Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light ANNOUNCED!

news/discussions

Moderator: Tinka

justin

Re: Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light ANNOUNCED!

Post by justin » 20 May 2010 20:44

A poor excuse for a Tomb Raider game, but it looks like a fantastic non-tomb raider game :)
Dark Skies loom...

Soul
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Soul » 21 May 2010 21:05

Yes, it really does. Here are some pics for those who are interested.

SPOILERS!!!

Nice view over a mexican areal. I like how the trailer starts and ends with one and the same area. You can already see the T-Rex-statue and an interesting trap, that's activated with the three pressure plates around.

Image Image
Isn't Lara lovely? I like how they changed the model a little bit. The bad things though: The first thing that came to my mind, when I saw here was a female Mortal Kombat fighter. But the more I look at it the more I like it.

Image Image
Reminds me of some Retrogames, what I really like. Interesting detail from the second screen: There are some pickups here and Lara grabs them once she runs over them (seen at the very beginning of this scene).
The red skulls might be secrets as they appear many times in the trailer. Not sure about that though.

Image Image Image Image
Screens from the first enemy and the fight against it.
the fight looks very interesting. If you look closely you can see how Lara and totec help each other. While Lara is trying to get attention of the monster by shooting it, Totec gets to its back and places a bomb.
At the end of the scene (and in the fourth picture) you can see, that Lara has to watch out though as another enemy is already on its way to the fighting place.

Image Image
Some very nice areas. At the first picture Lara and Totec have to be very fast, as the two bridge-tiles are collapsing while they are running over them. I love the animation here.

Image Image
Two screens, that show that Teamwork is very important in this game.
1st: While Lara is shooting the spiders, Totec is activating a mechanism that lets a grapple ring appear on the other side of the pit (the jump can be seen earlier in the trailer). What I don't like that much here is that both the lever and the grapple ring are glowing so that they can't be missed by anyone ^^
2nd: An intersting puzzle that seems to require timing. The pressure plate both lowers the spears AND raises the platform itself. So I think that Totec has to jump right in time so that he isn't killed by the spears but still reaches the platform. NICE!

Nothing new here. Lara is helping Totec to get up the wall, but I LOVE the look of the area and its colours here!

Image Image
Intersting combat. You can see, that Totec uses his shield to block AND reflect the enemys attack. And Lara is using the flamethrower!

Image Image
Two intersting enemys. First a giant spider :jmp: and then four god-like creatures (reminds me very much of the TR4-gods).

The appearance of the T-Rex! He's busting out of the statue at the beginning of the trailer. Thank god the spear-trap is right next to him so that it shouldn't be too hard to kill him. Love the animation when he dies and tried to do the screenshot exactly at my favourite view! :cln:

Well. That's it :)

And here's a link to exactly the same pics on imageshack: http://img709.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=41135055.jpg

QRS
Admin
Admin

Post by QRS » 21 May 2010 22:13

It looks really nice! I just hope the view is not so far away all the time though. But it seems like a cool game. Hopefully they make the controls simple and good this time...
Currently playing: Babylon Is Fallen

Soul
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Soul » 22 May 2010 19:56

According to Keir Edmonds from Eidos the camera isn't that bad actually:
It does go pretty tight in certain areas, but it zooms out pretty far when two players are exploring (which personally I think is cool).

rtrger

Post by rtrger » 22 May 2010 21:24

On the last picture, the monster looks like Diablo. :lol:

Seler34

Post by Seler34 » 08 Jun 2010 15:33

SI Skynet cosmos!

Will Raider

Post by Will Raider » 21 Jul 2010 21:16

This is just f***ing disgusting. I am disgusted with those idiots of Eidos now owned by Square Enix I always hated that company anyway and there games. Theres no words I can express about this guys im just completely disgusted with what this game franchise has become.

Its disgusting need I say it again I think I will... DISGUSTING! I'm about to go to there headquarters and commit murder. Rest in peace Lara Croft officially, this is it guys, Tomb Raider is officially dead.

TombMaker

Post by TombMaker » 22 Jul 2010 01:08

Will Raider wrote:This is just f***ing disgusting. I am disgusted with those idiots of Eidos now owned by Square Enix I always hated that company anyway and there games. Theres no words I can express about this guys im just completely disgusted with what this game franchise has become.

Its disgusting need I say it again I think I will... DISGUSTING! I'm about to go to there headquarters and commit murder. Rest in peace Lara Croft officially, this is it guys, Tomb Raider is officially dead.
:roll: Did you ever read this...
Crystal Dynamics are also working on a second title, a continuation of the Tomb Raider series.

Matie
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Matie » 18 Aug 2010 10:45

Are you sure, Will? People seem to like it, actually.
Glad to see it's getting great review scores! :D

From what I've seen I love it! I wish I was an XBOX player, they can get it today (*is so jelaous :tongue2: *), but I play on PC and have to wait until 28th September :roll:

Soul
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Soul » 18 Aug 2010 15:47

Yeah I also love all the fantastic reviews it gets...I only saw one 7/10 so far and all the other were about 9/10...I'm downloading it atm (23%) :D

Loupar

Post by Loupar » 21 Aug 2010 19:26

I'm playing in coop with my son and is a very funny game.
I began to play with Lara only and in that case, Lara can use Totec's spear (wich is very useful) and you can play the entire game. In coop mode is really great.
Sounds and music are taken directly from the latest Cristal games: Anniversary and Underworld. So the secrets, the checkpoints and the music during the boss combats are well known. It's not Tomb Raider but you can feel that you're at home while playing.

shandroid

Post by shandroid » 17 Sep 2010 19:37

I really enjoyed it. I saw nothing wrong with a bit of a Laraesque game while we wait for the new game to come out. Some of the challenges are just ridiculous though, like the timed challenges (finish a level in 5 minutes..yeah right) and one in particular was to shoot all the baddies at the side of a long run while Lara and Totec are being chased by a giant fish (it's not swimming). It takes more than one shot to kill them, but if you stick around for longer than a couple seconds, the fish gets you. I won't get that challenge anytime soon.

It is a blast to play with a gaming child though!

Don't forget, for Xbox owners, the first of 5 DLCs will be FREE at the end of Sept.!

sprysiazni

Post by sprysiazni » 24 Sep 2010 20:58

I fully agree with Will Raider, i am playing this joke now..save your money,you will be sorry.this is the worst junk ever made in my opinion.time to give lara to someone who knows how to make a real game...clumsy controls again...there are no words to describe how tomb raider the best 3d game de evolved down to this final junk.my rating is a firm -5 :angry: . now to play a real tombraider game..SANUS 4.. :D
Scotty beam me up

Matie
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Matie » 25 Sep 2010 09:30

^ Ouch! :( (I'd like to remind you that it's NOT a Tomb Raider game!)

I bought it a few days ago and I haven't regretted it. I'm loving it! I'm in the 13th level at the moment.
From the second half of the levels it got a bit frustrating (tons of enemies), but it's okay again towards the end. There are tricky traps, ancient tombs - I really like that you can collect things, get artifacts, relics, use them to gain speed, weapon power, etc. and there are optional challenges too. And the way you can use some weapons to progress further in the levels is also great! I got used to the controls after completing a few levels, it's not that bad at all.
Now I'm off to finish it..! :2thumbsup:

rjb
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by rjb » 25 Sep 2010 12:48

Nice to hear different views of things (and dare we suggest more balanced, more rational, since we're talking about a computer game, not real life). Good to get varying opinions and constructive comments :2thumbsup:, as when reviewing custom levels.
"He enables me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul ..."[Ps 23:2-3]