Walkthrough Small Talk

pending walkthroughs/walkthrough small talk

Moderators: Tinka, Phil

Treeble
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Treeble » 01 Nov 2008 00:23

Just thought I'd let you know, the story text file included with Pyramid of Cheops feature an walkthrough. I'm quoting it here:

The Pyramide of Cheops- Part 1

At first kill the NINJA-FIGHTER who attacks you at the beginning and pick up a SMALL MEDIPACK he leaves behind.
Turn right and run forward to the switch. Before you arrive a little camera sequence is triggered and shows you a water- filled hole on the floor.
Watch out for three NINJA-FIGHTERS who want to kill you. Kill them before they do this with you and pick up the useful things they lose. Don't jump into the small hole
before the "huge" pyramide because of spikes! Jump into the water far behind the pyramide and swim over the marked golden field to deactivate the spikes in the hole before the pyramide.
Now you can jump into this hole and you see the top of the pyramide burning. Go out of this camera engine with the arrow keys moving Lara and watch out for two deadly "spike balls".
Well, you have finished this really short level, but I didn't add a trigger for the next level because of technical problems I had in the past, I'm sorry. Go to the main menue of the game and choose "The Pyramide of Cheops- Part 2".

The Pyramide of Cheops- Part 2

After the level is loaded immediately press jump and forward until Lara jumps. So you can get sure that the camera sequence ends and doesn't start again and again... .
Run to the end of the way and turn right. Pull the switch to open one of the three doors in the following room.
Go through the door and climb up the ladder. If you climb over the face of the pharao make a back flip. A large door opens. Turn around and kill the NINJA-FIGHTER, he leaves behind a SHOTGUN.
Run over one of the bright corners to deactivate the flame before the switch in the middle of the room and pull it. A camera sequence opens a door high above. Jump during the sequence backwards if you don't want to repeat it.
Now turn left and climb about three blocks to get to the three flying platforms above. Run and jump to the door on the other side. Place Lara with sight to the open door and go through it. While going a further camera sequence appears and shows
how the second door in the beginning room opens. Pick up the MEDIPACKS, the SHOTGUN AMMUNITION and the EYE PIECE (SECRET) and press Ctrl. and bachwards to get about the camera sequence and grab the edge of the platform. Shimmy around the left corner and go
back to the three blocks to climb down. Go back to the place where you jumped from the ladder and turn right to look for a hole in the floor. Let Lara fall through it and she lands into a pool. Dive to one of the corners and pick up a SMALL and a LARGE MEDIPACK.
This opens the third long door in the beginning room. Get out of the pool and climb over a big stair. Jump slanting (=schräg) on the left through the passage and climb up the wall. Kill the NINJA-FIGHTER and go through the wide passage behind the long door. You get to an empty
pool with a big stair in it. Run around this pool and pull the switch on the other side to fill the pool and pull down the stair. Jump into the water and pick up the second EYE PIECE in one of the corners. Get out of the pool and go through the passage on the left near the switch.
You stand on a big platform over an abyss. On two corners of the platform you see two further platforms with spikes. Jump at the right platform, from there slanting at the left platform and then slanting through the passage. Get carefully through three spike traps and kill a NINJA-FIGHTER.
You can't kill the two MUMMYS, but throw them on the floor with the shotgun. If they are lying run to the room with the green walls and combine the EYE PIECES to the EYE OF HORUS. Place it on the large door to open it. Climb over the two stairs and jump on the shimmy ladder on the ceiling.
Shimmy until you see a flame on one of the large blocks. Let Lara fall on the block before the burning block and climb down (but watch out- between the blocks there is fire, too!) Go through the passage on the other side and watch a camera sequence. Press again jump and forward to get out of the sequence's trigger
and stay standing until the sequence ends. In this room you see four blocks with flames you can't climb on and a "sarcophagus" with the well- kmown "Seth- figure" in the middle of the room. Near the head and the feet of Seth you notice a "burning" star and a switch. Pull the switch to deactivate the flame and pick
up the star called THE HAND OF ORION. I'm sorry that you don't use this artifact in this level. Leave this room through a big exit. Run as fast as you can through this room, because of an earthquake and falling stones. At the end of the room a camera shows a car standing in a room which you can enter through the passage on the right.
Move Lara out of this camera engine and run to the white car. Congratulations, you have finished this level, too, but I haven't added a trigger for the title sequence!

Treeble
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Re: Walkthrough Small Talk

Post by Treeble » 20 Jan 2009 00:40

Here's a little tidbit of info for the location of a secret in Cliff Tomb at Akhetaton, maybe it would be of interest to ammend to the walkthrough (and hopefully I'm posting on the correct place): :)

On the last level, the location of Secret #8 (which is actually Secret #7) is indeed in the room with the two dragons. At the top of that room, right behind the dragons, there is a row of shatterable vases. You have to use the rocket launcher and fire while one of the dragons is right up there, so the explosion radius can hit the vases (I never found a lasersight in the levels, not sure if there was one) and open the doors opposite the dragons, which lead you back to the fountain at the beginning and an open path to the left with three HK ammo clips.

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 20 Jan 2009 01:23

Thanks, I'll bring this to Tinka's attention.

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 16 Mar 2009 00:41

Calling Harry Laudie:

The following issue has been brought to our attention:

In the walkthrough of the level "Arctic Discovery" made by Timo Turunen, the third image is missing. Could you please check up the link?

According to Michael: "The pics have been hosted at imageshack and looks like the third one has gone missing. If Harry still has it, we can put all three pics on our server instead to avoid this from happening in the future. Just email me the missing pic (if available) and I will take care of the rest."

