrah. I don't know how to post a pic in chat or I would.

Jay
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Jay » 01 Nov 2017 13:53

So sorry to hear your news, Lo. Losing much loved animals is always heartbreaking. I've got my fingers crossed that it doesn't come to that. :hug:
Time may be a great healer
but it's a lousy beautician

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » 02 Nov 2017 10:28

Thanks my dear TR friends :hug:

Star (in my profile image), is bouncing back and eating well.

Baggy is still very poorly and with no sense of smell due to congestion, he won't eat (cats won't eat anything that they cannot smell). He's on a lot of medications but I believe he is "depressed". We have only recently taken him in as a stray but one with a collar. He's obviously become lost or abandoned but I hope we haven't left it too late. We have had him castrated, microchipped and treated for fleas and mites only for him to have Cat 'Flu which is about as serious as it gets for felines.

I'll keep you all updated - thank you so much for your good wishes xx

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » 14 Nov 2017 21:39

I am pleased to update this thread with more positive news regarding Baggy. He's recently had another antibiotic and some powdered meds to help clear the congestion.

The biggest improvement is the fact he is eating very well - including wet food! Sadly he will now always be a carrier but we can't quarantine him forever so it's up to other feline owners to vaccinate their pets accordingly - something which is sadly rare around these rural parts :( Cat Action Trust are putting leaflets through doors so that should help although my immediate (lovely), neighbours have a shed full of kittens and are of Polish descent so don't speak much English :?

I'd like to thank everyone again for their good wishes for it has been a worrying time for my partner and I xx :angel: