Time may be a great healer
but it's a lousy beautician

MichaelP
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: Tomb Raider Suite - The Album - Kickstarter

Post by MichaelP » 19 Jun 2017 12:57

Come on, TR community!

49000 Pounds (and change) to go now, but only 5 days left!

I have now increased my own pledge to 440 and added the trle.net pledge (540), but for those of you out there who have not yet engaged and pledged for this cause, please consider doing so within the next 5 days!

If you would actually like to pledge, but feel unclear on how this all works or have no way of doing so (because you don't have a credit or debit card for example), please DO get in touch with me via PM and we can figure something out on how you can support!

Also note the rather nice special design limited Gold edition that was now added into the mix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dVq5aW ... e=youtu.be

GeckoKid
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by GeckoKid » 19 Jun 2017 14:28

I prefer that box so much more than the other one >_<

MichaelP
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by MichaelP » 19 Jun 2017 15:03

Yes, can only agree - and sadly it will be pure luck whether you get one or not - BUT of course, you can double your chances by pledging for the Buffet Reception... ;)

Speaking of which, this looks like it will be a very private buffet reception at this moment with only 13 (!) people pledging for the respective rewards and considering we talk here about TWO Events, one in San Francisco and one in London.

So think about it - 150 pounds only for the opportunity to have a cosy dinner with Nathan, Shelley, Meg, ... and my humble self :)

"Pledge £150 or more

TOMB RAIDER SUITE ARK OF THE COVENANT

You will receive an exclusive invite from Lara Croft, to attend the Composer Buffet Reception. A ’One Time Only’ opportunity to attend The Tomb Raider Suite official party…
The Composer Buffet Reception will be held at a major venue in both London and San Francisco. After a welcome reception drink served by Winston himself, you will be able to enjoy a delicious buffet and free refreshments all evening.
There will be music from The Tomb Raider Suite, projections of the games, merchandise, and gameplay competitions on the original Tomb Raider games (Please, no locking Winston in the fridge!).
This is a chance for you and your friends to talk to the people who helped create and shape Lara Croft and meet the famous names in the franchise: Nathan McCree (Composer), Shelley Blond (the first voice of Lara Croft), Meagan Marie (Senior Community Manager: Crystal Dynamics)
There will also be original live Lara Croft models at both locations (subject to availability).
All attendees will receive a special gift bag upon arrival.
Includes: • Exclusive invite to the Composer Buffet Reception "

Treeble
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Treeble » 20 Jun 2017 03:02

As an added bonus for said buffets is that there'll be giveaways for more copies of that neat Gold Edition. If only 13 people are in attendance, there's a good chance all of you will be walking out of there with two of them. :D

MichaelP
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by MichaelP » 20 Jun 2017 10:20

More incentive from Nathan below to step in or step up your pledge :)

And check out the new picture of all the rewards on the main kickstarter page - as a true Tomb Raider Fan do you really want to miss out on getting some of these into your possession?

ONLY 4 DAYS LEFT!! And still 45000 pounds to go - so give yourself (and your friends) a push... This project has to happen!!

"Composer Buffet Reception - Prize Draw

Dear Backers,

To recognize the generosity that you have been showing towards this project, we have decided to giveaway 10 free tickets to each of the Composer Buffet Receptions in London and San Francisco.

The prize draw will be open to all backers who have pledged £45 or more.

We have also decided to increase the number of GOLD ULTIMATE EDITION albums to 200. We intend to now giveaway 100 in a prize draw to all backers who have pledged £5 or more, and we will be giving away a further 25 at each of the Composer Buffet Receptions.

If you want to get your hands on one of these amazing very limited GOLD ULTIMATE EDITIONS, make sure you get your ticket to the Composer Buffet Reception to increase your chance of winning.

Either upgrade your pledge to at least £45 to be eligible to win a Composer Buffet Reception ticket, or simply increase your existing pledge by £150 to buy your ticket directly.

Increase your odds of winning one of these exclusive GOLD ULTIMATE EDITIONS by attending either one of the Composer Buffet Receptions.

Kind regards

Nathan."

MichaelP
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by MichaelP » 20 Jun 2017 12:46

And I am still pondering with the thought of making trle.net a sponsor of this project - despite the unfortunately rather poor engagement / interest of the broader community here .... If on Saturday there is really "only" 7500 pounds missing, I may go ahead and do it and then simply start charging the community for the use of trle.net until the money is recovered.... :idea: - something like a one time annual fee of 50 $ or so - a bit like Amazon PrIME or Netflix... :D

But I hope that won't be necessary, as you will all go to that kickstarter site and add a pledge or upgrade a pledge and we will hit that 160000 pounds by Sunday, right? RIGHT? :D :D

thestig

Post by thestig » 20 Jun 2017 23:18

Come on folks! I'll be upping my own pledge shortly.

In the meantime I've put together a fan trailer for the TR Suite here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is2NnX1o6HE

staticon

Post by staticon » 21 Jun 2017 14:14

This is an excellent idea.

I have made a pledge direct on the Kickstarter page.

I hope the target is reached as the music sounds great with a full orchestra and, sadly, I missed the event in London.
myspace.com/morestatgrav - Updated July '09 with 10 new tracks

MichaelP
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by MichaelP » 23 Jun 2017 19:44

Aaaand - it is DONE! Campaign successful - the project will become a reality! YAY!!

Nathan McCree Creator about 1 hour ago

"YAY!!!! WE DID IT!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU - The tears are streaming down my face!!!"

Gerty
Mod
Mod

Post by Gerty » 23 Jun 2017 19:49

And pretty fast if I may say so :D
Oops, I did it again... Image

OverRaider

Post by OverRaider » 23 Jun 2017 20:02

Well done everybody who supported in this project, I feel honoured to be a part of such a great TR community! :2thumbsup:
Where is no challenge there is a boredom

thestig

Post by thestig » 23 Jun 2017 20:19

I've literally obsessed over the Kickstarter for the last few days, checking the total again and again and again!

Thank you Michael for making the Campaign centre-stage on the site too, hats off to you for helping to push this so hard. I'm sure the traffic to TRLE has contributed highly to the success of this project, especially given it's international reach :)

Well done to the community for such a fantastic achievement! :2thumbsup:

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 23 Jun 2017 20:24

I'm actually very glad that the aim was met in time.
:2thumbsup:

But I (who, I confess, haven't contributed) shall play a bit the devil's lawyer :devil: and opinionate that it would have been equally cool of Nathan to have found the means for his project to be funded by [name them here, but I'm certain it wouldn't be that hard] instead of classic TR fans who must struggle. ;)

Peace. :angel:
"I didn't care, friend. I wasn't there, friend. If it's the price of a pint that you need ask me again."

Ryan
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Ryan » 23 Jun 2017 20:39

I didn't manage to contribute either, but I was monitoring the progress on an almost daily basis to see if it would go through. Great to see this project going ahead. :2thumbsup: