pending walkthroughs/walkthrough small talk

Moderators: Tinka, Phil

José
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Re: Walkthrough Small Talk, thread #2

Post by José » 15 Jun 2017 17:54

Colloseum 2, by Gerbil.

Found the secret bonus chamber the author mentions in the readme file.

Harry wrote:

Climb the seats to the west for flares. Go down and enter a north-west room. Go to the north wall for the open gate. Follow the tunnel and turn to the west. Stop and wait while a rock rolls and drops into a pit in front of you. Continue up the ramp and loop around the corner and an earthquake happens...

After the earthquake, you can go back to the very beginning of the level, to the corridor where you picked up the crowbar to find an opening and in the next room pick up 2 X revolver ammo, the revolver, the grenade gun, grenade gun ammo and grenade gun flash ammo.

There is also an adjacent room where you can jump onto the blocks attached to the walls to trigger some enemies and practice with your new guns: 2 crocs, 2 wild pigs and 2 skeletons.

Teone

Post by Teone » 19 Jun 2017 11:12

Create a Classic - The Dragon Statues by Erikku

I want to say three things about this WT

1) To kill or not to kill monkeys

Phil suggests to kill monkeys, even though they are friendly. Anyway, this choice causes a difference in the gameplay: infact, the monkey does not steal the Rusty Key if you have not killed any of them before.

2) SECRET #6 location

This Secret is not where Phil locate it but here:
Enter the crawl space and push the boulder out of the way. Slide down after the boulder and jump off with a right curve to land (most likely) in a hole where a block needs to be raised. Locate a pushblock in the SW corner and pull it back to reveal shotgun ammo and a small medipack. <---- This is SECRET #6

3) Not mentioned levers

Just before the final room where you get the Dragon Statues there are two wall levers (you must light a flare to see them). They are not mentioned in the walkthrough and they seem useless, except for causing some debris fall.
Are they really useless?

LoreRaider

Post by LoreRaider » 24 Jun 2017 16:36

There's a little error about the 6th secret on the "Create a Classic: 20 years of TR - The Dragon Statues" level :)

The walkthough says: Continue forward to find a pushable block to your right. Pull it back, then go to the crawl space to the left of it and pull inside for flares and SECRET #6.
It should be: Continue forward to find a pushable block to your right. Pull it back, then go to the crawl space to the left of it and pull inside for flares.

The 6th secret it's here: Locate a pushblock in the SW corner and pull it back to reveal shotgun ammo and a small medipack.
It should be: Locate a pushblock in the SW corner and pull it back to reveal the SECRET#6. Pick up shotgun ammo and a small medipack.

I hope to be helpful :)

EDIT: Oh, I just saw Teone's post now, sorry about that :lol:

Ryan
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Ryan » 24 Jun 2017 23:08

Wild Temple, by Cool King
Go to the south-west corner and push open the doors. You enter a room with a pool in the middle. Pull three wall switches to open underwater gates. You can pick up a large medipack at the south switch. Get into the water. There is nothing in the east tunnel but swim inside to trigger a rising block in the first room.
There is actually something inside that east tunnel, but it's buried in darkness. Light a flare and you'll see that you can climb out. In that passage is a switch that opens a gate with some flares and shotgun ammo behind, as well as a fire wraith that needs extinguished.

LoreRaider

Post by LoreRaider » 26 Jun 2017 13:49

Island of the Silver Moon by Emoo

In Dutchy walkthough, there's a part that should be in another level

The walkthough says:
Mystique Maze Revisited.

Through the crawlspace into the water pillar room, out SE and right, then left up the steps and out to the large area.

Go right and follow the ledge, shooting one more Horseman, to the right is a “window” showing you another Secret. Go W to another big gate you can open with the last 2 Oceanic Masks.

Mystique Madness Revisited.

The 2nd Mystique Pillar Room.

Inside you can dive into the pool under the Arch, swim through the tunnel and keep right, into the water filled pillar, collect Secret #10, that Medipack near the window. Swim back and keep to the other side, get some Shotgun ammo and look on left wall for the UW lever and use it. Swim back to the pool and go into the N gate you opened, now you have to do the same as in the 1st Mystique Pillar room. It’s identical (savegame.5). Get the Uli Key and go back out.

It should be:
Mystique Maze Revisited.

Through the crawlspace into the water pillar room, out SE and right, then left up the steps and out to the large area.

Go right and follow the ledge, shooting one more Horseman, to the right is a “window” showing you another Secret. Go W to another big gate you can open with the last 2 Oceanic Masks.
Inside you can dive into the pool under the Arch, swim through the tunnel and keep right, into the water filled pillar, collect Secret #10, that Medipack near the window. Swim back and keep to the other side, get some Shotgun ammo and look on left wall for the UW lever and use it. Swim back to the pool and go into the N gate you opened.

Mystique Madness Revisited.

Now you have to do the same as in the 1st Mystique Pillar room. It’s identical (savegame.5). Get the Uli Key and go back out.

I hope this helps :)

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 26 Jun 2017 14:59

in return to luds gate
you should highlight the get Laser-gun ammo, Laser-Gun and the Laser-sight.
cos its a very essential weapon later
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=30537
rgs vimmers
hit f5 often in the forum

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 26 Jun 2017 16:55

Will work on this when I'm back home next week

Treeble
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Treeble » 16 Jul 2017 04:52

I have cleared my journey through all custom TR2 levels and I'd promised myself that I'd record a video walkthrough for Bounce Pad, as Henk Eland's walkthrough is perhaps too descriptive. For some reason the final video came out much darker than the original capture, I suspect that's because it was recorded at 900p but rendered at 720p...

#2237 Bounce Pad (Demo)

:)

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 16 Jul 2017 09:19

I think you can brighten it in moviemaker?

Treeble
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Treeble » 16 Jul 2017 13:02

Will keep that in mind for future projects. Even with the YouTube compression it's still quite visible due to the level nature.

José
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by José » 26 Jul 2017 07:44

The Calling, by Greywolf.

Level 4: Iceland

East room: (last paragraph)

Harry wrote:

Pull up into the north-west hole. You pull up into a room and the east wall door is open. Enter the door and follow the tunnel to pick up Light Crystal #2 (Cristallo di Luce #2) from the pedestal. Return to the room and dive into the water. Swim south to return to the east wall archways. Return to the central room.

That never worked in my game, and after pull all four switches in the flipped rooms, if I surface from the NW hole, the door was still closed.

What worked in my game was, after pull all four switches, was surface from the SW hole. So the last paragraph should say:

Pull up into the south-west hole. You pull up into a room and the east wall door is open. Enter the door and follow the tunnel to pick up Light Crystal #2 (Cristallo di Luce #2) from the pedestal. Return to the room and dive into the water. Swim south to return to the east wall archways. Return to the central room.

Treeble
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Treeble » 01 Aug 2017 23:06

#2045 — Skate or Die (TR5), by Skateboard Kid

Unsure if anyone has addressed this before, but anyway, there's an infinitely easier way for these two bits:
At the top, it was very difficult to get back. From the corner block, jump into a flat area above the slope. Use the binoculars to see it. Climb the first block and then jump to the sloped block at the side. Go to the corner where there is an edge; not the wall corner. After a while of action (CTRL) and LEFT/RIGHT arrows so that Lara is twisting or rotating in that corner, Lara got onto the flat surface with her head stuck in the bricks. (...)

(...)

You hear a gate opening. Hop down and get into the open gate. Crawl into the opening and stand up to face a small depression in the floor. This was another difficult place to get into. Turn so that you face the rooms the dragons were in. Stand with your back to the wall and jump at a slight angle to the flat block on the opposite side. Lara ended up with her feet in the depression. (...)
On both cases, you can simply perform a "running crouch" (think of it like a running jump; ie take the usual hop back, run and immediately press crouch). Lara will duck right into where you want her to be.

LoreRaider

Post by LoreRaider » 02 Aug 2017 20:56

I will soon start uploading video walkthroughs of Back To Basics 2015 on my channel, would be nice if someone could put the links for them into the written walktrhoughs when they will be ready :D
I will for sure post the links here for all the videos I'll upload :)

Maybe... I will do also Back to Basics 2016, who knows :-P

LoreRaider

Post by LoreRaider » 31 Aug 2017 11:42

And finally, here's the playlist of the BtB2015! :D
I will keep that updated with the new videos I will upload soon ;)
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... bFcnLYnYxz

José
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by José » 04 Sep 2017 16:13

Under the Moon - Magic or God
by Franco Bula

Found the remaining secrets.

Spike Traps, Rays

Sprint into the left alcove with the button, use it to open a door elsewhere, turn and jump over the right fire pit, avoid the fires and sprint through the right passage before the spike wall hits you. If you care, there is Uzi Ammo in the niche where the spike wall came from. At the end of the tunnel pick up Shotgun Ammo; Lara looks at an object on the left wall. Go down into the next room, kill a dog, head on right and kill a skeleton. The left passage leads you back to the start, so don’t go there yet. Slide down and jump up to the left. Crawl through a narrow passage, get up and follow the passage until you hear some doors closing. Go into the left passage,

at the end of the passage, turn left facing the room with the deadly red rays and don't drop to the lower ledge with the timed wall lever, jump up to grab the edge of the sloped ledge above, hoist up and jump back to discover Secret 2: an Energy Diamond.

you can see a room with deadly red rays. Don’t go down but look to the right wall to see a timed wall lever.

The Arrow

Pick up Shotgun Ammo left, then head through the right passage, avoiding three spike traps coming out of the wall. Slide down the left passage (right is Uzi Ammo in front of a closed door) and kill two ahmets. Jump up over the left slopes and slide down into a room with a deadly pit in front of you. Slide and in the last moment jump to the other side. Turn and run over the left ledge, then grab a crawlspace ledge and head through, climb up into the right passage and crawl to get the Arrow, return and kill a dog in the last passage.

In that passage locate a movable block in the wall to your right (light a flare) and push it twice to get a Secret 3: uzi clips

Run to the end of the passage and climb up (a trapdoor opened after picking up the Arrow). Backflip onto the ledge near where you started this detour.

Lava and Spikes

The opened door is on the opposite wall to where you started the trap sequences.

But if you want the last secret of this level, go first to the back of the pillar next to the deadly tile with the red rays; in the side nearest to the wall look up to see a hole in the ceiling and a ladder. Climb the ladder to the top and find a green health crystal and uzi ammo; to the right of the ammo there is a movable block, pull it out and aside and go inside a crawlspace to find a tile with a circular design, crawl onto it to get a camera shot of a room you've not visited yet. Go back to the room with the red rays and to the corridor where the next task awaits.

Run in and a spike wall starts moving down in a far room, quickly jump over the left and right ledges, in the small ledge at the end step back and run-jump into the spike room, then sprint to the right hand exit. Follow the passage, kill a skeleton and at the end climb the ladder outside.

Dark Maze

Head through the passage and run down some stairs. You need to jump on five blocks that are hidden in the maze. First kill two ahmets, then find the first block near the start, the second in a left passage, the third directly near the (looking from the entrance) far wall, and the fourth and fifth near this far wall. This opens a door at the start of the maze. Return there and

if you triggered the circular tile mentioned in the paragraph “Lava and spikes”, a door should be open at the back of the room with Secret 6: a large medipack, an Energy Crystal and a sort of untextured Seraph called “P1”.

also find a movable part of the rear pillar, push it into the room and to the wall to be able to climb up...