Moderators: Tinka, Phil

Phil
Mod
Mod

Re: Pending Walkthrough Projects, thread #4

Post by Phil » 22 Jun 2018 17:31

Tolle87 wrote:
22 Jun 2018 17:22
Watching authentic playing experience (followed by verbal reactions) is priceless for the builders as a feedback.
If it helps you, as a builder, to watch someone stumble blindly about while babbling incoherently, that's fine. But from the perspective of a player seeking guidance in getting through a specific level, I have better things to do with my time.

Tolle87

Post by Tolle87 » 22 Jun 2018 18:22

EDIT: Now I see that you made some changes to your post above, so I removed most of my own accordingly. I have nothing to add except to agree with your revised comments.
A man who introduced me to Lara back in 1996, more than a friend, my second father....
Dusan "Dule" Petrovic (1965-2018)

TheBoo

Post by TheBoo » 23 Jun 2018 22:02

Someone commented the B2B walkthroughs are written....I see they are all posted except Renaissance. Someone is still working on it, I hope? The possibility of multiple endings is quite interesting, I'd like to see what I have missed.

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 24 Jun 2018 07:38

The builder of the level wanted to do the walk to best describe the 2 endings, I had word it is on its way now. So possibly tomorrow

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 24 Jun 2018 17:46

Now posted.

SuzanneJack
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by SuzanneJack » 25 Jun 2018 19:53

Still not posted!

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 25 Jun 2018 20:54

It is in this forum (scroll down in the main Walkthrough Forum screen). In fact, you now have two choices for your reading pleasure.

Nina Croft
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Nina Croft » 27 Jun 2018 02:03

A piece of information for all members who are interested in writing the walkthrough for Dark City Part 2 Demo... The builder has only one condition: no text-form or video walkthroughs before the official walkthrough is released (two weeks from now). After the official walkthrough is released, you can add as many walkies you want, in any form or on any portal, blog or site you want. The reason for that is the fact that the game has a complex and multi-layer reward system and also, due to many side quests and many playthrough possibilities, every player will play this game in his/her own way, which requires a special walktrough. Lima has special requirements for the walkthrough, and I've already managed to write a walkie that he likes (finally, phew!) :)

Of course, the players can make short videos where they show a jump sequence or a small part of the level, but please, no video walkthroughs )or text walkthroughs) of entire levels before the official walkthrough is released.

Thanks in advance for your understanding!
Anything you can buy with money is cheap (Remarque)...

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 30 Jun 2018 20:12

Walkthrough writers will surely comply to these wishes, but what I feared already...
Mr blabbermouth...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8BqTzV ... ture=share

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 30 Jun 2018 21:25

I think the Babbler is oblivious to this site. He does his own thing in his own little world and doesn't care what anyone else thinks.

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 04 Jul 2018 09:33

Vimmers Hansen
for 1 dag siden
sorry i have to ask why do you record before you know what to do
lo siento, tengo que preguntar por qué grabas antes de saber qué hacer

adrielvicio
adrielvicio
for 23 timer siden (redigeret)
Sencillamente es mi forma de hacerlo ,y me gusta sorprenderme con lo que va a pasar, no tenerlo todo mascado, y además si perdiera el tiempo practicando te garantizo que no podría grabar ni la mitad de lo que grabo. Además, como habrás podido comprobar ya existe gente que hace los niveles del tirón , sin errores, sin atascos, a mí también me gusta que me veáis cuando fallo un salto por ejemplo, cuando me mata un enemigo, me gusta que veáis esa faceta humana en mi , que no sintáis que soy perfecto realizando las maniobras, que cometo errores, que viváis conmigo la experiencia de un nivel , tanto si esta es fluida como sino. Si no te gusta esta forma de jugar lo lamento, no hace falta que veas los vídeos y ni siquiera que te disculpes, estás en todo tu derecho de que no te guste un contenido de una persona y entenderé perfectamente que no te guste mi forma de jugar. Gracias por el comentario, me alegro de que me lo hayas hecho de forma constructiva :)
It is simply my way of doing it, and I like to be surprised with what is going to happen, not having everything chewed up, and also if I lost the time practicing I guarantee that I could not record half of what I recorded. Also, as you can see there are already people who make the levels of the pull, without errors, without traffic jams, I also like that you see me when I fail a jump for example, when an enemy kills me, I like that you see that human facet in me, that you do not feel that I am perfect performing the maneuvers, that I make mistakes, that you live with me the experience of a level, whether it is fluid or not. If you do not like this way of playing I regret it, you do not need to see the videos and not even that you apologize, you are in all your right that you do not like a content of a person and I will understand perfectly that you do not like my way of to play. Thanks for the comment, I'm glad you did it to me in a constructive way :)

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 04 Jul 2018 09:52

...edited.. (sorry, I thought they were labelled as walkthroughs, my mistake then)

Walk for Rufierto's Back to the Pacific -Dutchy's Rescue is already done while testing (thought the level would be out here today...) It's almost there
Last edited by Dutchy on 04 Jul 2018 21:02, edited 2 times in total.

Tolle87

Post by Tolle87 » 04 Jul 2018 13:18

Like I already said - Adrian is not doing the walkthroughs and he doesn't label his videos as such. He is doing live streams on Twitch and later he uploads them on youtube. TRLE Twitch community is huge and many people are doing so-called "blind-playthroughs" (including Dj_full, AgentXP and many more TRLE members).
A man who introduced me to Lara back in 1996, more than a friend, my second father....
Dusan "Dule" Petrovic (1965-2018)

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 09 Jul 2018 12:41

I twitch every time I force myself to watch someone stumbling in a clueless manner through a level, jabbering to himself as he makes one wrong turn after another.

We have somewhat of a backlog at the moment, so I'll start on The Lost Trident.

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 09 Jul 2018 16:28

Almost done here revising Ice Age 2, I'll take one of the leftovers tomorrow..