What enemy did you find most annoying or difficult?

news/discussions

Moderator: Tinka

larabiker301

What enemy did you find most annoying or difficult?

Post by larabiker301 » 05 Aug 2014 16:44

Haha, for me, it was the mummies in Tomb Raider 1 (1996). In every game of the series I always adopted the pistols over any other weapon, but of course, that made it harder on myself. Each encounter took chunks of health away. :)
In your opinion, what was your worst enemy in the Tomb Raider series?
The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up.
-Paul Valery

Alex Chap

Re: What enemy did you find most annoying or difficult?

Post by Alex Chap » 05 Aug 2014 17:34

Hum, for me it was the flamethrower guy from Tomb Raider II. (I never played TR1 on PSX) :)

You have an interest to kill him really fast, if not, you burn and it's dead for you, you can't survive except if you have water, but it's often rare ... :?

snork
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by snork » 05 Aug 2014 20:05

Only knowing TR3 to Chronicles, hm, still difficult to tell.

I never got to killing Willard in TR3, because with all this running in circles, my Lara sooner or later got dizzy and ran into the Lava. 8)
So maybe that counts as most difficult to me.
(maybe nowadays it would be a piece of cake for me. But not back then, oh no.)

One enemy I dread most in custom levels is the TRLR dragon, but in TRLR itself it wasn't really difficult.
Thou shall not mess with Lara's resting animation. NEVER. EVER!

larabiker301

Post by larabiker301 » 06 Aug 2014 16:53

^ Yeah, Willard was pretty difficult. If you haven't acquired the desert eagle, it was mostly tough luck since that was the only weapon quick enough to bring him down for the player to access one of the four crevices which held one of the four artifacts. When I was young, I was too scared to even try and face Willard, though. :?
@Alex - Lol, the flamethrower-wielder goons were definitely the scariest and most dreadful goon out of that game. The builders would place them in the most smallest rooms available then make the player combat them. Even then, they would summon them with other baddies in order to force you take your attention off of the flame guy. And yeah, if there were no bodies of water adjacent to the area you fought them in....
:(
Now that I think about it, Tomb Raider II was pretty scary in terms of outright dread and shock. I just replayed it on my PS3 and boy, was I terrified when I had to drop in areas of pure darkness.
The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up.
-Paul Valery

Nina Croft
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Nina Croft » 23 Aug 2014 14:11

I did not have any problems killing Willard or even those two Centaurs in Anniversary. Yes, they were pretty hard and tricky to kill, BUT NOTHING compared to that nasty Boaz in the Angel of Darkness. To make things even more difficult, you have to play with Kurtis, who moves pretty much like a tank or elephant.... I got killed for a 1000 times there, and even today, I must admit, I still use the savegame available on the net... Completely hopeless for me :-P

Anything you can buy with money is cheap (Remarque)...

justin

Post by justin » 13 Sep 2014 22:20

^Boaz takes the cake (the glitches also played a part in making it annoying) I spent like an hour going in circles around that thing.

On Willard, he was definitely difficult. I, fortunately, cheated with unlimited ammo the first time I played TR3 (with a walkthrough), and the rocket launcher did a quick job on him (4 rockets puts him down each round)

I also had a tough time with the anniversary centaurs, only because it took me a few minutes to figure out what I was supposed to do :lol:
Dark Skies loom...

SlyRaider

Post by SlyRaider » 15 Sep 2014 08:53

I love the flamethrower guy ! And the super the flamethrower guy in TR2 Golden Mask ! Do you remember ? :D

But, for me, Boaz was hard to kill ! Kurtis was difficult to move, but... kill Boaz was a challenge ! :-o
I don't knew we must use the "roll" button to switch targets on Boaz. :roll:

And... I don't like the thralls in TR8, or this ennemy in TR3 ! :angry:
I'm a french fan of the Tomb Raider Saga. I've my own website, my own FB page and my own YT channel.

Alex Chap

Post by Alex Chap » 15 Sep 2014 15:57

Powerful Undead enemies are always the hardest to kill . :)

Nina Croft
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Nina Croft » 17 Sep 2014 11:56

I actually have a friend who killed two Centaurs in Anniversary without using their shield(s) to turn them to stone... Just shooting, sometimes (accidentally) using that Head Shot thing... He told me that he needed two hours of constant shooting to kill them (and an unspecified number of health packs) :lol: A couple of days later I told him: "Hey, you should have used the shields". The answer was: "Now you're telling me... When I broke my joystick and all fingers on both hands" :D

Anything you can buy with money is cheap (Remarque)...

justin

Post by justin » 17 Sep 2014 12:51

Nina Croft wrote:I actually have a friend who killed two Centaurs in Anniversary without using their shield(s) to turn them to stone... Just shooting, sometimes (accidentally) using that Head Shot thing... He told me that he needed two hours of constant shooting to kill them (and an unspecified number of health packs) :lol: A couple of days later I told him: "Hey, you should have used the shields". The answer was: "Now you're telling me... When I broke my joystick and all fingers on both hands" :D
Yeah I almost got to that point before accidentally realizing that I could use a sheild on them :lol:
Dark Skies loom...

High Priestess

Post by High Priestess » 04 Oct 2014 08:11

snork wrote:Only knowing TR3 to Chronicles, hm, still difficult to tell.

I never got to killing Willard in TR3, because with all this running in circles, my Lara sooner or later got dizzy and ran into the Lava. 8)
So maybe that counts as most difficult to me.
(maybe nowadays it would be a piece of cake for me. But not back then, oh no.)

One enemy I dread most in custom levels is the TRLR dragon, but in TRLR itself it wasn't really difficult.
I faced the same difficulties with Willard. I did achieve it one time but patience is not my virtue when it comes to end bosses. I never managed it again. By far the easiest and best for atmosphere had to be TR II where we see Lara return to the manor and get raided in the middle of the night. Not only was that easily achievable but it was a spooky end, running around the grounds in the pitch dark :D

Sadly I never completed AoD because I struggled with Boaz. I would have to re-install that game on my new PC. Last time I played it from the start I couldn't get past that ghost in the room with the four (?) statues yet I had done that bit once before. I must attempt to finish that game - especially because hopefully some forum members may have some saves to offer me. :-P

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 06 Oct 2014 05:30

Locusts and bats are the most annoying. They are not difficult at all, but try to avoid being scratched once :roll: . I think only Akci can do this :D

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 06 Oct 2014 06:42

easy to get rid of locust just save and reload and they disappears
rgs vimmers
hit f5 often in the forum

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 06 Oct 2014 08:05

If You play like the authors intended they don't :)

Dwight

Post by Dwight » 06 Oct 2014 22:53

The Birkosslyksi from TR3... PHEW!!!! That was :annoyed: as hell!
If a condition says it is true, and if a condition claims it is true; the condition IS true." ------ Dwight Clemons