pending walkthroughs/walkthrough small talk

Moderators: Tinka, Phil

Ryan
Keen Eye of the Week
Keen Eye of the Week

Re: Walkthrough Small Talk, thread #2

Post by Ryan » 02 Apr 2019 23:34

Tomb Raider Destruction by Skyler Ortega, City of Vilcabamba:
Get down, go to the SW and pull and push the column to the tile in the NE corner (not very far). Then go up, go to far NE corner and pull down the switch. The block with column will raise. Pull out to the tile. The block in the W will rise. Get down and repeat the same with the center column. Push to the E tile and a fourth rope will appear. You needn’t use the middle tile, nothing will happen. Get to the raised block in the S and jump to the roof. Shimmy right and pull up. Jump and swing in four ropes to the E ledge.
The middle tile used in that pushable puzzle IS actually necessary, as it opens the second door BEHIND the one that opens when you pull the jumpswitch on the upper level to collect the Inca Doll described in the next paragraph. Whoever wrote the original walkthrough must have pushed the statues over the tiles at random until the door opened, but I believe each has a significance, and it only seems to work that way. There's also a tile in front of the middle pad that seems to trigger a piece of music but nothing more.

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 03 Apr 2019 01:22

DJ Full has recently done a complete rewrite of this walk, which has been posted here, so I can only assume he may not have picked up on this particular point.

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 08 Apr 2019 19:02

I focused a lot on secrets, pickups and the correct pathing in Egyptian part of the game.
I also rewrote the order in Croft Manor to make it as difficult to softlock as possible.
Peru might still contain some mistakes so thank you for pointing out this one.

I'm currently rewriting Intef vs Writings because it has similar issues.
Missing ammo, medikits, enemies, incorrect dev-intended routing etc.
For instance the long backtrack in last level isn't even needed, there's a shortcut door.
Will update this one as soon as I double-check the content in Fexinspect.
MAKE WIDESHOT GREAT AGAIN

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 15 Apr 2019 21:11

Phil, can I fix the last Return to Tinnos walkthrough a bit?
I see it has some inverted directions, a crystal and a switch missing.
Also there are 3 unlisted locations of the shotgun. I'd add all that :)

Ryan
Keen Eye of the Week
Keen Eye of the Week

Post by Ryan » 15 Apr 2019 23:11

I've managed to work out a fairly reliable method for the possible game breaking bug in Lara and the Old Abandoned House, Ireland Sewers (although you might want to leave the savegame in just in case), that might be worth adding in for those players who want to try and tackle it legally. It might be a faulty trigger rather than a non working one. What worked for me was to press the button, wait out the timer, step off the square with the button, step back on again and sprint out the door.

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 16 Apr 2019 00:16

DJ Full wrote:
15 Apr 2019 21:11
Phil, can I fix the last Return to Tinnos walkthrough a bit?
I see it has some inverted directions, a crystal and a switch missing.
Also there are 3 unlisted locations of the shotgun. I'd add all that :)
Sure, if you can (but I don't think you can edit walkthroughs in this forum). If you can't, send me the edits and I'll add them.

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 16 Apr 2019 04:08

Yes, what I do is I always download the entire site with full formatting, and use identical formatting to fill the gaps.

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 01 May 2019 10:44

Croft Curse by God Horus

There are 5 secrets in the game.

The first secret is not noted as such in the walkthrough. It is listed but not mentioned as a secret even though the secret chime rings and it registers in the game statistics as such. The first secret is in the Aegean Sea Prologue in the room with the gem in the lions head. The small and large medipack are a secret since the game counts it as such.

The gym area secret (shotgun ammo and flares) in the Croft Estate is actually secret #2 according to the game statistics.

EDIT: D.J. Full states in the addendum of the walkthrough how to win Senet and get the third secret, but he did not mention that the pickup in the third secret is a large medipack. It is actually simple to win Senet with continuous perseverance and strategy for movement---it doesn't take very long.

Also there was no snake with the bear before the motorbike. Perhaps it is random.

EDIT 2: D.J. Full states that the uzis secret was probably unfinished because the secret chime doesn't ring. That may be true, but alternatively, God Horus may have made it the way it is deliberately. It is possible that it is a tricky secret which is only recorded as such if you use the hoverboard. Whether you use the hoverboard or not, the secret chime only rings (and the secret registers in the statistics) if the hoverboard flies directly on top of the uzis. Thus, the hoverboard technique described in the walkthrough is probably the intentional way, rather than a shortcut.

