Seth-TR4
No votes

Total votes: 22

Anna27
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Favourite boss 2

Post by Anna27 » 03 Mar 2009 13:15

Ok, here is the second part. The questions are the same like in first part. There will be third part, but later.
You know that fighting with enemies in TR1 is different than enemies in Anniversary. So I put both options.

So which one do you like it?

snork
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Re: Favourite boss 2

Post by snork » 03 Mar 2009 19:20

Hej,

Of those 4 games, I only know TR3 and TR-LR, that's why I do not vote.

I liked Sophia most, because it's not just shooting, and her mocking laughter all the time. It took me many tries to get that right, all the time being ridiculed by her.

Seth to me is the most disappointing boss ever.
After such a looong game you meet the boss and he is a GOD, able to wreck all of Egypt or maybe all the world - and what does he come up with ? Petty, errm, "photon torpedoes" that though looking very good and nicely expressing his anger (you know, when he shakes and sends a dozen of them light-thingies) they do not kill Lara ?
Get hit by SETH himself, take a small medipack and everything is fine ? Pfft. I like that hovering of his, though.

At least it could have been shadow somethings instead of light somethings he shoots at Lara, I would have loved that. And it would have fitted better into the game that all the time gets darker and darker.
Oh boy, I bet our favourite enemy designers would make excellent horrible bosses, had they a function abvailable that allows shooting shadows like they can shoot light.
Thou shall not mess with Lara's resting animation. NEVER. EVER!

jraider66

Post by jraider66 » 10 Jul 2009 19:26

I had to go with Sophie Leigh. It is quite a challenge to work your way up to her and THEN figure out how to zap her. I doubt anybody got this one on their first couple of tries. Being the London rooftops gets it a bonus too.
--Jraider66--

Nina Croft
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Nina Croft » 30 Mar 2010 19:54

My favorite TR boss is definitely Willard at the end of Adventures. I spent hours and hours trying to kill that badass, until I figured out that you need to steel four artifacts first, in order to make him vulnerable... And after figuring that out, I spent more hours trying to outrun him and kill him without being zapped by his rays, or falling in one of those nasty lava pits... But when I finally killed him, I was so happy, so excited, as if I myself had been there for real, as if I really had saved the world from that psychopath... Also, all other bosses in TR3 are also my favorite, but Willard is definitely my number one...

Anything you can buy with money is cheap (Remarque)...

justin

Post by justin » 01 Apr 2010 15:33

I can't imagine beating TR3 without a walkthrough. major props to those who did it. Willard was insane to beat even with 100 rockets at my disposal
Dark Skies loom...

Nina Croft
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Nina Croft » 29 Apr 2010 03:30

justin wrote:I can't imagine beating TR3 without a walkthrough. major props to those who did it. Willard was insane to beat even with 100 rockets at my disposal
Well, I don't use rocket launcher to kill Willard, because Lara is not so agile with the launcher in her hands. The most recommendable weapon for killing Willard is Desert Eagle. You need approximately 50 DE bullets to kill him.

And yes, beating TR3 without the walkthrough is insanely hard. When I played it for the first time on PlayStation, I did not have the PC and the internet, so I had to do it without any help. I remember it took me two months to beat the game.

Anything you can buy with money is cheap (Remarque)...

Ryan
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Ryan » 01 Jun 2016 00:04

Nina Croft wrote:My favorite TR boss is definitely Willard at the end of Adventures. I spent hours and hours trying to kill that badass, until I figured out that you need to steel four artifacts first, in order to make him vulnerable... And after figuring that out, I spent more hours trying to outrun him and kill him without being zapped by his rays, or falling in one of those nasty lava pits... But when I finally killed him, I was so happy, so excited, as if I myself had been there for real, as if I really had saved the world from that psychopath... Also, all other bosses in TR3 are also my favorite, but Willard is definitely my number one...
It is actually possible to escape Willard without actually killing him and retrieving the artifacts, but when you slide down the slope to reach the end gate, it is shut and you are completely stuck with no way to continue(the slope is too steep to return up) :eek2: