Walkthrough Small Talk

pending walkthroughs/walkthrough small talk

Moderators: Tinka, Phil

manarch2
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: Walkthrough Small Talk

Post by manarch2 » 09 Mar 2011 18:11

:D :D I really think this score can be reached, e.g. when one writes two walkthroughs for a multi-level game, like Curse of Winter ... :)

Mytly
Keen Eye of the Week
Keen Eye of the Week

Post by Mytly » 09 Mar 2011 18:11

A very tiny but rather regrettable typo that needs to be corrected: In the walkthrough for Harbor of Ocean Level3 by AlesJPN, the level called 'The Hall Of Time' is unfortunately listed as 'The Hell Of Time'. :wink:

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 09 Mar 2011 19:00

I remember playing that level, and getting through the rolling boulder room certainly was hell for me. Maybe it's not a typo after all.

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 10 Mar 2011 12:33

i found a faster way in South Pacific Contest - Blood Mountain
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25566
rgs vimmers
hit f5 often in the forum

Scottie
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Scottie » 10 May 2011 18:23

Hi :D

I'm currently playing Legacy of the Gods by Jedi Master. The following can be read in the WT:

"Legacy of the Gods-Chapter 5/Part 2

The Small Lava Room.

Enter the gate and shoot a Lavabird, go stand on the L side of the entrance, look L and see the ledge with the plant, runjmp to it and dive into the red water hole (yep, not deadly at all!) swim to Secret #24, Goodies, look behind the pedestal where you pick up the Uzi Ammo for a switch, pull it and music sounds, (it lowers a wall to access the second secret later on), swim back and from the hole, runjmp aiming for the corner of the red pillar nearest to the ledge in the lava (this way you can just run over the small ledge along the pillar) and this is the only way to get back to that low ledge."

This is not quite right. There is still an other way to get back. Look at this Video :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FXSWLExCng

Maybe you can mention it in the WT (or not, if it's not so important :wink: )
Resistance is futile

Doro

Post by Doro » 17 May 2011 09:29

Hello manarch2,
thank you so much for writing this great and detailed walkthrough for my level "A little Help for some Friends!" :2thumbsup: What an enormous piece of good work!
Can I ask you to make a few changes in it for me?

At the beginning, could you please add the "mission" of the game?
Your mission, if you are ready to accept it, would be: Please help every friend of Lara, to reach their destiny and meet their girl friends. And please don’t shoot at any living being!
I saw that you did not mention the intended main task of the game - to lure the red whale through all of the rooms to the outside to meet the blue whale. (And before this, to help the 2 tiger boys to meet the 2 tiger girls. And at the end, the man is no guide, but a friend who wants to reach his girl friend's house.)
I am aware of the fact that many players don't care about any author's intention, as long as they can open every door and reach the finish trigger as fast as possible. But it would be very nice, if this my intention could at least be considered in the walkthrough. :)

In the first paragraph:" ... (thanks, dmdibl)..". Too bad that you did not see how vimmers pointed out what the readme really said, other than dmdibl's interpretation of it.
Don’t go on the tigers’ path or they attack, but of course you can kill them if you want.
NO!!!! :bigcry:
... and jump over the fires in the right moment.
No - instead use the slope at the left to grab the ceiling ladder to get over the slope.
... backflip onto the breakable tiles and run towards the pillar with the lever.
You can use the marked climbable wall to either backflip to the slope behind it or drop on the left tile to side flip on to the column with the lever.
...(you can shoot the wall left hand and lure the tigers in)..
Actually, this is the intention, to have the 4 tigers meet each other. I set the well-known Tomb Raider music here to emphasize this.
...use the wheel switch to open the door in the last room’s pool, get back there and swim through the long passage.
Don't forget to urge the red whale to follow you through the next rooms.
... from there jump to the left platform with a Gift and a health crystal. Get down and...
No, instead slide down the slope and jump with a left curve into the entrance, between the 2 fires. If you don't want to make the long tour over the columns on the left side, you can just
... climb up the central ledge and jump to the corner ledge, climb the right slope, shimmy far left as possible and climb, then jump with a mid-air turn and a right curve to the ledge.
Don't bother with the right slope, just grab the ledge below the fire and shimmy left and pull up between the fires.
...central structure, find a health crystal and use the two wheel switches to open a door in the pool,...
The wheel switches open 2 doors. Behind the first one the whale is theoretically waiting. But actually he was getting bored after a while and swam back to his starting room. So, I am afraid, you will have to go back there too and invite him again to follow you. :wink:
... dive in there and use the underwater lever.
To prevent that the whale is sneaking out again.
...jump on the slope with the railing,...
These 2 grids are meant to be shot. But I am afraid that you can get on to the slopes without shooting them.
:blush:
Swim outside again...
And you and the red whale please say hello to the blue whale.
In the room with the rolling blades:
... there are two trigger tiles on the pillars, one activates the blades, one deactivates – first activate them and then deactivate them when they aren’t on the floor...
Actually it does not matter at what time you deactivate the blades, because they won't stop in the middle of a room but always roll to the next wall and stop then. However, your version of this part is more interesting to play. :)
... to release your guide again, follow him out and while approaching the house the level ends.
The guide is a friend. If you want, you can swim into the front canal. This will activate the friend again and he will then run into the house. From the ledge with the trees you can then watch the couple dancing around in the corridor.

Thank you, if you could be so kind to consider all these things. :angel:
Best wishes
Doro

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 17 May 2011 15:07

I'm in the early stages of this level, so with the permission of the builder and the walkthrough writer I'll incorporate the above points (as best I understand them) into the walkthrough as I play and then send my revisions to the builder for review.

manarch2
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by manarch2 » 17 May 2011 19:00

Of course, you get my permission! :)

Doro

Post by Doro » 18 May 2011 18:59

Thank you very, very much, Phil Lambeth and manarch2! :angel:

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 20 May 2011 18:03

Seems our builders have managed to fool the WT counter. We've just reached the amount of submitted levels allowing us to see 100.0% WTs on main page even with 1 walkthru missing.
MAKE WIDESHOT GREAT AGAIN

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 20 May 2011 18:59

Maybe they're counting walkthroughs written (Alcatraz) but not yet posted.

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 20 May 2011 19:48

Can be.

manarch2
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by manarch2 » 21 May 2011 08:11

Or the walkthrough percentage is 99,99958 and it gets rounded to 100,0...

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 22 May 2011 10:55

You meant 99,95969367190649? How is it, does the counter count a level made by multiple builders as one level or as many levels?

manarch2
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by manarch2 » 23 May 2011 16:39

Well, the multiple builder levels, I think, are only listed once because you can compare the WT's with released levels and they are slightly less much.