TR2 on Windows 7

news/discussions

Moderator: Tinka

OverRaider

TR2 on Windows 7

Post by OverRaider » 01 Feb 2016 10:20

Hi there,

I am trying to run TR 2 on my laptop windows 7 home premium 64-bit ,nvidia geforce intel graphics and apart the annoying black lines/triangles through the screen is all working fine but I just can`t enjoy the game due to this mentioned issue.... I am trying to solve this problem several months and still no solution for me... this is how it looks in-game:

I tried to find a solution on internet and tried everything suggested and recommended like:

-compatibility mode
-patches for windows 7/8/10
-TR2 setup options
-screen resolution
-graphics setup

I also went through this topic on tombraiderforums http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=189521

no... nothing...absolutely no solution :cry:

I am really in doubts that there is any light of the hope here but I still try to find a light in a darkness nevertheless please anybody any suggestions?
Where is no challenge there is a boredom

OverRaider

Re: TR2 on Windows 7

Post by OverRaider » 03 Feb 2016 05:39

Thanks for so many replies, really helpful ones :wink:

Ok, never mind, I noticed that these black lines tend to appear only in places where end of the level far view limit is in sight, so that from left up corner spot to end of the view limit spot... I guess the distance sight limit is 16 squares or something like that? I am quite surprised that there are several (unuseful) patches but nobody has made boost-distance-view-limit patch yet :? Too sad, because that would solve my problem... (I have not really a problem running TR1, TR1 UB, TR3, TR3 TLA, TR4, and TR5 the only problem are TR2 and TR2 Golden Mask)

To admin: I might have used wrong forum for this, could you please move it to technical problem forum? Or maybe completely delete it? thanks :)
Where is no challenge there is a boredom