pending walkthroughs/walkthrough small talk

Moderators: Tinka, Phil

Teone

Re: Walkthrough Small Talk, thread #2

Post by Teone » 08 Sep 2017 11:23

Trouble in Venice by kaufi-lc

There's a missing secret in the walkthrough
Only three are indicated, while total count is four. Here is the missing one:

[...] Get back to the library and pull/push each harp over the marked tile and a ROSE will appear between the bookcase. Secret option: climb the shelves S and go behind the bookcase in the SE corner to find a SECRET, collect uzi ammo and shotgun ammo.

Get back outside and jump into the water canal [...]

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 08 Sep 2017 15:52

Thanks for the information. Michael is the only one who can change the permanent walks posted at trle.net, so hopefully he's taking note of these alerts and making any appropriate additions.

By the way, the community should know that someone who calls himself Doggett D. McDog is posting some excellent video walkthroughs on YouTube. No aimless wandering in any of them, and even better, no annoying jabber.

billie2001

Post by billie2001 » 17 Sep 2017 12:00

Phil wrote:
08 Sep 2017 15:52
By the way, the community should know that someone who calls himself Doggett D. McDog is posting some excellent video walkthroughs on YouTube. No aimless wandering in any of them, and even better, no annoying jabber.
Good walkthroughs but the videos are quite dark and the quality rather poor.

MMAN

Post by MMAN » 15 Nov 2017 23:00

I've actually managed to finish Darkness Castle, so I'm thinking I'll upload an annotated video walkthrough of the sections not covered in the walkthrough for someone to work from, or for me to work from to finish the text walkthrough.

MMAN

Post by MMAN » 17 Nov 2017 11:48

I recorded the playthrough that finished Darkness Castle and did a playthrough with text note/hints (turn on subtitles/CC to see them): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX6P5KFRc9k

This can be used as a basis to finish the walkthrough, or I guess I could do it myself sometime.

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 17 Nov 2017 13:37

MMAN wrote:
17 Nov 2017 11:48
or I guess I could do it myself sometime.
Go for it!

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 17 Nov 2017 14:55

good videowalk and i like that u have done the effort with the subs
not that i ever have used a videowalk
but wel done

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 17 Nov 2017 18:02

Nicely done, that video walk. Had no idea you could shoot baddies through doors, never managed that :D :D

MMAN

Post by MMAN » 20 Nov 2017 18:58

I got permission from DJ Full to be able to complete the walkthrough, so yeah, I'll do that sometime soon.

MMAN

Post by MMAN » 29 Dec 2017 16:24

Okay I've finished the Darkness Castle walkthrough and submitted now. Hopefully I've done it right.

Mulf

Post by Mulf » 03 Jan 2018 14:29

I have an amendment to make for Mr Laudie’s walkthrough of Uranium Death.

At present it says:
[...] search the cabinet for Uzi's and the Golden Vraeus. [...] From there you can destroy a sentry gun just below the south side of the building. Safety drop into the corner behind the sentry gun and use the revolver and laser sight. There is another sentry gun in the south-west corner that will follow you but does not shoot.
The thing is indeed called “Golden Vraeus” in the game, and it’s difficult to tell since it’s lying flat on its side in the inventory, but it is in fact the Weapons Code Key from TR4 Cairo, the thing that disables sentry guns when you carry it on your person. There is no need to destroy the sentry guns in this level, and the fact that you have the Weapons Code Key is the reason why that other sentry gun “will follow you but does not shoot”; as the first gun would have, hadn’t Mr Laudie been in an uncharacteristically trigger-happy mood. :)

Oh, and while I’m at it:

The walkthrough for The Mayan Relic suggests you do this near the beginning of the second level:
The floor to the south is a spike trap. Grab the stripped wall to the left. Shimmy around the two corners to the right and release. Turn around and grab another stripped wall. Shimmy around the two corners to the right and release.
It is, however, entirely possible to avoid the spike trap by two simple running jumps: no tedious shimmying required. It may not be what the builder intended, but as a player I would like to know about the alternative. (Also, “stripped” in the quote above should read “striped”.) :)

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 05 Jan 2018 15:17

Seems the Forest Kingdom level was revised as I notice more changes that need to be added in the walkthrough, not only the Uzis at the start.

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 07 Jan 2018 22:30

I found something on my PC which is called "TR Destruction Walkthru Update".
It seems I was about to fill the missing secrets but I see the online walk has them.
Anybody remembers what actually happened to this walkthrough?
Has someone else updated this and I can delete what I have here?

Heck... I definitely remember touching this walkthrough.
I surely noticed Tal Rasha's tomb has description different from dev-intended...
But this isn't edited in my version... nor in the online with updated secrets...
my....
head...

EDIT: Oh, I see... I apparently had changes in a separate file and never applied.
Yeah, so somebody else must have taken this over in the meantime.
But the intended way is still not fixed, I'm gonna do that.
MAKE WIDESHOT GREAT AGAIN

José
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by José » 09 Jan 2018 19:09

Dark Island (Demo)

Level by Stripix

"Walkthrough" by Yoav

You are somewhere on dark alien island. Simply kill a few monsters and then wonder why you got here, because there is nothing else to do.

Well, I think that Yoav never explored carefully this area, 'cause I was able to go higher and find a finish trigger.
Of course, I had to use a savegame editor to add some flares to my inventory 'cause the level is too dark and there aren't any pickups. :angry: :blush:

My proposal for a new or updated walkthrough:

Once you've killed the monsters go to the NW corner of the area to find two pillars. From the N wall, face S (not from the very NW corner, but some meters E) and climb the lower pillar to your left. From the very NW corner of this lower pillar, position Lara facing W-NW and take a standing jump to grab the left part of the edge of the highest pillar. Hoist up and from the very SW corner of this higher pillar, facing SW take a running jump with a left curve to grab the edge of the high pillar near the W wall. Hoist up and approach to the E edge, jump to grab the edge of the platform above and hoist up. Kill another ameth and go to the S side of this platform. Look for a lonely pillar near the center of that S edge and climb it to find the finish trigger.

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 09 Jan 2018 21:15

Looks like I'll have to play that.... :D