Music on Tomb Raider.

news/discussions

Moderator: Tinka

Anna27
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Music on Tomb Raider.

Post by Anna27 » 14 Jan 2010 13:39

Without it there is no game. I think music in Tomb Raider is wonderful. Practically I like all of them, but there are few, which I like the most. For example: music in main theme (Tomb Raider 1),music appeared in fight with T-Rex or Torso(Tomb Raider 1), in fight with Natla(this music appeared in few moments, but this one I remember most). In TR2: main theme, music in radio, during raiding the snowmobile. In TR3: music in radio and in ending credits. TR4: when bull appered, driving in jeep, main theme, during the flyby over the train(before starting level). TR3, 4 and 5 have also few other great music, but I can't say in which moments they appeared.
The Angel of Darkness. These were perfect. In disco or at the very beginning in game(streets).
I won't tell about music in Legend, Anniversary and Underworld, because I can't remember any one of them. Only I can remember one music from Anniversary, I don't know in which moment was it, but it appeared also in main theme in Ancient Artifact or in Back to basics 2008 levels.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: Music on Tomb Raider.

Post by Jorge22 » 14 Jan 2010 17:04

I always liked TR3's main theme because it is very atmospheric and suits the game to perfection.

QRS
Admin
Admin

Post by QRS » 14 Jan 2010 19:30

I have always loved the music in the tombraider games. Especially in tr1! The main theme and all the small "timed run" and all the "ahhhhh" sounds etc. :lol: tr2 and tr3 also had fantastic music. tr4 and tr5 were good but not in the same way as the first 3 I think.

Same goes for AOD and the CD games.

Anniversary was good and technically, the music is done better than in tr1. Yes it is really good but the tr1 original music is more clean and better IMHO :)
Currently playing: Babylon Is Fallen

justin

Post by justin » 19 Jan 2010 16:24

Always loved the TR1 music, as above, the theme and the "wolf" tracks

TR3 music was far far and above all others, god that game has influenced me the most

don't remember any music from Tr2, not much from that game stuck with me.
Dark Skies loom...

eTux
Mod
Mod

Post by eTux » 20 Jan 2010 16:23

justin wrote:don't remember any music from Tr2, not much from that game stuck with me.
How about the Venice violin theme? The funky snowmobile techno track? Or even the title track? :)

I've enjoyed just about all music from the entire series - I only didn't care that much for the TR5 music in comparison. Though if I think about it - the Ireland music is kinda cool, and the VCI tower tracks were quite fitting, argh! :rolleyes4:

justin

Post by justin » 25 Jan 2010 18:45

eTux wrote:
justin wrote:don't remember any music from Tr2, not much from that game stuck with me.
How about the Venice violin theme? The funky snowmobile techno track? Or even the title track? :)
Weird, I know. Now I haven't played TR2 for many years, I only played it once, and it was a ripped version with no FMVs (I lost my actually version long ago). I'll have to revisit TR2, as unexcited as I am.
Dark Skies loom...

snork
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by snork » 07 Feb 2010 16:44

Today I "tidied" my computer, deleting unused software, unused files and such. I had to, it got so cramped, up to having real problems.
And it actually worked - I have not seen applications starting so fast for long time. I wish I knew what exactly did the trick.

In the process I stumbled on (still another) folder named "soundjack" with some TR3 music in it. So I listened to it.
I find it amazing how the main theme, also the "she's cool" (level ending theme) still give me goosebumps.
And so instantly, deeply and beyond control.

The experience of playing TR for the first time must have gotten so hardwired into the memory/feeling part of my brain*, it will stay like this forever.

Lucky me. :D

*well, it took me months and months, and more months to complete TR3 :roll:
Thou shall not mess with Lara's resting animation. NEVER. EVER!