news/discussions

Moderator: Tinka

Anna27
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Tomb Raider The Chronicles.

Post by Anna27 » 05 Jan 2011 17:23

Here begin Era of Level Editor.
The story is very different from the others. Nobody knows what's happened to Lara. Her friends tell stories about her unknow adventures. So we can play Lara as teenager or young woman. I liked very much Rome streets, Russian base and submarine, mystery, dark Irland or office in New York. Each story is very interesting, but I like Irland levels the best. In this game, many times, Lara has no weapon and she must defeat enemies in different ways. This second best classic Tomb Raider, after AOD.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: Tomb Raider The Chronicles.

Post by Jorge22 » 05 Jan 2011 17:39

I disagree that AoD is the tops and that Chronicles comes second but an opinion is just an opinion. Anyhow, I also liked Chronicles a lot. I thought it was creative and varied. Unfortunately, just as usual (safe for the current avatar TR games that seem to please so many), everyone started saying it was more of the same, the graphics were outdated, the story made no sense, there were bugs (yes, there were a few, it seems there always are), the game was too short and so forth. A pity, since it led to AoD with its new commands and the end of TR. After that it's history: no more Tomb Raider, just candy eye (for some) graphics and silly little adventures.
"I didn't care, friend. I wasn't there, friend. If it's the price of a pint that you need ask me again."

Anna27
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Anna27 » 05 Jan 2011 20:03

It was my opinion and I'll never change my mind.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 06 Jan 2011 11:01

You're totally entitled to it. I, for instance, prefer TR 2, 3 and 4. All cool. 8)
"I didn't care, friend. I wasn't there, friend. If it's the price of a pint that you need ask me again."

JesseG

Post by JesseG » 07 Jan 2011 06:03

This was probably one of the most creative TRs out there, especially the levels in New York: mastering a target game to get a secret, using the x-ray window, the grapple gun...so many new ideas were thrown about for Lara. It was a shame those levels were also the buggiest. Either way the TRC engine is sure fun to work with when building custom levels :D

The game had great potential, but I guess everyone was too focused on AOD to make this more than a filler with a weird ending. I played AOD first and I was hoping when I played TRC that it would explain why Lara was so mad at Von Croy, but the ending of TRC only seems contradictory to the whole thing. :?

Will Raider

Post by Will Raider » 28 Feb 2011 16:24

TR: Chronicles was awesome! Especially, The Ireland levels. I loved Vladimir Kaleta if thats how you spell his name. Another badass TR villian and spooky too. I loved them all from 1 to AOD!