Great news from Square enix & Crystall dynamics

news/discussions

Moderator: Tinka

Alex Chap

Re: Great news from Square enix & Crystall dynamics

Post by Alex Chap » 13 Aug 2014 18:54

@ TOMBR6

Really ? ^^ You know I'm probably not the only one who was lucky to be born with a controller in his hands. I wish I was aware in the 90's, I really have a soft spot for this period, although the 2000's marked me.

My "hard gamer career" has began when I was 7 years old, at this moment I was addicted and I've tried several kind of game.

TOMBR6

Post by TOMBR6 » 13 Aug 2014 21:04

you really lucky, - when i was 7 years old ('81), - only began to appear real, personal computers, and we could only dream to buy them. Video game consoles at the time was not yet - oh, glorious old days ... but we had a personal programmable calculators, and very proud of it. :D Now it's hard to believe :)
do you love tomb raider, how I love it?!

Matie
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Matie » 14 Aug 2014 09:06

Sylwia wrote:I shed a few, real tears today. If they wanna kill Lara, they can do this with respect, not selling her like a w-h-o-r-e! Pretty hard words, but not too hard for this... situation...
I felt the same way, I was pretty much heartbroken too... How can they do such a thing?

As weird as it may sound, TR was more than just a video game for me. I got to know so many people who share the same passion about this game. Whenever I felt down I could play some TR, plan a custom level, think of something TR related, talk to other TR fans, it made me stronger. I've loved Lara Croft for years since I was a child. Everyone knows if I'm truly passionate about one thing, it's Tomb Raider.

Now with this disgusting dirty move they took that away, it feels like a part of me died with all this mess. I was supporting the franchise as much as I could, and they stabbed us in the back, using Lara as a tool of some stupid console war I don't give a crap about. Of course it's all about the money, why care about the fans who always cared about the game? :roll: I was so excited about the sequel, it looks amazing. But they managed to totally kill my enthusiasm. 2 days have passed and I'm not one tiny bit less angry about this.

Now it's confirmed that "the deal has a duration", so eventually the game will probably come out on PC, but the internet will be full of spoilers, and who knows how long we'll have to wait...

OverRaider

Post by OverRaider » 14 Aug 2014 11:53

I personally was 1000xtimes more heartbroken when I was reading that Piega`s Sanctuary of Souls was cancelled or Horus`s Fragments of the Core 2
Where is no challenge there is a boredom

Sylwia
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Sylwia » 14 Aug 2014 15:22

I was so excited about the sequel, it looks amazing. But they managed to totally kill my enthusiasm. 2 days have passed and I'm not one tiny bit less angry about this.

Now it's confirmed that "the deal has a duration", so eventually the game will probably come out on PC, but the internet will be full of spoilers, and who knows how long we'll have to wait...
I have exactly the same feelings. New TR was always some kind of magic to me... This waiting time... screens, gameplays movies, renders, news... Since 90's, where first screens and concepts appears only in computer magazines :D and later, when everything was on internet. But still this time was magic...

And now, they kill this magic :angry: Instead, remained disgust and sorrow... Even if they plan release game later it would be not the same :?

When all this shit came up, I realized in a hard way, what TR means to me... Like you said, it's part of my life too. I'm 28 years old, grown woman and I was crying 2 days ago because of "computer game". And I'm not crazy, just Lara is my long-time friend. And you feel bad when something wrong happens to your friends :( I know... money, market, consoles fight (even if I don't have any...) but for me is not "just a game title"... They shouldn't have rights to mess up with 18 years old series.

MichaelP
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by MichaelP » 14 Aug 2014 19:56

Rise of the Tomb Raider
Message to Our Community
August 12, 2014

Dear Tomb Raider Community,

As you may have seen, we’ve just announced that Rise of the Tomb Raider, coming Holiday 2015, is exclusively on Xbox. We consider all of you to be the lifeblood of Tomb Raider and the work we do at Crystal. I’d like to give you some insight into this decision, and why we feel this is the very best thing for the Tomb Raider sequel we’re creating at the studio.

Tomb Raider in 2013 was a success due in large part to your continued support. Our goal has always been to deliver something truly special with Rise of the Tomb Raider. Today’s announcement with Microsoft is one step to help us put Tomb Raider on top of action adventure gaming. Our friends at Microsoft have always seen huge potential in Tomb Raider and have believed in our vision since our first unveil with them on their stage at E3 2011. We know they will get behind this game more than any support we have had from them in the past - we believe this will be a step to really forging the Tomb Raider brand as one of the biggest in gaming, with the help, belief and backing of a major partner like Microsoft.

This doesn’t mean that we’re walking away from our fans who only play on PlayStation or on PC. Those are great systems, with great partners, and amazing communities. We have Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris coming to those platforms this December, and Tomb Raider: The Definitive Edition is available on PS4.

We know that there are probably many more questions and concerns. Please do send them to us, and we’ll answer to the best of our ability. Meanwhile we're going all out to try and make something truly special - the most ambitious Tomb Raider game ever built.

Thanks,

Darrell Gallagher
Crystal Dynamics Head of Studios

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 14 Aug 2014 22:22

not overly impressed with the damage control effort.
Of doggie candle fame!

Phil
Mod
Mod

Post by Phil » 15 Aug 2014 01:09

Yawn. I've had no interest in the official games since Chronicles. Haven't played a single one of them. I've got plenty of custom levels to choose from right here in our own library, and that suits my needs just fine.

Alex Chap

Post by Alex Chap » 15 Aug 2014 12:52

It sucks, out this new episode only on Xbox when you know that almost all the Tomb Raider came out on Sony consoles ...

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 20 Aug 2014 00:06

Since just the classic Lara counts for me, everything else is a poor spinoff (including the main releases), and whatever Titia comes up with the following years will be much better than whatever our dear bunch of developers can do, I don't care about selling of the new episode as much as about WHO bought the trademark...

BACKUP EVERY SINGLE TR-RELATED FILE. It might suddenly appear all our work belongs to Microsoft. We might need a good lawyer... Phil, where are You? :D
MAKE WIDESHOT GREAT AGAIN

Gerty
Mod
Mod

Post by Gerty » 20 Aug 2014 12:16

I am with Phil on this one.
Did had a look at Anniversary, Legend and even the latest one but nah... not to may taste at all.

I still prefere the custom made ones (even replay some older made ones) and every now and then I have a go at the at #1 to #4. Still haven't finished Chronicles :blush:
Oops, I did it again... Image

MichaelP
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by MichaelP » 23 Aug 2014 12:53

Rise of the Tomb Raider FAQ

1. What does exclusive to Xbox mean?
It means that Rise of the Tomb Raider is coming Holiday 2015 exclusively on Xbox One and Xbox 360.

2. Does the exclusive to Xbox have a duration? Is it timed? How long is the duration? Can we expect a PlayStation 4 or PC release in the future?
Yes, our deal with Microsoft has a duration. We aren’t discussing details of the deal, and are focused on delivering a great game on Xbox One and Xbox 360.

3. Did Crystal Dynamics know about this deal?
Yes, Crystal Dynamics is excited to be partnering with Microsoft to make the best game possible. As Darrell mentioned in his message, we have a long history with Microsoft and they have been a very strong supporter of the franchise. They will help us grow and nurture the Tomb Raider franchise more than ever before.

4. Were the fans considered when making this decision? Are Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix aware of the franchise history with PlayStation and on PC?
Of course. We did not make this decision lightly. Our goal is to build the best game that we possibly can, and our relationship with Microsoft will help us realize our vision for the game.

5. Why didn’t Microsoft, Square Enix or Crystal Dynamics say upfront it was a timed exclusive? Why all the indirect language?
We certainly didn’t intend to cause any confusion with the announcement. The Microsoft GamesCom stage was a great place to make the initial announcement, but not necessarily to go into details.

mugs
Admin
Admin

Post by mugs » 23 Aug 2014 13:41

backpedaling!
Of doggie candle fame!

justin

Post by justin » 10 Sep 2014 15:47

PDLambeth wrote:Yawn. I've had no interest in the official games since Chronicles. Haven't played a single one of them. I've got plenty of custom levels to choose from right here in our own library, and that suits my needs just fine.
Personally, I've played all but Guardian of Light, and loved them.

On a side note, i LOVE the fact that all of my friends who don't play TR have played the reboot. I don't care how weird the new game is. If it sells big, I think it's good for the franchise. For those of us who prefer classic raiding, that's what this beautiful community is for :)
Dark Skies loom...

larabiker301

Post by larabiker301 » 13 Sep 2014 04:06

Wait a minute. I just arrived but please tell me they're not giving the Ps console players the finger? Tomb Raider's been a Sony console platform ever since its debut. You're telling me after all these years...how much a profit are they going to lose? Oh lord.... :|
The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up.
-Paul Valery