Tomb Raider 9

news/discussions

Moderator: Tinka

Franco Bula

Re: Tomb Raider 9

Post by Franco Bula » 25 Jun 2011 23:26

I´m Sorry but i just saw the videos, yesterday, and i think this tomb raider will be excellent but i really think that the editors want to play with the morbo on lara, i don´t know -- maybe that´s the idea show lara getting hurt.. but it´s realistic .. :think: :thinking: :thinking: Maybe because the violence and the blood is what more money attracts
Just open your eyes

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 28 Jun 2011 23:02

Simply. I don't like it.
I don't like TR following the way other PC games go.
MAKE WIDESHOT GREAT AGAIN

manarch2
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by manarch2 » 02 Jul 2011 08:41

I can comfort you, DJ. Look at March '11.

Nina Croft
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Nina Croft » 03 Jul 2011 04:16

I am not sure what to think and expect from TR9... Actually, I am a bit afraid to expect anything...

According to trailers and screenshots and other available "preview" material, the game will be completely different and will definitely represent a rebirth of Lara Croft and the game itself. It can mean improvement, but not necessarily.

I remember the same thing happened many years ago, when TR6 was announced, as the beginning of the new era of TR. I was so excited and I could not wait for the game to be released. But when it was finally released, I was shocked, and not in a good way. I liked a lot some brand new moments in the game (and Curtis being the best surprise of all), but overall impression after playing it was: a mild disappointment. That was not the Lara I knew, and since the game was never finished as planned, it missed something huge.

9th sequel will again change everything, from what we can see so far. No mistake, this will be the turning point in life of Lara Croft. For good or for bad, we cannot tell before playing it and experienced it. But definitely, dear raiders who've been with Lara for 15 years, be prepared for a huge change in the core genre of the game, and forget everything you know about LC...

I hope in my heart the old as well as new fans of lady Croft will not be disappointed after playing it, because I want my dearest game celebrity to have a long and successful career...

Anything you can buy with money is cheap (Remarque)...

Franco Bula

Post by Franco Bula » 27 Aug 2011 02:47

yesterday i had a BIG doubt about the Cristal dynamics tomb raiders: Are those new trs (TRL,TRA,TRU) the same old engine from TR1? If somebody knows something answer thanks.. :)
Just open your eyes

JesseG

Post by JesseG » 27 Aug 2011 21:02

The TR1 engine is based off of large tiles (the squares you see on the floor, ceiling, etc), and the last game that used it was Tomb Raider Chronicles.

And besides that, I doubt that Core Design would have handed its engine over to Crystal Dynamics, or that the latter would have accepted it, since they were rebuilding everything anyway. So I'm certain Crystal made their own engine.

Franco Bula

Post by Franco Bula » 27 Aug 2011 23:02

I think you missed TR6 this one have his similar things with the other ones from Crystal and this was the lastest one from core. I doubt too about that core handed his engine but it could be certain.. :| :|
Just open your eyes

afzalmiah

Post by afzalmiah » 25 Oct 2011 12:12

I want this game really badly actually! I do think the older TR games are better but this game looks absolutely great! Better than Underworld and Legend I think. What do you think of the idea of doing something that Sonic The Hedgehog did like making a game which was like the old Tomb Raider but with better graphics?
Let's keep the party going All Night Long... :D

Will Raider

Post by Will Raider » 17 Jun 2012 11:44

This really is indeed gonna be the worst TR yet and thats saying something over the crappy Crystal Dynamics games. Saw the promo of the game and i'm disgusted once again the road that Eidos now known as Square Enix have taken, sorry to those who are fans.... but no thanks when it comes to me, i'll stick with the old games and custom levels. Core Design FTW! :]

larabiker301

Post by larabiker301 » 13 Jul 2012 14:22

Square Enix trying to make a Tomb Raider game... :lol: I'd rather stick to them making fantasy games like FINAL FANTASY. Although I'm a fan of the tomb raider series and I WILL get the Tomb Raider 9, they've tooken it too far. I miss Core! :bigcry:
The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up.
-Paul Valery

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 02 Aug 2012 17:51

latest news
http://officialtombraiderblog.tumblr.co ... -ready-for
you can turn on subtitles to better understand
rgs vimmers
hit f5 often in the forum

Mazeh

Post by Mazeh » 16 Aug 2012 20:10

Will Raider wrote:This really is indeed gonna be the worst TR yet and thats saying something over the crappy Crystal Dynamics games. Saw the promo of the game and i'm disgusted once again the road that Eidos now known as Square Enix have taken, sorry to those who are fans.... but no thanks when it comes to me, i'll stick with the old games and custom levels. Core Design FTW! :]
Couldn't agree more. And judging by vimmers' link, I'm not at all anxious to see Lara bathed in blood... what a crappy taste.

Jenni

Post by Jenni » 05 Jan 2013 21:09

I haven't played AOD or any official TR games beyond that, I just stick to custom levels - I know what I like :2thumbsup:

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 12 Jan 2013 09:44

2 months to the new game
and you can also play on multiplayer
http://uman.eu.square-enix.com/tracker. ... anchor=S#S
rgs vimmers
hit f5 often in the forum

JunoJim

Post by JunoJim » 21 Feb 2013 02:50

Hey - I love the custom games here, but I'm still looking forward to TR9. I hear the game engine is from "Underworld", so I'm playing that again, to get used to the controls, and her actions, think they'll be similar ???