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 06 May 2019 11:57

-The sounding of the First Secret was easily missed because of the loud music playing at that point.

-You are correct about the 3rd Secret at the Senet game, corrected.

-Every time I get to that point where the Bear is, there's also a Snake. So I'll just leave that in the walk

-The trigger for Secret 4 is a HEAVY trigger and can only be triggered by an object, NOT by Lara. So the hoverboard IS needed there if you want it to count in the statistics.

Adjusting the walk right now

DoggettTV

Post by DoggettTV » 06 May 2019 15:48

I write here too, maybe I was wrong Topic before...
TRLE: Dinocenter by Sabatu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIzD_SQ ... Aku2nzE1Eg
I found the sixth secret that was not in Walkthrough.
There is also a Lara's Home level by clicking on the Photography.
I hope I was helpful even though it is an old Custom Level

Teone

Post by Teone » 06 Jul 2019 13:55

Deep in the Jungle by Hokolo

There's a missing secret in the Walkthrough. Secrets total count is 6. Here is the missing one:

Go to the left or the right side and you'll be enclosed in a new area with fire-emitting statues and another burning Canopic Jar on a pedestal surrounded by a pool. In the NW corner you can climb a niche for Secret #3, shotgun shell. On the left is a closed gate with a Wall Switch. That will roll the boulder in the second cave outside. And that gate will only open once you get that 2nd Jar by placing the gems on the ledges above.

lizard queen

Post by lizard queen » 25 Jul 2019 15:04

The Forgotten Scribe - Hall of Fire-Ladder with burner:

The walkthrough says... I jumped to the ladder and went all the way right, waited for the burner to disappear and climb up one grab, waiting again, repeat climbing up short bits till you can get into an alcove (savegame).

I could not do this without getting burned time and time again and although a savegame is kindly provided, I hate resorting to that.

Alternate method:
Grab the ladder and hang until the burner disappears, then climb one rung so that Lara's feet are on the ladder and use the new move (sprint) to hop up the ladder just in time to avoid the burner coming back on again.

JesseG

Post by JesseG » 13 Sep 2019 04:00

A Spooky Tomb by Melvin Hall

When Lara reaches a space with two pushable towers on a grid, the walkthrough says:
Pull the NW piece on your right one time E. Move the other piece two times W.
I believe the second instruction should be "two times S". This would match up with Sylwia's screenshot in the stuck thread, which indeed opens the door to the beetle.

I think the game was updated since the walkthrough however, since there seem to be some other differences. The biggest one that I've noticed is that the elaborate pushblock puzzle is now skippable, thanks to two ladders in the pit that fills up with sand.

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 17 Sep 2019 00:47

Thanks for the heads up, Jesse. I've added an appropriate note at the beginning of the forum walkthrough.

Mulf

Post by Mulf » 26 Oct 2019 01:44

An odd little detail or two about Martin Penn: Sacred Temple Near Thebes to add to Gerty's walkthrough:

Right at the start, you come across Secret #1. About the end of the corridor in which it is located the walkthrough says:
The east wall is climbable and a closed door is on top of that, I never could open it, so if any of you could, please let me know.
There is a shaft at the end of the corridor, and indeed its E wall is climbable (unobtrusively marked as such). When you reach the top, a small scorpion is triggered, but other than that, you simply stand in front of a closed door, just as the walkthrough says.
It turns out that this door is triggered by the first button you come across a little further on, along with the door you would naturally expect it to open in order to progress. If you go back instead, you'll find the previously closed door back at Secret #1 has opened, and behind it is another short corridor containing what registers as Secret #2 (flares, 2x revolver ammo, 1 small medipack).

I rather like the concept of clustered or stacked secrets, but since there is no reason for you to go back, nor any indication that the door might have opened, I don't think this is a very good example of it. It may be a very successful one, though. I doubt anybody who played this pleasant, but insubstantial piece has bothered to go back to the start of the level at any point.

Also, regarding the bit that comes after the maze:
Place the Vraeus and after entering you are outdoors. A ninja is somewhere around.
That ninja drops the lasersight when he's dead. Since you already have the revolver at this point and are about to do some target shooting, it might come in handy for some; although you can easily manage with just pistols and shooting while jumping up and down, which is what the walkthrough suggests.