So, what do you guys think of TRU Demo?

news/discussions

Moderator: Tinka

JunoJim

Post by JunoJim » 06 Nov 2008 16:44

Ah, yes - I saw a move like that in Splinter Cell...

Thanks, Buck !!!

Later - it worked !!! But those damned spiders - I hate spiders !!!

Even Later... I love the way the spiders explode when you shoot them - LOL

I keep finding myself saying WOW or AMAZING, or Geez, she can do that now ???

The realism has reached a point where I'm almost actually Lara. All they need now, is a gamepad with spikes that stick you, when the Tigers bite... :D

The End... Finally pulled the pins, and the switch - that's it !!!

Can't wait now, for the game release - already preordered... :D

Manymee

Post by Manymee » 08 Nov 2008 23:22

replaying the demo, I found some great little things... the sharks won't attack you if you leave them alone - you can even swim right amongst them - and
you can do the tigers by hand. :D I did three in a row! :D

I'm not really a very violent person and never played TR for the kills. So I really really appreciate that - I can just pretend the tigers are knocked out a bit :) Big thumbsup to Crystal D for that from me. Also I love that you can chose multiple paths, a major plus. I like this thing more and more. :2thumbsup:

JunoJim

Post by JunoJim » 09 Nov 2008 02:32

Yes, I prefer the exploring, scenery, puzzles, climbing, etc. to the fights - I play to relax... :D

justin

Post by justin » 10 Nov 2008 15:29

played the whole demo, and loved it. looking forward to the full game :)
Dark Skies loom...

JunoJim

Post by JunoJim » 11 Nov 2008 02:15

Yes, I played it too - it was great - have it on order already...

The realism is fantastic !!! I felt like I was actually there !!!

dhama

Post by dhama » 14 Nov 2008 10:25

I found the demo to be excellent. First try it took a little while to remember the new controls, but after that brief moment it was very easy.
Everything looked beautiful and well detailed. The only problem I had with it, was that being as detailed as it was, it was difficult to see it all, apart from when Lara was standing still. I think the monitor is probably the next thing that will have to get better to handle such detail in games. Maybe a holographic display?

Manymee

Post by Manymee » 14 Nov 2008 12:16

haha yes I know what you mean. Easy to get attacked because you are so smitten with the environment, you didn't even notice the beasts approaching...

I have a major question though.

I play TR with the PS controller using USB connection. which works fine with custom levels and amazingly well with TRU. However, it being a PC demo, the headshot(adrenaline thingy) is described as a keyboard button sequence, has anybody figured out yet how that would translate to the buttons of the controller? Or, if anyone gets the PS3 demo, could they please post the configuration here? I managed fine without it in the demo but I can imagine that progressing further into the game might present me with moments where I really n eed them. Ah yes, same goes for the slowmotion jump thingy.

JunoJim

Post by JunoJim » 16 Nov 2008 03:03

Hey dhama !!! Good to hear from you again - still raiding I see - I loved the demo, but I couldn't get through Anniversary because:

Manymee - I'm using a USB connected Nostromo gamepad, and was able to map the buttons for almost all the moves to it, but I never could get the rage thing, the head shot, and the slow motion, all of which I think run together.

However, I can remember when I thought the backflip, twist & grab was a real feat, so maybe there's hope.

Try custom mapping your buttons, if you have Anniversary, they're almost the same as TRU...

Loupar

Post by Loupar » 20 Nov 2008 22:02

I've played the demo in Xbox and PC (in less quality because the graphic card) and I've loved it.
I don't know how will be the whole game but the demo is impressive: Lara looks great, she's got a lot of movements although some of them are a bit mechanic and the environments are the best.
I'll buy the game tomorrow.

JunoJim

Post by JunoJim » 21 Nov 2008 01:05

It's available in stores ???

I just got a message that mine had shipped... be here by the 25th.

Jack&
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Re: So, what do you guys think of TRU Demo?

Post by Jack& » 27 Feb 2009 00:47

what i think ?? u dont want to know ......... :D ..... suxx badly like the full version ......... :D
Hasta la Vista Baby ;)

Matie
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Matie » 27 Feb 2009 18:34

Why do you think that it sucks? :shifty: :undecided:
I love it. The graphics, the moves, the atmosphere, the music, everything. I played only the demo, i like it a lot :)

Jack&
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Jack& » 28 Feb 2009 14:48

Matie graphics & great visuals is not all in a game .......... iff gameplay suxx ...... cameras suxx .........and so ..... 8)
Hasta la Vista Baby ;)

Matie
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Matie » 28 Feb 2009 14:59

I know. I like the gameplay, but yeah, i hate the cameras. I forgot about that. There's many bugs in the game too - anyway, I still like it very much.

I could run it with very poor graphics, this is the result (Lara's face is hilarious :D ):
http://i43.tinypic.com/2cqi7wn.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/2vnkmsn.jpg