Windows 8 and the lost artifact

news/discussions

Moderator: Tinka

TR Trilogy

Windows 8 and the lost artifact

Post by TR Trilogy » 28 Dec 2013 15:33

Gday,Well prior to posting ive been searching online in general about why my disc version of tla is getting to the menu screen and then shutting down due to some hidden reason,also i notice that my xbox pc controller isnt showing on the tla settings screen to set the likes of resolution and sound,this is baffling as all my raiders including the steam version of tr3 that this is based on,work fine on this new system ,ive got the steam and some gog versions of the first 5 games but since its only possible to use the disc versions of the lost artifact and the golden mask thats what im trying to do,i realise that there is download files to apparently use disc less versions of the additional levels i have to admit ive not been successful in trying this and dont fully trust unknown websites,so has anyone had any difficulty with only the lost artifact on a new windows 8 system? I dont know about everyone on here but i find every year about this time i must do some classic raiding in spite of recently getting the xbox one and being a 360 user there always seems to be a big attraction to these great games and now the first game is on ipad i did some last week,its a great port but the touch screen is trickier and sadly nathans fantastic synth tracks are not on it but thats no real surprise given it wasnt on the pc version either! Thanks