Pending Walkthrough Projects, thread #4

pending walkthroughs/walkthrough small talk

Moderators: Tinka, Phil

Phil
Mod
Mod

Re: Pending Walkthrough Projects, thread #4

Post by Phil » 13 Jun 2019 13:14

Getting started with Franky's Replicants Planet.

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 27 Jun 2019 14:08

Getting started on Gabriel Croft's TR2 Remake.

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 03 Jul 2019 14:27

The Walk for Don't Kill the Monkeys by Dino14 was done while testing

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 03 Jul 2019 17:35

Dutchy wrote:
03 Jul 2019 14:27
The Walk for Don't Kill the Monkeys by Dino14 was done while testing
ok
but how would you part it up if we shall create threads in stuck forum
i am in a part got through a canyon to a ocean and can see a quadbike
the 2 levels i have being in now are the same name

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 03 Jul 2019 21:17

Just the same level, part 2, because it became too big for one

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 09 Jul 2019 01:00

Since I'm TR3 challenged, Nevada Tomb will have to be done by someone else. Looks like A Spooky Tomb has a hellacious pushblock exercise, so the better part of valor will be to wait for a video walk before undertaking a written walk. In the meantime, since no one else is likely to do it, I'll get started on the revisited version of A Time Forgot.

José
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by José » 10 Jul 2019 09:40

Phil wrote:
09 Jul 2019 01:00
Since I'm TR3 challenged, Nevada Tomb will have to be done by someone else...
I'll do the job then.

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 14 Jul 2019 13:30

Doggett TV's video for A Spooky Tomb has now been posted. A two-hour speedrun (if that's the right word in this case) for a 25MB download forebodes a great deal of drudgery, which I suspect will make the task of writing a walkthrough a painstaking one indeed. I'll give it a try and see how it goes.

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 14 Jul 2019 15:46

Phil wrote:
14 Jul 2019 13:30
Doggett TV's video for A Spooky Tomb has now been posted. A two-hour speedrun (if that's the right word in this case) for a 25MB download forebodes a great deal of drudgery, which I suspect will make the task of writing a walkthrough a painstaking one indeed. I'll give it a try and see how it goes.

wave 005 Ahh Haa.
At key item pickups.
wave 032 Bingo, I'll be back with a fork lift for this lot.
Said at the end of the chain of crystals secret pickup.
wave 033 This could take a bit of doing.
At the start of the triple high block puzzle with the pushable vase.
wave 034 It looks like the previous dig had a bit of a cave in.
When you climb the wall after the start slides.
wave 035 Hello,check out the echo.
In the dark room past the clockwork beetle floor trap.
wave 036 Looks like I need a clockwork beetle for this spike trap.
Said at the start of both clockwork beetle puzzles.
wave 037 That did the trick.
After using the explosives to blow a hole in the wall.
wave 038 When the diggers smashed down this wall down they must have disturbed the dead.
In front of the broken wall in the square area with the large corner pillars.
wave 039 I'll need a detonator handle for those explosives.
In the crawl passage to the area with the explosives on the wall.
wave 040 Something does not feel right here.
Before the passage with trap doors into the crocodile water pit.
wave 041 This crystal was not here before, I may have to back track to find them all.
At the start after activating the first & second crystals.
wave 042 Bugs, I hate bugs.
On entering the square sandy area with the palm trees.
wave 043 I smell a boulder trap.
On the steep slope out of the sandy area too the large pharaoh statue.
wave 044 Torches are lit, looks like I'm expected.
At the level beginning.
wave 045 Impressive statues, Verner would have loved this.
When you cross over the rope bridge to the chess board obelisk puzzle.
wave 046 Finally, my arms are knackered after all that.
After completing the push block puzzle.
wave 047 More skeletons.
During the nine square vase push puzzle.
wave 048 Ohh shit.
On shooting open a vase containing locusts.
wave 049 That should open the exit.
After inserting the exit key in the left corner of the Pharaoh statue room.
wave 050 I hope this rope bridge is strong enough, the water looks very shallow.
After the sand pit & the triple high block puzzle.
wave 051 Of course, every dead Pharaoh needs a swimming pool.
On approaching the large pool area with the raising block.
wave 052 That was the first warning trap.
At the start on activating the spikes.
wave 053 Ahh a welcoming committee.
Entering the large square area with the large corner pillars.