Harry, if you get this message, and if you still have the image that's now missing, please either post it here or send it (along with the other two, if available) to me for forwarding to Michael. Thanks!

Harry

Post by Harry » 19 Mar 2009 00:03

I have the pictures but cannot post them here in the forum. Or I cannot determine how to post them. It must be like adding a screenshot. How are they posted. I will think of something. Home email program is still broken.

I check TRLE and LarasLevelbase about once a week to download new files that I do not have time to play right now. Never volunteer to do a two man-year job in six months. It`s a killer of free time.

MichaelP
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by MichaelP » 20 Mar 2009 16:15

Pictures received (via Harry and Phil) and walkthrough now updated and 'whole' again :)

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 12 Apr 2009 08:56

a kind of helpsome bug in this level
http://www.trle.net/walk/747.htm
level 2 The Lost Temple in Pompeii
At the end hoist up into the crawlspace, walk into the room and push the pillar aside to crawl in W. Push the button and crawl out and jump on the block. Climb up, quickly grab the Silver Key and jump down so you don’t need to shoot the skeletons.
i pushed the pillar back and get over to the crawlspace then bu accident i used the ctrlkey
and she grabbed the key

Anna27
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Anna27 » 12 Jun 2009 22:25

1000 Under Feet.
Last level "Skull cave"
Go through the crawl space and emerge on a high ledge overlooking Skull Cave. Climb down the long ladder, follow the lower ledge (shimmying past the breaktiles, if you wish), turn the corner and continue following the ledge all the way to the W wall in the same manner as described earlier. Climb the ladder in the W wall, shift left and drop down onto the higher ledge, and make your way E until you can jump down onto the large platform. Let's now take care of some important unfinished business that probably could have been handled earlier. Turn right into the arched doorway and return to a familiar room.
I found easier way. Just after entering from crawl space to Skull Cave, turn to your right and see large platform. Run, jump and grab nearest ledge. Then cross bridge and enter into arched doorway.

Anna27
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Anna27 » 28 Jun 2009 13:42

I noticed that some person write careless solutions. Because of this I often stucked. For example solution by Dutchy - Egyptian Mythology 5: "Stand with your back to the trapdoor and jump back till you can grab the edge of the trapdoor and drop into the water of the 3rd room. Swim back to the 1st room and get into the bluish door to place the Pharos pillar." I couldn't find any opened bluish door. So I checked solution by OBig which was translated by Petunia. And what is it showed? Dutchy didn't mentioned that, first we must swim to narrow passage and pull underwater lever. I have nothing to all yours solutions, but do it at least right.

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 02 Jul 2009 12:05

Sorry I've got you into trouble Anna, I always try to give the shortest route through a level, meaning not visiting back to where we were before.

At the start of the level you have to run into the water for a Wraith, in that water are 2 tunnels, both mentioned by me: 2 Fire Dragons are waiting for you at the ground floor so run straight into the water in front of you, avoiding them. Look for 2 tunnels and swim into both to get a MP and pull a lever, which will open another door.
That door is the one you had to open later by returning to the start of the level. I opened it up already because I was there anyway :bandana:

Anna27
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Anna27 » 12 Aug 2009 17:42

Anna, please, do not get offended and not leave to write walkthroughs. We need you. Insurance than with some goodwill for part of wholes this situation will not become repeat.
I didn't stop writing solutions. I still working at Akakor The City of gold, but I stuck in one place and nobody know how to pass it.

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 20 Aug 2009 16:38

It makes sense from time to time to repeat the few guidelines under which we operate here in the walkthrough department.

All who are interested are encouraged to write and submit a walkthrough for any level not already represented by one. (On rare occasions, however, someone may want to write and submit a more detailed walkthrough than the one already posted--which may be little more than an outline. I've done this myself more than once. In such cases the newer walkthrough is simply pasted behind the existing one.)

Walkthroughs should be sent to me via PM or e-mail for posting. Those received by Michael or Tinka are simply forwarded to me, so to save time you may as well send them to me in the first place. Walkthroughs are generally not posted until 14 days after the level was released (to afford a reasonable time for give and take in the stuck threads), so walkthroughs submitted before then will simply be "parked" for the necessary time.

If you wish to "reserve" walkthrough rights, you should either let me know you're working on a particular level (and I'll make the appropriate announcement) or you should make your intentions known with a post in the Pending Walkthrough Projects thread. Such rights are good for 30 days, as it's not fair either to gamers or other walkthrough writers to reserve a level and then sit on it indefinitely. After 30 days the level is again up for grabs.

We have found that the above simple guidelines work fairly well in practice. However, we're always open to suggestions for improvement.

EDIT: Regarding the post below, I've sent a PM to Clara, and I've also sent e-mails to Selene. This is indeed an unfortunate situation, and I'll do what I can to make things right.

Clara

Post by Clara » 20 Aug 2009 17:15

I've noticed that a walkthrough for "Lara Croft: I am legend" has been released today by Araelfi. I'm wondering what happened to Selene's walkthrough.... Don't get me wrong - Araelfi's one is very good, but Selene was very busy writing (and finished it about two weeks ago). It must have been hard work since her walkthrough is extremely detailed. :anxious:

Anna27
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Anna27 » 21 Sep 2009 16:32

I found one secret in Tomb Raider A, level 5 Techno Egyptians Portal. This one was not mentioned in solution, I think because of cleverly hidden.
So here it is, how to get it.
When you will be inside the egg, in room with colourful lines, go to upper room, and to the legde E behing big pillar. Stand at the left site at narrow gap, and look for yellow legde. Run and jump trough gap and you'll find a secret. Simply run and jump back to room.

Dutchy
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Dutchy » 22 Sep 2009 18:28

What was the secret? I found the Secret, "the Master". What was yours called?