TOMB RAIDER UNDERWORLD OFFICIAL GAMEPLAY REVEALED!!!

news/discussions

Moderator: Tinka

Stewart

TOMB RAIDER UNDERWORLD OFFICIAL GAMEPLAY REVEALED!!!

Post by Stewart » 15 Jul 2008 21:34

http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/od/ ... al_01.html

this is actual gameplay of tomb raider underworld, i like it!
the swimming animation is good, but i see alot of camera and lighting glitches... ill let you see it for yourself :)
Theory and logic say yes, but life says no.

Monique

Post by Monique » 15 Jul 2008 22:07

Wow! The first footage of Underworld in action! :2thumbsup: Mmm, it looks like it might be the Wii version. The swimming action looks a little mechanical still, but the fmv looks fantastic! Can't wait to play it :D
Just call me butter baby, cuz I'm onna roll! :muffin:

justin

Post by justin » 15 Jul 2008 22:55

looked dark when i checked it, but that may be my work monitor. Nice shot of her butt during the Cut :wink:
Dark Skies loom...

Jenni

Post by Jenni » 16 Jul 2008 00:28

I found her movements too cartoonish and very unrealistic (bear in mind that the last TR game I played was TR3).
Possibly an improvment in her jumping though, but as stated above, I also found it very dark and quite hard to make out clearly.

Her movements scrambling around pillars, and such, reminded me of a child's psx game we had years ago - where the child had a laser gun to shoot shadows (and was looking for his dog I think) - the boy scrambled in much the same way - unrealistically.

Magnus
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Magnus » 16 Jul 2008 01:39

Jenni wrote:Her movements scrambling around pillars, and such, reminded me of a child's psx game we had years ago - where the child had a laser gun to shoot shadows (and was looking for his dog I think) - the boy scrambled in much the same way - unrealistically.
Heart of Darkness, and I thought the animations in that game were excellent. Great game overall, by the way, even if it's a bit hard at times.

Jenni

Post by Jenni » 16 Jul 2008 02:00

That's it - Heart of Darkness. Maybe it's not the one I'm thinking of. Just watching Lara scramble made me think of some game where another character scrambles up walls in the same ridiculous way - way too fast to be realistic too. Maybe God of War?

justin

Post by justin » 16 Jul 2008 02:42

God of War sounds right, recent and very challenging. His movements reminded me of Lara's in Legend
Dark Skies loom...

Monique

Post by Monique » 16 Jul 2008 08:03

Oh man... the more I see it the more mechanical and cartoony the movements look :(
Hopefully they won't keep the movements for the release of the game, they still have plenty of time to tweak it.... *HINTHINT*
They should've used motion-capture on the swimming and jumping movements as well, the latter looks like a frog jumping.... in an unnatural way!
The fmv looks well done though. I wonder what that slow motion move is all about at the end? (before the kraken smashes the pillar)

Stewart

Post by Stewart » 16 Jul 2008 14:51

yeah, i really hope they work on it alot more, maybe push it back to 09 if they have too. and the slow motion thing is i think one of those interative cutscenes, i read somewhere that you dont push buttons anymore to control them but instead you control lara

justin

Post by justin » 16 Jul 2008 15:39

Stewart wrote:yeah, i really hope they work on it alot more, maybe push it back to 09 if they have too. and the slow motion thing is i think one of those interative cutscenes, i read somewhere that you dont push buttons anymore to control them but instead you control lara
controlling lara >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> using stupid buttons like a 3 year old
Dark Skies loom...

QRS
Admin
Admin

Post by QRS » 16 Jul 2008 16:07

Magnus wrote:Heart of Darkness, and I thought the animations in that game were excellent. Great game overall, by the way, even if it's a bit hard at times.
Great game indeed but near the end it was way too hard. I did finish it though.

I always liked the Oddworld better though :D

About Underworld:

Looks like *sigh* another Crystal Dynamics so callled Tombraider game. Same flaws, same jerky movements etc. It might be fun though! I really loved Anniversary!
Currently playing: Babylon Is Fallen

justin

Post by justin » 16 Jul 2008 16:25

I enjoyed Anniversary, hopefully Underworld will be as challenging. Legend was waaay too easy
Dark Skies loom...

Stewart

Post by Stewart » 16 Jul 2008 18:55

i heard that this was the first build of gameplay, meaning its nowhere near done, so maybe theyll be an improvement at e3 today.
i hope...

Monique

Post by Monique » 16 Jul 2008 20:21

Stewart wrote:yeah, i really hope they work on it alot more, maybe push it back to 09 if they have too. and the slow motion thing is i think one of those interative cutscenes, i read somewhere that you dont push buttons anymore to control them but instead you control lara
Ah yes, you're right. I remember reading somewhere that instead of interactive cutscenes (like in Legend) or the Adrenaline Dodge (like in Anniversary) they're going to have a mix between the two. Quite interesting... we'll have to see how it turns out. But yes, like you said, I hope they tweak the movements a bit more to make it look more natural and flowing.
*cough* More motion capture *cough* :D

Jenni

Post by Jenni » 16 Jul 2008 22:14

QRS wrote: I always liked the Oddworld better though :D
I love Oddword! :2thumbsup: I have the first two games but then it switched to Xbox and I never bothered to buy the console (do have the first Oddword game for it though but heard that even if I bought an Xbox console now, I wouldn't be able to play it as it's not backwards-compatible) - bummer :(
Pity they didn't make all the Oddworlds on to PC format as well.