DoggettTV

Post by DoggettTV » 15 Jul 2019 03:36

Phil wrote:
14 Jul 2019 13:30
theoretically it is not a very long level.
Unfortunately I think that 1 hour of walkthrough is due to the following two puzzles:
1) - The puzzle of the blocks and the vase
2) - The second puzzle of the blocks to get the Cartouche Piece 1 and also having to put it...

make me crazy the second one in livestream...

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 15 Jul 2019 04:44

Phil you're a brave man. I tried to solve the vase block for three hours.
Then my ISP disconnected me and I spent the fourth hour offline.
I still have no clue how to do it, I may give up and watch the video...
woof

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 16 Jul 2019 03:47

So many pushblocks, so little time...

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 18 Jul 2019 17:26

I've finally completed the pushblock exercise, following step by step the solution in Doggett TV's video and trying to make it as clear as I can. I still have half the level to play, however, so I'm posting below the solution for the correction of any errors or suggestions for better clarity.

Prepare yourself for a pushblock exercise extraordinaire. Hop down into the pit and move the block next to the one in the the SE corner over into the NE corner (#1). Pull the block in the SE corner (#2) two times W and move it three times N against the wall. Get up on block #2 and push block #3 once E onto block #1. Hop down and pull the block next to the one in the SW corner two times E next to the stationary block (#4). Move the block in the SW corner (#5) three times into the NW corner and two times E against the N side of the stationary block.

Get up on block #4 and move block #6 once N and two times E onto another stationary block against the N wall. Go to the entrance ledge and move the urn in the NE corner three times W onto block #6.

Get down to the floor and push block #4 three times E against the wall. Pull block #2 once from the N wall and move it two times E to the wall. Move block #3 in the NE corner two times S onto block #4. Hop down, go W around the stationary block and push block #5 one time E. Go around to the E wall and pull block #2 one time W and one time S. Pull block #5 two times S to form a bridge. Get up onto the bridge and pull block #3 one time W.

Hop down to the floor and push block #4 (against the E wall) one time N, go all the way around and pull it one time W. Turn right and push block #5 one time S and one time E. Get up onto block #5 and push block #3 one time N. To keep your brain from becoming numb I'll now try to refrain from referring to the blocks by number except where necessary or for the sake of clarity.

Hop down and pull one of the two loose blocks (not the one against the S wall) three times W and two times N. Move the other loose block all the way into the NW corner. Go to block #1 in the NE corner and move it against the S side of the free-standing stationary block. Get up onto the NW bridge and move the new block #7 two times E. Hop down and pull the block in the NW corner two times S. Move block #1 (to your right) clockwise two times around the stationary block (against its W side). Turn left and pull the block against the W wall one time E. Get up onto this block and pull the higher block one time S. Move the block you're now standing on counterclockwise around the stationary block (against its E side).

There are now three upper blocks. Pull the W one onto the stationary block. Hop down left and move the lower block from the W side of the stationary block to its S side (one time S and one time E). Move the central pushblock (the one between the two stationary blocks) two times S and one time W to form a bridge. Get up onto the bridge and pull the upper block one time S. Hop down and move the only block against the S wall one time E, one time N and one time E. Go around to the NW corner. Push the free-standing block two times E, go around and pull it two times S.

Hop up onto the bridge and move the W block two times E. Climb up higher and pull the urn one time S. Hop down onto the bridge and move what is now the SE upper block two times W. Hop to the floor and move the central block one time S and one time W. Get up onto this block and push the upper block one time N. Hop down left and move the block you were just now standing on one time E and two times N. Turn around and move the free-standing block against the S wall one time W, three times N and one time E. Hop onto this block, run forward and pull back the E upper block one time W. Hop back onto the floor and move the lower block around the stationary block one time W, two times S, two times E and one time N.

Turn to your right and pull this block one time W. Get up onto it, turn left and pull the N block one time S to form a bridge for the urn. Get up onto the bridge and move the urn two times W. Get down to the floor and move the lower block against the N wall in a counterclockwise direction to the S wall so that it forms a bridge with the adjacent block. Get up onto this bridge and move the upper block two times S. Hop down to the floor and move the only available lower mobile block two times W, one time S and one time E. Go around and move the central block (the one between the two stationary blocks) one time S, two times W and one time S to form a bridge. Get up onto this bridge and move the upper block two times W.

Get down to the floor and move the E block of this bridge around into the SW corner. Get up onto the bridge and push the upper block into the SW corner. Get down to the floor and move the middle block of this bridge three times N, one time W and one time S. Move the free-standing block against the S wall one time W, one time N and one time W to form a new bridge. Get up onto this bridge and move the upper block two times N. Hop down and pull both bridge blocks four times E to form a new bridge on the other side of the pit. Get up onto this bridge and move the upper block two times S.

We're done with this bridge, so it's time to make a new one. Hop down and move the middle block of this bridge one time W and one time S. Loop around left and move the free-standing block one time W, one time S, two times W, one time S and one time E. Get up onto this new bridge and move the upper block two times W. Get down and move the leftmost block around to the other side of this bridge (one time N, three times W and one time S). Get up onto this bridge and push the upper block one time W.

Get down to the floor and move the leftmost block of this bridge one time N, two times W and one time S. Move the other block of the same bridge one time E, one time N and two times W. Get up onto this block, turn left and move the upper block two times N to form a new bridge for the urn.

Move the urn onto the W ledge and through the opening into the next room.

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 18 Jul 2019 18:51

I hope the blocks are numbered :|

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 19 Jul 2019 02:59

Sorry, no, but this should not be an insurmountable problem for those who stay on task.

Here's the solution for the pushblock exercise to obtain the second cartouche piece, combine and place it, and exit. I'd appreciate it if someone would go behind me and point out any errors or ambiguities.

Elaborate Pushblock Exercise

Pull out and go through the N opening, hop onto the block and note the pushblock at the end of the short W passage. Pull up onto the ramp and run up to the familar bridge. Drop or climb down left and go through the S opening. Drop down into the passage and find the pushblock at the end. Push it one time S and one time E. Ignore for now the revealed pushblock #2 to your left. Follow the passage around to pushblock #3 and pull it back one time. Exit this area N and pull out to the room with the translucent pyramid.

Climb the NE ladder, turn right and run S across the bridge, down the ramp and into the sand-filled passage. Enter the W side passage to find that you can now push the block forward. Do so and turn left to push the next block to access the area described in the previous paragraph. Enter the SW passage and push the block at the end as far as it will go (ignoring for now the revealed pushblock on your right). Reverse roll and exit this area to the sand-filled passage. Climb the block, pull up onto the ramp and repeat your trip to the lower passage next to the room with the translucent pyramid.

Push block #2 (the one to your left in the SW corner) one time. Reverse roll and exit this area to the previous room, climb the NE ladder and make your way back to the W opening in the sand-filled passage. Go to the end of the SW passage and push the block one time W to open up a passage on your right. But go back NE and pull the NW block one time E (blocking the passage from this side). Reverse roll and make the same trip as before down to that lower passage. Make your way SE through the cleared passageway until you reach a dead end with three pushblocks bunched together. Push the leftmost one N one time.

Reverse roll, loop around right and pull the block in the E alcove back two times. Loop around left to the previous area and continue around until you reach a dead end. Push the block there one time W and two times N. Reverse roll and run S to a corner block. Turn right and push this block one time W. Hop back twice, side flip right twice and pull this block one time E and push it two times S. Reverse roll and loop around right until you reach another dead end with a pushblock. Push it one time W to reveal a passage, go a bit right and into the W alcove, pull this block two times E and push it one time S. Turn right into the revealed W passage and follow to a plinth with CARTOUCHE PIECE 1 (SECRET #7 appears in your stats).

Place the Cartouche and Exit

Now you've got to find the cartouche receptacle, so there are more blocks to push and pull. Reverse roll and return to the nearest pushblock. Pull it one time N and push it two times E into the plinth passage. Reverse roll, loop around right and pull the next block one time E. Turn left and loop all the way around left until you reach a dead end. Enter the S alcove, pull the block two times N and push it one time W. Enter the passage to your left, turn right at the wall and pull the block two times E. Turn left and follow the passage counterclockwise to a dead end.

Pull the S block one time N, reverse your steps and go around clockwise until you reach a block in the N wall (around the middle of a fairly long hallway). Push it three times N, reverse roll and loop around right to the W block. Pull it three times E, turn left and loop around left all the way to the S block. Pull it N one time, loop around right in the other direction and follow to a receptacle. Combine the two Cartouche Pieces and place the LOAD with no discernible fanfare.

And now you've got to find a way out of here, which of course necessitates the pushing and pulling of more blocks. Go all the way back along the winding passage until you reach a dead end with three pushblocks. Push the S block once, reverse roll and head in the other direction to a dead end. Push the block three times N, reverse roll and go S, then left and pull the N block three times S. Turn right and follow the passage around to a dead end. Push the S block one time S, go around the passage in the other direction and at the dead end push the block one time W.

Turn right and run to the N block in the alcove. Pull it three times S, reverse roll and loop all the way around left until you reach the exit block N. Pull out into the room with the translucent pyramid.