Walkthrough Small Talk, thread #2

pending walkthroughs/walkthrough small talk

Moderators: Tinka, Phil

Mulf

Re: Walkthrough Small Talk, thread #2

Post by Mulf » 07 Nov 2019 15:06

Thanks for the replies, guys. I hope I get around to editing a revised version of the walkthrough in question in due time. :)
And Phil, just to clarify: I wasn't badmouthing cheating per se, as I know well enough that there are perfectly good reasons for using and recommending cheats, from technical issues such as bugs to cases in which a builder's sloppiness, incompetence, lack of experience, or inclination towards trolling causes a level to fail. It's just that none of those were applicable in this case. :)

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 08 Nov 2019 04:13

Dutchy
6 - Blackbeard’s Fortress
(If you shot the small chest with an explosive harpoon, a wraith (spirit) would have showed up and you had to guide that wraith to all the lamps to ignite them all and then take it to this statue (so, this could have been done without the Torch
in my game it's not possible to shoot that chest
with other then explosive ammo
tried pistols, revolver,shotgun uzis harpoon gun with normal ammo

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 08 Nov 2019 08:50

Isn't that exactly what I said?

If you shot it with an explosive harpoon (in stead of leaving it intact and using the Torch) ....
But I will rephrase that as I see now it might cause confusion

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 08 Nov 2019 09:19

Dutchy wrote:
08 Nov 2019 08:50
Isn't that exactly what I said?

If you shot it with an explosive harpoon (in stead of leaving it intact and using the Torch) ....
yes you write so
but i can't shoot it with ordinaire ammo
only choice are explosive to crack it

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 08 Nov 2019 09:26

Check it out now....Can't make it any clearer than that

Treeble
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Treeble » 15 Nov 2019 01:20

I noticed that the walkthrough for Vinci's Test Levels #2291 is missing a crucial screenshot. To be specific, sub-level 11 refers to a screenshot which fortunately is still available on treditor.hu (I managed to lose all unofficial custom level walkthroughs I had so carefully archived at some point, go me! :up: ):

And because I'm a weirdo, I also realized a video nowadays would be much more helpful than the screenshot above, so I went and recorded a video walkthrough for it. :)

https://youtu.be/RB4Klop_GFs
Raider Daze (pt-br) | Do more of what makes you happy!

Treeble
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Treeble » 16 Nov 2019 16:53

I located the secret and the key in Vinci's Incursion Building #2068. :D
Once through the door, take the passage and make a left. Go left for a small medipack. Continue clockwise around the room. At the back wall, where a triangular crawlspace is, look right, get down to the light colored sand to pick up a Desert Eagle. Now here is something curious. Lara can get through that crawlspace, stand up, and find that a solid wall is in front of her. She will be back here. For now get out of this room to the green hallway.

Go left, crawl through to what looks like a deadly fire tile (quite safe, really) but DO NOT stand up. Instead, still crawling, return back to the Desert Eagle and you'll find that the floor texture has changed slightly: right now, it's a fall through floor. Inside the chamber below, you'll find a key needed for the only secret in this level. On the opposite end of the chamber, jump upwards into the different texture on the ceiling and you'll be back in the green hallway.

Crawl through the passage again and, this time,
jump out shooting. One of the three thugs will drop a keycard. There is a snake in a bush by the wall. The snake is protecting a push block in the corner. Push the block in twice to find a door.
I'll email the revised html file to Michael in a few minutes.

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 16 Nov 2019 21:25

Treeble wrote:
16 Nov 2019 16:53
I located the secret and the key in Vinci's Incursion Building #2068. :

I'll email the revised html file to Michael in a few minutes.
Now, that's the spirit :2thumbsup:
Did you also manage to sort out all the questions at the end of the walk..? Looks rather unfinished there too...

Treeble
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Treeble » 16 Nov 2019 23:13

Yup, edited that bit as well. :2thumbsup:

Ryan
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Ryan » 08 Dec 2019 18:07

Create a Classic 2019 - Monastery of Talion by PhryneCroft

From the walkthrough:
Tibetan Mask II.

Go into the gate you opened SW, to the right is a close off room where you have to place 4 Masks (later). Go through to the back room and find 4 levers and a Mask behind a gate. There seems to be NO clue for the levers. Left side (N), both levers down and S side the right hand lever down and the gate opens to Tibetan Mask II (levers1.jpg). Go back through the rooms and out to the Buddha hall.
There is actually a hint for this lever puzzle, but it's quite difficult to spot. If you look above the levers you will notice that one of the face symbols is facing a slightly different direction, which symbolises the one you do not need to pull. I didn't notice it at first as I was running around trying to find some other explanation other than trial and error. :D
No one but ourselves can free our minds...

Mulf

Post by Mulf » 08 Dec 2019 19:02

You are correct about the eye textures, but I'd say it's still trial-and-error, because 1) that's just too oblique a hint; 2) where is the hint that you need to use these same levers twice; and 3) what's the hint for the second combination?
That's without taking into account the other trial-and-error four-levers scenario with the booby traps.

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 08 Dec 2019 19:35

I agree with you Mulf, but at least the 4 floor levers are easily figured out, one is green, 2 kill you and the last opens the gate

Saw the first hint now (will add it in the walk) and hoped to find the second hint above the water room where the last Mask is, but no luck there

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 09 Dec 2019 10:59

Did I just solve this Mystery of the Monastery??? :blank:
Left 4 eyes closest to the Mask gate open the Mask gate
The 4 eyes closest to the receptacles gate open that gate, have a look Mulf, let me know what you think

Mulf

Post by Mulf » 09 Dec 2019 16:05

Dutchy wrote:
09 Dec 2019 10:59
Did I just solve this Mystery of the Monastery??? :blank:
Looks like you did, yes. Congratulations. Here's your prize, take it.

But I think that makes it not so much a clue as a mnemonic. If you know what to do, it certainly helps. (I can't remember how I even hit upon the idea of using the same set of levers twice. Being wrong about the number of masks I had to collect certainly helped: I thought opening that door was all that was left to do.)
It's certainly a very clever move by the builder; just a tad too clever, I'd say. It's as oblique as ever, perhaps even more so now: look how much time it took dedicated players such as Ryan and yourself to figure it out; trial-and-error was so much quicker. It's also out of character for the level, as everything else is pretty straightforward (though not necessarily easy).

Still, that doesn't take away from your heroic efforts. Enjoy your prize. :win1:

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 09 Dec 2019 20:38

Thanks, maybe I'll finally sleep tonight...