Lara's friends(but not all).

news/discussions

Moderator: Tinka

Anna27
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Lara's friends(but not all).

Post by Anna27 » 10 Jul 2009 19:47

I post new topic, because I want to know what do you think about Lara's friends. They are should appear once again or their time is over?
Warning. If you hadn't play Legend and Underworld yet, don't read this topic.
Amanda Evert - former Lars's friend. With her fault Lara's mother Amelia, transfered to Hellheim. Lara was very angry to Amanda. But in Underworld they worked together and they escape from Hellheim. I think Amanda is very interesting person. She have very strong and useful power. She can appear once again in later parts. But many people think, her plot is finished, but I don't think so. I noting that it could appear one more role for her.
Zip - computer genius. He promptes Lara, what and how. Not many people like it and so in last game, he came silent. Lara only speak to him in telephone or in cutscenes. I seem that, he will be again in TR9, but how long his role will lasting? I hope so longest, he is very nice person and without him game will be poor.
Alister - his role was very short. Pity, that creators delete him so quick. His person could more proceed. For today I think, which fault is it. Creators who, from beginnig were everything settle, or players, who wanted creators to finish with him. His propmt? But he spoke more less than Zip. Mayby that was a mistake? In my sentence he would just leave Croft Manor. But I think, that creator wanted to introduce some drama, so that so here was idea to kill him. I know that he is over, but I'm interesting if you are glad, that he will not appear again, or you are missing him?
I will not write about Winston. You know, there is no Tomb Raider without him.

justin

Re: Lara's friends(but not all).

Post by justin » 10 Jul 2009 19:59

For some reason, I actually like Amanda's presence. It kinda reminds me of Natla, but with a lame background attached lol

Despite my loathing of the movies, I enjoyed all of the characters that were implemented in Crystal Dynamics games :)

Sad to see Alister gone, he was the most likable of the new people :-\
Dark Skies loom...

Anna27
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Anna27 » 22 Jul 2009 15:42

I forgot about Kurtis. He was playable character in Angel of Darkness. He had to have some great skills - like using chirugai, but Core Desing cut them, and we had only using pistols. Besides there were his horrible moves. Despite those defects, he was very interesting person. Thanks to him, game took larger climate. He will come back again in some day? It would be fine.

justin

Post by justin » 22 Jul 2009 16:21

I didn't like Kurtis. Then again, I didn't much like AOD :-\
Dark Skies loom...

Will Raider

Post by Will Raider » 22 Aug 2009 06:43

man why do sooo many people hate AOD. no offense justin haha

i thought it was awesome despite the bugs and all. eckhardt was an awesome villian too bad he was easy to beat and karel had to ruin it for everyone lol.

but amanda is awesome, shes even better than the new natla but not! the old one. she needs to be morre evil though, hopefully she will be back in another new game but this time pureeee evil lol.

man i so love evil female characters in movies and games :]

Moonpooka
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Moonpooka » 22 Aug 2009 21:01

I really was enjoying AoD - i was nearly at the end when my PC had to be formatted tho and i lost my save games :( Can't say i liked Kurtis much - and i know he's not a friend, but my fav guy is Larson. Is he still alive? I've sort of lost the plot during the last 3 games :shifty:
We want the finest wines available to humanity, we want them here and we want them now!

QRS
Admin
Admin

Post by QRS » 22 Aug 2009 21:32

I think that AOD had the best story and music of any Tombraider game. The only flaw IMHO (And it was a BIG flaw) was the controls. Me being a psx player and being used to the pad...and it was horrible to play on the ps2 :(

I have also played it on pc after that and it is just as bad *sigh* Using the mouse and keys is out of question for me.

Still loved the game though...and at the end I finally got a bit used to the controls haha. It would have been a fantastic game if it had been tr1-5 controls.
Currently playing: Babylon Is Fallen

rtrger

Post by rtrger » 22 Aug 2009 21:42

I think AoD is awesome.But yeah,I agree the controls sucks.My favourite was Louvre Galleries. :2thumbsup:
I don't like Kurtis,anyway. :lol:

Will Raider

Post by Will Raider » 22 Aug 2009 23:05

heyyy rtrger wanted to speak to you man, glad to see you on here. your custom walkthroughs are awesome btw and i hope ull allow me to put them on my official TR walkthrough channel when i get round to it. if thats alright with you :]

anyways yes kurtis, haha i remember a video on youtube that was making fun of the time lara finishes the tomb of semerkhet and she reads the whole horus set inscriptions but it turns out kurtis was the myth or something like that.

anyways his name the guy that owns the channel is azrieklahn or something like that cant remember lol. he does funny tomb raider talkthroughs as well you should check em out XD

and hey anders no doubt about the controls and funny i have to play it with my keyboard and thats the worse of all. ugh its sooo annoying. and my fav levels were the hall of seasons ones, just the whole dark cult background and such and the four puzzles. was just awesome!

oh and moonie, no he isnt. even on both gens. the whole larson lara story well to break it down dunno how they started to know each other and such. but the first rivalry was in rome at the time of chronicles, when lara was still wet behind the ears and starting of. pierre was with him too.

the serpents grab him and throw him away but obviously it didnt kill him, then when all is said and done lara meets him again working for natla and it comes down to is she kills him at the end of sanctuary of the scion.

in the new gen well she kills him in the level natla's mines and thats the last you see of him in both gens. but the old larson is farrrr better. <3

rtrger

Post by rtrger » 22 Aug 2009 23:19

Iirc,I've sent you a PM on youtube a month ago,maybe.(I dunno what was in it. :lol: )But allright,post them. :2thumbsup: Himalayan Mysteries will be done soon(hopefully in August,school starts,you know :( :roll: ),and after that,probably I'll walkthrough the demo of Sanctuary of Souls,and Simply Purple.And I'm sure I'll walkthrough Jade Empire. :) After that,Revelations 3 and Christmas lvls.I love walkthroughing. :D
(Underworld Unfinished Business 1 also done,I'll encode it after Himalayan Mysteries and post it to youtube. :) )
Big off done.

Oh,and Janice was awesome in AoD. :lol:

Will Raider

Post by Will Raider » 22 Aug 2009 23:24

but yeah trger thats what im sayin i havent been on it in months you know been busy and such.

but i appreciate you sending me that, sorry i didnt get to read it. prob still in the inbox though, ill check it out.

keep those walkthroughs coming cause i love watching them haha.

that goes for all other people too.

but dammit how could we all forget about Janice, good call! i love watching the youtubes where janice replaces kurtis with the way you can change characters and such. her and lara make a great team :D

Mulf

Post by Mulf » 23 Aug 2009 22:04

QRS wrote:I think that AOD had the best story and music of any Tombraider game.
[...] and at the end I finally got a bit used to the controls haha. It would have been a fantastic game if it had been tr1-5 controls.
You can actually remap the controls to the keys used in classic TR. That's what I did, and otherwise I probably wouldn't have made it through the game either. Lara still moves somewhat clunky by comparison, but not clunkier than Indiana Jones in The Infernal Machine. :)

QRS
Admin
Admin

Post by QRS » 23 Aug 2009 22:08

Yes I did that, Mulf but the controls still sucked :lol:

Kind of what I do on the newer games like Legend and Underworld too and it works ok..and I often get used to it near the end of the game hehe.
Currently playing: Babylon Is Fallen

Howaito

Post by Howaito » 02 Sep 2009 02:22

To be honest, the first three games, (especially the first where she didn't even have Winston), felt like Lara didn't have any friends at all. She didn't mention any, and didn't require help. It made her seem a lot more independent and stronger.

In Legend, Underworld and AOD she relies too much on people and technology. Zip and Alistair were quite annoying, I thought... And Amanda! Get over yourself, girlfriend!
The Cartoon World Returns March MMX

RoboGundam6

Post by RoboGundam6 » 02 Dec 2009 02:08

TR AOD was great in concept, but getting suck in things, doesn't really sound like fun.
Kurtis was a great stepping stone, but the game is about the adventures of Lara Croft, not some guy.
I agree on having friends, I mean who will fly you to these places or sponsor digs and stuff, but an over haul of a revolving cast is confusing. Just have like 2 or less in a game.
Image Image