news/discussions

Moderator: Tinka

avmaster
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Location: Gilching-Argelsried, small Villiage near Munich Germany

Re: Tomb Raider 9

Post by avmaster » 02 Apr 2013 08:18

I am still playing it. Just finished the area where Lara must fight against many opponents. Took me a few hours of practice to kill them all. These guys are really good in killing Lara. To shoot the barrels and cause a detonation does not always work. Better to climb up the roofs and kill them from there where it is safer.
Da Master

ImageImage
Next Octoberfest: Every year next one from 19.09.15 - 04.10.15

Raymee

Post by Raymee » 03 Apr 2013 20:15

Hi everyone,
I have just started playing this one and have to say, it is brilliant. But alas, I am stuck and I don't know if it is due to a bug, or I am doing something wrong. :blank:
I have progressed to the 'Com tower', just after killing the guy with the full metal shield and his buddies. I have climbed the steps to the top and have used the rope/zip line to shimmy up to the comm tower. Problem is that I can't seem to get off the rope/zip line to land on the platform ledge so that I can send the 'SOS' message. Lara just slides back down the zip line, no matter what key I press.
What am I not doing :bigcry:
Doh!! my brain hurts.

Gerty
Mod
Mod

Post by Gerty » 03 Apr 2013 20:21

Best place to look is still Stella's walkthrough pages.

http://tombraiders.net/stella/tomb9.html
Oops, I did it again... Image

Soul
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Soul » 03 Apr 2013 20:46

Raymee wrote:Hi everyone,
I have just started playing this one and have to say, it is brilliant. But alas, I am stuck and I don't know if it is due to a bug, or I am doing something wrong. :blank:
I have progressed to the 'Com tower', just after killing the guy with the full metal shield and his buddies. I have climbed the steps to the top and have used the rope/zip line to shimmy up to the comm tower. Problem is that I can't seem to get off the rope/zip line to land on the platform ledge so that I can send the 'SOS' message. Lara just slides back down the zip line, no matter what key I press.
What am I not doing :bigcry:
Press the button you press to dodge. On PC it's the shift key, on Xbox360, it's "B" and on PS3 it's "Circle"

Raymee

Post by Raymee » 04 Apr 2013 07:36

Thanks Soul & Gerty, that did the job. :2thumbsup:
Doh!! my brain hurts.

avmaster
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Location: Gilching-Argelsried, small Villiage near Munich Germany

Post by avmaster » 07 Apr 2013 15:03

Finished the game yesterday afternoon. In total a great game but some fights are really hard. Puzzles are not very difficult. Had one game crash in the geothermal caverns. To go on I had to reduce the resolution in the game setup. In battles where it is necessary to press the right key in the right moment requires some practice, at least for me. The final fight and the fight on the boat are these kind of battles which were quite hard for me because I pressed the key too late sometimes and had to shoot the opponent once again until the sign to press the key showed up again. Completed it with 67 % it says at the end of the game.
Da Master

ImageImage
Next Octoberfest: Every year next one from 19.09.15 - 04.10.15

justin

Post by justin » 08 Apr 2013 13:12

<rant/>
So I'm convinced that Eidos hates Tomb Raider and wishes it would die, according to their disappointment in the 3.4(!) million games projected sold. Really Eidos? You are sad that Tomb Raider is only rediculously popular and successful but didn't sell more copies than all other games in the history of gaming? If they reboot this again I am quitting new Tomb Raider games.
</end rant>
Dark Skies loom...

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 08 Apr 2013 17:33

sorry justin but are this by you or a quote
cos i don't know what this mean
<rant/> and </end rant>
rgs vimmers
hit f5 often in the forum

justin

Post by justin » 08 Apr 2013 19:12

:lol: I was ranting
Dark Skies loom...

JesseG

Post by JesseG » 09 Apr 2013 01:16

Just finished it, kind of disappointed that the encounter with the main villain wasn't more involved :| But the bit with the twin pistols was nice and symbolic. Overall very enjoyable, the game took a great direction even if it is a new one to me. Next time though, the tombs should have more than one puzzle each. Please? :)

OH and this site (plus some other great TR sites) was mentioned in the credits, somehow that made me quite happy.

justin

Post by justin » 09 Apr 2013 14:37

Jesse wrote:Next time though, the tombs should have more than one puzzle each. Please? :)
I just hope there is a next time
Dark Skies loom...

Moonpooka
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Moonpooka » 14 Apr 2013 10:05

Jesse wrote:OH and this site (plus some other great TR sites) was mentioned in the credits, somehow that made me quite happy.
Brought a tear to my eye seeing that :-) and for those who wish to see it here is the link to the video.. skip to 9.06 for the credits :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=689tiimdsGQ
We want the finest wines available to humanity, we want them here and we want them now!

justin

Post by justin » 17 Apr 2013 18:21

So awesome^
Dark Skies loom...

Matie
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Matie » 23 Apr 2013 19:13

justin wrote:<rant/>
So I'm convinced that Eidos hates Tomb Raider and wishes it would die, according to their disappointment in the 3.4(!) million games projected sold. Really Eidos? You are sad that Tomb Raider is only rediculously popular and successful but didn't sell more copies than all other games in the history of gaming? If they reboot this again I am quitting new Tomb Raider games.
</end rant>
justin wrote:I just hope there is a next time
It wasn't Eidos, it was Square Enix who expected that much (Eidos is part of SE though). But Crystal is happy either way, the game is very successful. :) It doesn't seem like those expectations have such a huge significance.
There already are some hints for the next game, both in the ending and in a secret document. :wink: Also, in the new podcast they're saying that in this game Lara has become a survivor, but there's still a longer way for her becoming a Tomb Raider. :hint:
Jesse wrote:Just finished it, kind of disappointed that the encounter with the main villain wasn't more involved :|
Same here, I wish there was a proper fight in the end, there was a huge "build-up" and I expected more at that point - it felt way too quick and easy. :/

Anna27
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Anna27 » 25 Dec 2013 22:52

It's been a long time since release this game, but maybe you remember something about it. Who is your favourite character from TR9? Mine are: Conrad Roth, Jonah Maiava. Did you play with original language, or turned into your familiar language? The multiplayer was a good idea? And your favourite Lara's weapons and equipments?