Walkthrough Small Talk, thread #2

pending walkthroughs/walkthrough small talk

Moderators: Tinka, Phil

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: Walkthrough Small Talk, thread #2

Post by Dutchy » 04 Feb 2017 14:56

To the players that make video walkthroughs.. Pleaeaease have a look at this..and take the hint!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaXcK4ptWEQ
That's how a video walk should look like..

LoreRaider

Post by LoreRaider » 07 Feb 2017 21:54

And how I make them? I think like this one...
Just watch this one I've done one week ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq4JK8OECmM

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 07 Feb 2017 22:33

Dutchy wrote:To the players that make video walkthroughs.. Pleaeaease have a look at this
Tartan is amazing. The only problem with TR walkthrus is people confuse a walkthrough with a let's play.
MAKE WIDESHOT GREAT AGAIN

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 08 Feb 2017 06:45

LoreRaider wrote:And how I make them? I think like this one...
Just watch this one I've done one week ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq4JK8OECmM
That's the way to do it :2thumbsup:
And you are right DJ

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 08 Feb 2017 11:42

Ditto. We can see what you're doing (or failing to do). You don't need to tell us.

manarch2
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by manarch2 » 27 Feb 2017 11:42

I found another secret in Natla Technologies Building, but I have no idea where the other two are.

---

Reverse roll and exit, staying to the left until you reach a room with flares and a small medipack. Continue slowly NW until you trigger three sets of squishy shelves. Time your way past them with standing jumps and at the last one jump left into an opening. Pick up shotgun ammo and use the lever to lower another block on the main stairway. Return there and run down until you find it, pick up a small medipack for SECRET #3. Now return into the library and make your way through all three squishy blocks. Continue to the wooden doors you opened. Go straight ahead and pick up the spare UZIS, continue forward at turn right to find another BASTET STATUE. Continue around the periphery of this room and pause for a small medipack and uzi ammo. On the way back around, something causes more uzi ammo to materialize, together with a large medipack.

Edit: It seems the third cat statue is actually a secret...

Keep running around, and eventually you'll see lighter colored panels in the ceiling. I have no idea what causes this, but at some point the wooden doors will vanish and a new opening will appear in the E wall. If you continue running counterclockwise around the library you'll come to a smaller bookshelf with another BASTET STATUE which is SECRET #4. Go through that E opening and come to a room with an Egyptian motif. Shoot the cat statue in the SW corner (if you shoot the other one you'll release more of those blue bubbles), note the onscreen message and pick up the NOTE for another cryptic message.

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 03 Mar 2017 14:59

It's not noteworthy each time it happens, but with the recent release of so many great levels I thought it was worth pointing out that once again we have 100% walkthrough coverage at the moment. Thanks to all the contributors.

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 03 Mar 2017 16:59

We are the best..... the greatest :D

Scottie
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Scottie » 03 Mar 2017 23:11

That's for sure :up:

I cannot count how often I searched the WT-Section because of my Blindness. Thanks to all the People who have written all these helpful Tractates :2thumbsup:
Resistance is futile

JoeTheCrazyGamer

Post by JoeTheCrazyGamer » 06 Mar 2017 19:03

I posted this before the Site went down but i though i dont know if anyone seen it,

In Tomb Raider A - The Techno Egyptians and the Hidden Empire at the Centre of the World,
some of the secrets (Listed at the bottom) have the wrong item in the walkthrough I have listed the secrets that hard wrong along with what the pick up is.

Secret 2 (It says medipack in the walkthrough) Its actually TE Ammo (Revolver ammo)

Secret 5 (It says flares in the walkthrough) it is actually Crossbow Ammo.
"I understand that somehow is in my favour, so indulge me about the dagger. I'd be indebted with your life."

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 07 Mar 2017 05:42

Yes, I saw that and checked it out. I think they are little mistakes, not worth playing through this whole game again to check it. And as you can see at the end of the walk, I got this info from someone after release of the walk, (scotchu) and I just pasted the comments about the missing secrets there.

Manymee

Post by Manymee » 08 Mar 2017 12:34

Hi! First time that I'm posting in this part of the forum, so I hope I'm doing it right :) In the walkthrough for Twilight City by Holoko - I found that here

"PART FOUR: Get the fourth piece: The Right Gauntlet

Climb back down and go through the open gate to the south. Follow the corridor until you reach a four-way intersection, then run over the rocks directly ahead and continue forward to enter the crawl space. You find yourself in an area directly above the channel where you opened the underwater door earlier. Turn to your right and pull up into an underground street area as spooky music plays. Turn to your left and go around the crates to your left and skirt the flaming barrel. Vault up onto the short crate just beyond the barrel and step forward to drop down into a small clearing in front of the fence. Stoop down and pick up a small medi-pack, then turn around and vault over the two short crates. Make a hairpin turn to the left on the other side and climb up onto the tallest crate in the middle. Turn around inside the opening and jump up to grab the ledge above you. Pull up onto the ramp but be careful to stop when you reach the top, as a burner trap lies down below. Take an angled running jump around the corner to the right to the ledge against the west wall. Turn right, run to the end of the ledge and throw the wall switch to open a gate somewhere outside. Reverse roll, and from the other end of the ledge take an angled standing jump back to the opening of the facing corridor. Go back down to the crate-filled area."

There is another climbable pipe wall texture there so you can simply climb around to the switch and back.

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 08 Mar 2017 13:57

Thanks, Manymee. I needed a good excuse to replay that old classic and "clean up" the walkthrough a bit.

Manymee

Post by Manymee » 08 Mar 2017 14:11

You're welcome, Phil. I'm enjoying it a lot right now. Will keep my eyes peeled. :)

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 15 Mar 2017 15:19

Dutchy wrote:
07 Mar 2017 05:42
I think they are little mistakes, not worth playing through this whole game again to check it.
FYI, currently there are so many levels recorded it very often suffices to watch them and see what's wrong.
Phil wrote:
08 Mar 2017 13:57
I needed a good excuse to replay that old classic and "clean up" the walkthrough
I'm astonished to find out how many of these walkthrus need a "cleanup". I'm playing large releases to have them done, and every third or fourth lacks vital info. Basically everything by Andzia9 needs a rewrite, sometimes missing half of secrets, having shortcuts described as intended routes while intended routes are ignored... I'm currently playing Search for the Hand of Rathmore, same thing - 2 secrets listed, 4 found already... Following such walkthru generates even more confusion and anxiety, contrary to the purpose. Was it that difficult to ask the author or use Fexinspect to verify if you found everything? That's what I do everytime I write :annoyed:

I have some of these updates stored, I'll send them all in one go. My procedure is to save complete site and keep all formatting, not touch any codes except from the font color - I hope this is correct, I never remember if this will look correctly after reupload.
MAKE WIDESHOT GREAT AGAIN