5 years ago

off topic

Moderator: Marksdad

Tolle87

5 years ago

Post by Tolle87 » 12 Oct 2017 18:14

Exactly five years ago, on October 12. 2012. I became a member of this community. Now I just want to say a few spontaneous words :).

Basically I want to say thanks to all of you for proving how easy it is for people of all cultures, ages, nationalities....to get along and make each other feel good. World leaders could learn so much from us :D

Thank you all for many casual and deep conversations, thank you for knowing how to handle occasional disagreements and thank you all for becoming one very pleasant and important part of my life :2thumbsup:
Hallowed Be Thy Game

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: 5 years ago

Post by Jorge22 » 12 Oct 2017 18:43

You're welcome! :)
"I didn't care, friend. I wasn't there, friend. If it's the price of a pint that you need ask me again."

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 12 Oct 2017 19:09

Your welcome from me too.

45 years ago my Daughter was born on October 12th :D
:xmas: :xmastree:

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » 12 Oct 2017 21:35

Tolle87 wrote:
12 Oct 2017 18:14
Exactly five years ago, on October 12. 2012. I became a member of this community. Now I just want to say a few spontaneous words :).

Basically I want to say thanks to all of you for proving how easy it is for people of all cultures, ages, nationalities....to get along and make each other feel good. World leaders could learn so much from us :D

Thank you all for many casual and deep conversations, thank you for knowing how to handle occasional disagreements and thank you all for becoming one very pleasant and important part of my life :2thumbsup:
What a lovely testament, Tolle. I joined in 2009 and generally came in only to consult the stuck threads but very slowly I have contributed more to the Chat board so I can't take any credit on this occasion but am encouraged that you have found good folks on here as I indeed have too! I have shared a few PMs with fellow Raiders and like it that we seem to be in a very good place as a community - all with one common interest :angel:

It's nice how both I an other members have felt safe to open up about what is going on in our lives too :hug:

Long may it continue. Here's to us! :balloon:

Lo x

Ryan
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Ryan » 12 Oct 2017 22:44

High Priestess wrote:
12 Oct 2017 21:35
Tolle87 wrote:
12 Oct 2017 18:14

What a lovely testament, Tolle. I joined in 2009 and generally came in only to consult the stuck threads but very slowly I have contributed more to the Chat board so I can't take any credit on this occasion but am encouraged that you have found good folks on here as I indeed have too! I have shared a few PMs with fellow Raiders and like it that we seem to be in a very good place as a community - all with one common interest :angel:

It's nice how both I an other members have felt safe to open up about what is going on in our lives too :hug:

Long may it continue. Here's to us! :balloon:

Lo x
Well said! I only joined just under two years ago, but this has made a huge difference to my daily life. :2thumbsup:

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » 13 Oct 2017 01:51

Thanks, Ryan! Lets keep the love going! :D

I wonder if any builders are going to make some new Christmas levels for 2017? :blush:

I do hope so! This forum has spectacular members and it's great to see us all coming together again :hug:

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 13 Oct 2017 10:17

I think (and hope) so: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=30209&start=30 .

Mugs was important and will always be remembered by those who knew her. And I don't think she'd like to see this place come to a stop because of her passing. :)
"I didn't care, friend. I wasn't there, friend. If it's the price of a pint that you need ask me again."

Hitsumei
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Hitsumei » 13 Oct 2017 11:36

You're welcome, Tolle87! :)

It is pretty amazing how Lara Croft managed to unite so many people from different parts of the globe...

I've been here since 2004, and definitely learned a lot from here.

As far as the Advent calendar is concerned, it's important to keep bringing joy with levels.

I'm still working on an Egyptian level, but as I branch out into other domains outside of Egypt and Greece/Rome, I will certainly take on an Advent project. :)
"With effort and persistence, a beginner can become an expert!"

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » 13 Oct 2017 12:07

Hits, that would be great.

I also hope one day my level idea will come to fruition if anyone wants to build it (I know you are super engaged with other projects and things right now but I was falttered you seemed to find it of interest).

I also agree that Mugs would appreciate us keeping things alive in her absence. She was a lovely soul indeed and so helpful and approachable :hug: