pending walkthroughs/walkthrough small talk

Moderators: Tinka, Phil

Ryan
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: Walkthrough Small Talk, thread #2

Post by Ryan » 04 Nov 2018 15:37

Surouth's Five Skulls by Lindet:

In the room with the switches near the end, I thought that I had encountered the same bug that Phil mentioned (pushing the two switches didn't open the gate). However, it actually seems to be some really obscure puzzle. According to this video walkthrough (that I had to watch to find out exactly how to solve it, have no idea how he did though) you have to use all levers anticlockwise, then go back and push the SW, SE and NE levers back up in that order. Once the next gate opens, just use the lever on the right as the left one just activates a dart trap. Once that's done, go and end the level.

Chel

Post by Chel » 21 Nov 2018 23:29

Hi! Hope this is in the right place. Quick comment about Tomb Raider II revised Ocean Rig walkthrough with regards to stone/silver dragon secret. No need to go back to first room and through ducts, since with pistols Lara can blow out the windows near yellow key card door. 😊

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 25 Nov 2018 09:50

This is the right place, thanks for the feedback, will amend the walk :2thumbsup:

José
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by José » 06 Jan 2019 17:48

TEMPLARS SECRET, by Feder

LEVEL 3 - INDUSTRIAL ZONE

The Furnace Room - first paragraph:

"Now get back to the Zip-line and use it, immediately drop at the steel wall, landing on a slope, jump with a left curve and then another jump left from the next slope onto a grated platform (savegame.4)."

I found specially difficult that maneuver, very very hard for me so I was looking for an alternative way and I think I found the way intended by the author, with an extra pickup too:

Grab the zip line and slide almost to the end until you see a slope under Lara's feet (not the small slope next to the wall but the largest one), drop/slide backwards and jump next to the bottom to land onto the next slope, slide/jump and grab the edge of the next sloped ledge, time the fire emitter (hoist up when the fire is about to start), hoist up/slide/jump to grab the crack in the pillar; go inside the crawlspace and drop from the other side timing the fire in the flat ledge near the lava. Duck to get the small medipack and situate Lara near the corner (she is safe there even when the fire is on), wait when the fire turns off and take a running jump to grab the top of the pillar attached to the wall, hoist up and from the ledge with the small fence take a running jump to grab the opposite wall with fire emitter textures, but fortunately inactive, shimmy all the way to the right side and from the top of the next block you can take an angled standing jump to grab the edge of the grated platform Dutchy mentioned in the first paragraph.

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 06 Jan 2019 17:51

Will check it out my friend..

I must have taken te easier route, because yours is about a page longer :D

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 18 Jan 2019 03:39

in Osvaldos-Base P Cero
i have 3 secrets but i only see 2 in the WT
and i am not sure where i found it

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 18 Jan 2019 17:42

Must not have heard the chimes, but I feel sure it's documented in the walkthrough. If someone will tell me where the third one is, I'll amend accordingly.

Edit: Done. Thanks, Doggett.

DoggettTV

Post by DoggettTV » 18 Jan 2019 20:01

Phil wrote:
18 Jan 2019 17:42
Must not have heard the chimes, but I feel sure it's documented in the walkthrough. If someone will tell me where the third one is, I'll amend accordingly.

Edit: Done. Thanks, Doggett.
You're welcome ^^

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 23 Jan 2019 14:10

LOTRKingluis, Level 4-Church Catacombs, where you have to jump into a hall full of boulders.

"Stop at the far end and save your game. Here's the way I did the next part safely and reliably. Take a running jump to trigger a boulder gauntlet, reverse roll immediately upon landing and run forward immediately in the opposite direction."

Well, I never managed that. A much simpler way, I can repeat every time without fail:
Turn around at the top of the slope, just back flip and immediately hop forward, back onto the slope you came from

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 11 Mar 2019 05:40

I'm rewriting bits of TR Destruction according to the notes I found on my drive... I wanted to do it before but I was halted for various reasons, in the meantime Moritz has added his fixes so now I'm both dealing with Andzia's dreadful mistakes and compare my updates with the updates added inbetween.... Moritz... Moritz!! MOOORIIITZ!!! I will have to alter some of your work, it's impossible to keep it intact, so I'm just giving you a heads up if you want to back it up...

In fact I'm thinking of replaying and double-checking the ENTIRE thing because EVERYTHING in this walkthrough is wrong, including shortcuts mistaken for dev-intended way (for instance she missed a crack altar climb and was pushing a block 9000 miles instead) and inverted compass directions - the compass says W, she writes E, the compass says NW, she writes SW... dammit, this walkthrough was written with less care than I have when building levels...

Edit... Bwmaaaahahahahahahahah.... this is more evil... this level, and also Realms of Destiny by the same builder, has inverted compass. It seems some walkthrough updaters noticed this and some other didn't. Jose wrote North, Yoav wrote South, and I wrote both.... Phfffrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...... xD What now?

Edit 2: Okay, at least for Realms of Destiny, I decided to keep REVERSED directions because, although I know they are wrong, I am totally sure the majority of players will make the same mistake as the walkthrough writers did, just because they are used to the red needle being north. Let's keep it consistent...
woof

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 12 Mar 2019 04:50

DJ Full:

In your rewrite of the walkthrough for TR Destruction, be sure to state that Lara MUST kill the cat in Croft Manor to avoid game loading issues in Win7 and Win8.1 after Lara goes out of the house. The cat is really a "baboon" disguised as a cat, and the baboon bug is at fault here.

Also, if the player wants secrets, Lara should get all secrets in Croft Manor except the one with the crowbar before shooting the target in the maze because the game cannot be saved after shooting the target until Lara is in Peru. This is a flyby bug (caused only by shooting the target) where the screen stays in flyby letterbox mode and the controls cannot work [CTRL-ALT-DEL has to be used to kill the game if a savegame is made and loaded after shooting the maze target.] In this case Lara has to do the maze, the gym and the swimming pool crowbar lever last in that order before opening the main gate to Peru if Lara wants the crowbar secret.

Also, please state if you know what the button by the jukebox in the upper hallway does, and if there is anything involved with shooting the five targets on the box ramp in the outside running course. Both of these appear to be unnecessary.

You might also note that Lara can shoot most paintings and kitchen appliances/sinks -- presumably a bug here or a joke by the builder.

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 13 Mar 2019 07:55

Cool. I already sent this update but I'm bookmarking this post and I'll add it when I can, thank you :)
woof

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 19 Mar 2019 06:13

TombTitan wrote:
12 Mar 2019 04:50
be sure to state that Lara MUST kill the cat in Croft Manor to avoid game loading issues in Win7 and Win8.1
Checked, crashed also on win10 as expected...
please state if you know what the button by the jukebox in the upper hallway does
It blasts a Katy Perry song, you didn't convert the audio so you also missed tons of other music in this game. I'm just gonna reupload the pack converted, there's no difference between 235 and 267 MB...
if there is anything involved with shooting the five targets on the box ramp in the outside running course
No trigger under, and shatter conditions didn't exist back then, so there seems to be nothing involved except from target practice.
You might also note that Lara can shoot most paintings and kitchen appliances/sinks -- presumably a bug here or a joke by the builder.
I guess the manor uses tons of object slots and he just ran out of them so he had to use the sink in one with shatter properties.
Lara has to do the maze, the gym and the swimming pool crowbar lever last in that order before opening the main gate to Peru if Lara wants the crowbar secret
Will add. Playing the entire level for better understanding of the continuum...
woof

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 20 Mar 2019 01:30

DJ Full has provided updated (and corrected) walks for Tomb Raider Destruction, Poseidon's Sanctum and Poseidon's Sanctum Reboot for any who wish to seize this opportunity to replay these classics. Thanks, DJ!

José
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by José » 21 Mar 2019 19:12

Search for the Holy Grail - Caves of Greece by PedroTheGamer

Last paragraphs from the walkthrough:

Jump over the blade trap at the entrance, continue past the spears and come to a sandy room. Veer right, activate the NW jumpswitch, reverse roll and exit this room before the timed door closes. There's a wall switch in this room, but I didn't have time to figure out its significance.

If you pull that switch twice the timed door opens so you don't need to be in a hurry to pull the jumpswitch.