pending walkthroughs/walkthrough small talk

Moderators: Tinka, Phil

Sutekh

Wishlist and Index

Post by Sutekh » 28 Nov 2005 14:54

You can use the search engine on the site to find a walkthrough:

Search

How to find a walkthrough using said search:
When you are looking for a walkthrough of a given level, let's say: "City of Kupar" then type in "Kupar" next to "levelname" (or you can also type in the whole levelname) and then hit the search button. Just click on the walkthru button now, and voilà!

Or, you can simply look for the level using the index below, and click on its name.

See next post for the Wishlist :)
Last edited by Sutekh on 29 Jan 2006 08:29, edited 14 times in total.
I'm not lost. I'm locationally challenged.

Sutekh

Post by Sutekh » 09 Mar 2006 09:39

And now... without further ado...

The Wishlist

Levels are sorted by rating, descending order.
I'm not lost. I'm locationally challenged.

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 29 Nov 2008 22:58

Bump up post.

Rhoda

Re: Wishlist and Index

Post by Rhoda » 14 Jan 2009 13:14

rhoda what i don't like is when you down load a walkthrough because the maps' and screenshot's are invisable so you can't see them sadly sometime you mess them. soooo what i like to see is everything right there on screen soo you can see everything BUT the walkthrough's are really really good :)

Jenni

Post by Jenni » 28 Jan 2009 18:31

Rhoda wrote:rhoda what i don't like is when you down load a walkthrough because the maps' and screenshot's are invisable so you can't see them sadly sometime you mess them. soooo what i like to see is everything right there on screen soo you can see everything BUT the walkthrough's are really really good :)
Huh? :dunno:

Moonpooka
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Moonpooka » 28 Jan 2009 22:26

If you save the walkthrough page as a "web page", or in "office word", the screenie links will still be clickable.. screenshot links are always in a different colour to the rest of the text so they are easily visable. Saving in "note pad" tho will lose the links. I guess that's what was meant :dunno:

I don't know if adding a lot of image screens to a walkie would be a good idea when the site like this one has so many walkthroughs to host. Especially when there are a series of screenies to show a particular jump sequence, and in some cases, a video. Plus, i think it looks untidy to have screenshots dotted about all over the page, even if they are in thumbnails.
We want the finest wines available to humanity, we want them here and we want them now!

snork
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by snork » 28 Jan 2009 22:57

I thought it was about Rhoda saving walkthroughs with pictures in her browsers default way, ending up with "walkthrough.htm" and a folder of the name "walkthriough files", containinng the pictures and such.
Windows /WindowsExlorer imo act strange with these kind of saved webpages. Some Actions with the "walkthrough.htm" will affect the folder too and some not (cut, copy, rename etc.,) I often ended up with the connection from the .htm file to its pictures lost, and it was a real mess - that's the word in rhoda's post that made me think of this. :lol:

... until I learned to save into single-file. In Opera it is : Save as -> "web archive (single file)." I can move those around as I wish and everything is still in place.
Thou shall not mess with Lara's resting animation. NEVER. EVER!

Jenni

Post by Jenni » 28 Jan 2009 22:58

Oh I see - I've never d/led a walk before to review later.

Why not save the walk to your favourites in your browser Rhoda - then you have quick and instant access to it without the mess ;)

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 18 Jul 2013 23:06

Index updated September 4, 2014 through 2779.

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 24 Jun 2014 01:11

The links for all screenshots and maps in the walkthrough for UB3-Plain of Jars by Richard Lawther are broken/dead. It would be nice if trle.net hosted these images rather than the current haphazard fashion for the walkthroughs by the original level's author or reviewers who will not maintain them indefinitely.

Regarding downloading/saving walkthroughs: If the maps/images are embedded in the source code of the walkthrough rather than as links to stored files on servers then they will not store properly in the saved webpage in IE for later browsing in IE, Word, etc. The links will save as mentioned in earlier posts, but as I stated above if the links are broken then they are just as useless. If the webpage with embedded code maps/images is saved directly as a clipboard copy to Microsoft Word then the embedded maps/images often save, but they will not save if the File Save feature in IE is used whether it be for HTML or MHTML.

There are many reasons for saving these walkthrough pages so they can be viewed when NOT connected to the internet!

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 29 Jun 2014 09:46

Not all of us are wizards on computers we do the best we can, lately Michael puts our saves/screens folders on the trle.net server. Would be a ton of work to go over all older walks and do the same.

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 06 Apr 2015 19:14

Index updated July 21, 2017 through 2986.