Tomb Raider 2: Dagger of Xian.

news/discussions

Moderator: Tinka

Anna27
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Tomb Raider 2: Dagger of Xian.

Post by Anna27 » 13 Nov 2010 23:09

Here we can talk about everything, which concers this great game.

Another legendary Tomb Raider. I'm sure that everyone knows the story, so I won't write about details.
Is second TR better than first TR? Well, it's your decision, but I think it is. Definitely better graphics, Lara took a figure, more moves and weapons. This is the first TR in which Lara change clothes few times.
My favourite weapons are: Uzis, M16 and Grenades.
Favourite levels: Venice, Living Quarters, The Deck, Floating Islands, Home sweet home.

justin

Re: Tomb Raider 2: Dagger of Xian.

Post by justin » 15 Nov 2010 15:13

I need to replay it, the ripped version i had omitted a lot of music and all fmvs
Dark Skies loom...

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 15 Nov 2010 15:32

ahaa we got a pirate here
rgs vimmers
hit f5 often in the forum

Blue43

Post by Blue43 » 15 Nov 2010 15:40

I played it 2 times and it is definitely my favorite after TR1. It was one of those games were everything worked well together. A good story line and nice graphics and sounds. My favorite level was probably "The Deck" with that huge underwater cave. Tomb Raider 2 always brings back good memories.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

justin

Post by justin » 15 Nov 2010 15:54

vimmers wrote:ahaa we got a pirate here
Only partially, I own the original PC version, just can't find it... I plan on repurchasing it
Dark Skies loom...

Anna27
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Anna27 » 16 Nov 2010 21:55

For the first time in the TR2 appeared civilization and technology. What were your first feelings? Did you glad with this little distraction or do you preferred only catacombs or tombs? I like it when in Tomb Raider is possible to sip a little moment of civilization.

justin

Post by justin » 17 Nov 2010 13:49

Well I skipped from TR1 to TR3, so TR2 didn't seem abnormal at all :D
Dark Skies loom...

eRIC
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by eRIC » 17 Nov 2010 14:10

Imo the strong point of TR2 is the fluency :2thumbsup:

What i liked the less, is that there was too many levels with men as baddies, it became a bit tiresome after a while.

My favourite level is the Desk. Each time i played TR2 i never knew where to begin the exploration.
Anna27 wrote:For the first time in the TR2 appeared civilization and technology. What were your first feelings? Did you glad with this little distraction or do you preferred only catacombs or tombs? I like it when in Tomb Raider is possible to sip a little moment of civilization.
although i prefer 'mysterious worlds' in general , i was quite pleased with the levels with civilization and technology. That allowed different kinds of puzzles .
Also at that time , TR was fast paced , there was no looooong crawlspaces in air conducts for example :D

Will Raider

Post by Will Raider » 22 Nov 2010 04:41

The Sharks!!, the barracudas, the giant and small eels! Hated them!! Couldnt beat the Tibetian levels! And last but not least my worst enemy of all Tomv Raider.... THE GIANT SPIDERS!! UGH I STILL HATE THEM!! lol XD

TombRaiderTim

Post by TombRaiderTim » 08 Mar 2011 21:40

I have high hopes for the new custom remake, Tomb Raider 2 Memories, the only "City" styled levels as you could call it I like are on this game, which is Venice, in fact i'm playing the game over again now and i think it maqy just be better than TR1 after all. :3
Replaying Tomb Raider II an really enjoying the experience without cheating, all secrets so far up to the Temple Of Xian. =D

Ruediger
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Ruediger » 07 Aug 2015 09:12

I'm just playing TR2 for the first time in 10 years or so. On one hand, I'm surprised how lo-res the graphics look with all those big pixels. On the other hand, a very nice fluent gameplay, no impossible timed runs, puzzles everyone can solve, a lot easier than later releases which is nice. Finished Venice and the underwater levels, now looking forward to some Yeti spotting in Tibet. :2thumbsup:

The game developed for Windows 98 (!) runs better on Windows 8.1 than I expected. Occasionally a graphic bug turns the screen red (which can be resolved by pressing F1 or F2 for resolution setting). Otherwise I had no technical issues.

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 07 Aug 2015 20:09

Better not to say such things on the forums. Recently I launched TR4 to examine the original hammerhead setup... and somehow ended up replaying the WHOLE thing. And TR5 followed, fortunately it's quite short and I managed to hit the brakes to a full stop just before the VCI part. Anyway, three days went out of my life :D
MAKE WIDESHOT GREAT AGAIN

Ryan
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Ryan » 28 Feb 2016 12:06

One of my earliest memories is going into the Barkhang Monastery with all guns blazing, not realising that the monks were friendly! :hammer:

JesseG

Post by JesseG » 28 Feb 2016 17:38

After that realization it made the level tense for me...I would mash the look button to switch targets a few times to make sure Lara was in fact targeting the baddy and not the monk :?

Ryan
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Ryan » 28 Feb 2016 18:06

Glad I wasn't the only one having problems in that level. :lol: