Walkthrough Small Talk, thread #2

pending walkthroughs/walkthrough small talk

Moderators: Tinka, Phil

lizard queen

Re: Walkthrough Small Talk, thread #2

Post by lizard queen » 14 Dec 2019 23:40

Hello All,

Re: Symbol of the World 2 Walkthrough, Selene asked if anyone found the shotgun in the second level to post it.
So here it is, right after you push the first floor lever, through the open entrance and in the corner where the scorpion comes out. For some reason, I can't seem to attach an image to this post to show exactly where.

José
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by José » 17 Dec 2019 19:27

The Vagrant's Villa Mortal 2 revised, by grinder1

The walkthrough:
...Hop back onto the sloped roof and jump SE onto the nearer bridge. Run to the other end and ignore the inaccessible medipack...

Not so inaccessible. Jump onto the sloped block above the medipack, turn right, jump back and grab the E edge of the sloped block, drop/grab the edge of the ledge below and hoist up to get that medipack.

José
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by José » 15 Jan 2020 16:01

Create a Classic 2019 - Monastery of Talion

The walkthrough:

Detour for a Secret: Go into the opening W, through the chains and in the storage move the crate in the far left back corner out and under the hole in the ceiling, get up there and grab Secret #1, Shotgun ammo, 2x Uzi clips and a Gold Skull. Drop down and go back to the burner room.

In this room with Secret #1 it's possible to move the crates attached to the N wall to discover a wall switch. Pull it to stop the fires on the central pillar in the previous burner room so you can easily cross to the other side.

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 15 Jan 2020 21:09

Now you tell me... :annoyed:
:D

Edit: Added
The Two most important days of your Life; the one where you are born and the one when you find out why (Twain)

Dutchy's (D&G) Walkthroughs

Treeble
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Treeble » 07 Mar 2020 17:18

Here are the locations of the three missing secrets in Franco Bula's Under the Moon - Magic or God (levelid #2493):
Spike Traps, Rays

Sprint into the left alcove with the button, use it to open a door elsewhere, turn and jump over the right fire pit, avoid the fires and sprint through the right passage before the spike wall hits you. If you care, there is Uzi Ammo in the niche where the spike wall came from. At the end of the tunnel pick up Shotgun Ammo; Lara looks at an object on the left wall. Go down into the next room, kill a dog, head on right and kill a skeleton. The left passage leads you back to the start, so don’t go there yet. Slide down and jump up to the left. Crawl through a narrow passage, get up and follow the passage until you hear some doors closing. * (...)
* When you hear the doors closing, look upwards and you'll notice a flat ledge slightly off to the side. Line up to it, jump, climb up and backflip off the slope to land on a secret.

The Arrow

Pick up Shotgun Ammo left, then head through the right passage, avoiding three spike traps coming out of the wall. Slide down the left passage (right is Uzi Ammo in front of a closed door) and kill two ahmets. Jump up over the left slopes and slide down into a room with a deadly pit in front of you. Slide and in the last moment jump to the other side. Turn and run over the left ledge, then grab a crawlspace ledge and head through, climb up into the right passage and crawl to get the Arrow, return and kill a dog in the last passage. * (...)
* About halfway through the corridor leading to the crawlspace, there's a movable block. Push it twice to reveal a secret.

More Dangers

Slide down the slope in the rear part of the room again and this time jump up the right passage. Kill a dog and an ahmet in the next room, pick up a Little Medikit. Enter the passage and use the Gold Key at the end to open the door. Avoid a spike trap when entering the next room and kill two skeletons and an ahmet. Pick up the Uzis in the centre.* (...)
* In the same room with the Uzis, there's an opening in the ceiling behind the column near the red rays. Locate the hanging climbing wall and climb to the top. Near a Health Crystal, is a movable block. Pull it out of your way and crawl all the way to the end on to a different tile on the floor. You'll see a vase elsewhere which you haven't been to yet. When you are making your way out of the Dark Maze section, you'll notice a door open just under the ledge you need a pushblock to climb up to and, within, the last secret.
Raider Daze (pt-br) | Do more of what makes you happy!

Teone
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Teone » 27 Mar 2020 11:53

Egypt Artefact by Compass

Secret count is 4. When the Walkthrough says
Avoid the blade and then go SE into a crawlspace for more Shotgun ammo.
That's Secret #3, while the Mummified Cat is Secret #4

Then I also found an illegal way to progress without using the torch, but nevermind. :wink:

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 28 Mar 2020 20:41

Thanks Teone, will amend the walk..
The Two most important days of your Life; the one where you are born and the one when you find out why (Twain)

Dutchy's (D&G) Walkthroughs

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 10 Apr 2020 13:14

Templar's Treasure Part 1 walkthrough in the walkthrough forum thread:
In the first level when going to the area where secret #3 is, you CAN use the ceiling monkey bars to go to the wall ladders. The walkthrough says the ceiling monkey bars no longer work, but that is not true. When you go into the area, slide slightly down and jump up to grab the monkey bars. It can be tricky, but it does work because that is what I did, and it is a lot easier than redoing the multiple jumps back and forth.

EDIT:

Also, the location for getting Secret #4 is not very good. It is nearly impossible to reach the adjacent alcove following the way the walkthrough is written, and Lara would also have to do a banana jump. A better place to make the backflip move is in the corner walkway above the alcove with the skeleton and medipack. From the corner south side fence, make a diagonal backflip over the fence into the alcove with the skeleton and medipack and get secret #4. There is no need to do a banana jump.

nad

Post by nad » 10 Apr 2020 18:39

TombTitan wrote:
10 Apr 2020 13:14
Templar's Treasure Part 1 walkthrough in the walkthrough forum thread:
In the first level when going to the area where secret #3 is, you CAN use the ceiling monkey bars to go to the wall ladders. The walkthrough says the ceiling monkey bars no longer work, but that is not true. When you go into the area, slide slightly down and jump up to grab the monkey bars. It can be tricky, but it does work because that is what I did, and it is a lot easier than redoing the multiple jumps back and forth.

EDIT:

Also, the location for getting Secret #4 is not very good. It is nearly impossible to reach the adjacent alcove following the way the walkthrough is written, and Lara would also have to do a banana jump. A better place to make the backflip move is in the corner walkway above the alcove with the skeleton and medipack. From the corner south side fence, make a diagonal backflip over the fence into the alcove with the skeleton and medipack and get secret #4. There is no need to do a banana jump.
For secret #4:
I just tried what you wrote. It's a lucky jump, because you have to position Lara in the right angle, otherwise she won't even get over the railing. The jump directly over the railing with a backflip is very easy. You only have to take a long run jump with back flip so that Lara doesn't touch the railing. That's very easy.
Stay at home and play Tomb Raider custom levels

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 10 Apr 2020 19:43

TombTitan wrote:
In the first level when going to the area where secret #3 is, you CAN use the ceiling monkey bars to go to the wall ladders. The walkthrough says the ceiling monkey bars no longer work, but that is not true.
Thanks for the tip. I've amended the walkthrough accordingly so that players can do it either way.
TombTitan wrote:
It is nearly impossible to reach the adjacent alcove following the way the walkthrough is written, and Lara would also have to do a banana jump.
My way worked for me the first time I tried it. And doing a banana jump every now and then puts hair on your chest. Besides, you'll need to master the art if you want all the secrets in this game.

Treeble
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Treeble » 17 Apr 2020 01:27

I just wanted to say that understanding this walkthrough seems more taxing than a blind playthrough. :?
Raider Daze (pt-br) | Do more of what makes you happy!

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 17 Apr 2020 03:35

yea to many abbreviations

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 18 Apr 2020 00:16

Nad,
See the stuck forum thread for a savegame showing the alternative method to get secret 4 in level 1. Although a backflip can be done from this location, a side jump is easier to replicate, and it is NOT a pixel perfect starting point for the side jump. Lara can actually be in several spots around the one in the savegame to make the side jump.

nad

Post by nad » 18 Apr 2020 09:23

TombTitan wrote:
18 Apr 2020 00:16
Nad,
See the stuck forum thread for a savegame showing the alternative method to get secret 4 in level 1. Although a backflip can be done from this location, a side jump is easier to replicate, and it is NOT a pixel perfect starting point for the side jump. Lara can actually be in several spots around the one in the savegame to make the side jump.
I did the sidejump. I wrote about this. Also I have enough saves from the first part. But it was easier to jump directly over the railing because you didn't have to position Lara at any angle. You just have to make a jump forward with a turn like I explained. You can also see this jump (but performed slightly differently that I did) in the video walkthrough (1:16:10). I made the jump so that Lara jumps over the railing without touching it.
But never mind. Now we all know, that there are several ways to get to the secret.
Stay at home and play Tomb Raider custom levels

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 18 Apr 2020 13:54

Nad, I cannot see the video because my regular internet and phone service went down in March, and I cannot get it fixed for months due to the virus shutdowns. I have NEVER been able to do the jump that Phil wrote about. If you say it is easier, please post a savegame with Lara ready to make the backflip jump because I could NEVER find a place to put her without her ALWAYS going in the water. My way is EASIER because it is NOT an exact pixel location to start as Phil's is.