what do you think of the underworld lara?

news/discussions

Moderator: Tinka

Dave

what do you think of the underworld lara?

Post by Dave » 17 Apr 2008 07:40

i was searching the web for news about underworld, then i saw renders from the underworld lara, i think she is getting ugly and old,
i hope they don't make her that old in-game.

i was wondering what you guys think about it.

Spike
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Spike » 17 Apr 2008 09:26

It depends which renders you were looking at. I admit, some of them do make her look really old (and...manly :eek2: ) but ones such as this aren't so bad.

Apart from the (slightly) sagging boobs and skinny arms compared to the TRL pic, she doesn't look too old to me. :D Anyway, according to the bio (which has probably been messed with enough since CD took over) she should be an older woman by now anyway, it'll be Wheelchair Raider before we know it at this rate. :innocent:
Last edited by Spike on 17 Apr 2008 20:16, edited 2 times in total.

bene
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by bene » 17 Apr 2008 14:42

That link is 'FORBIDDEN'.

Lara getting old???
What!?

Spike
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Spike » 17 Apr 2008 20:29

The link should work now. :)

You can really see how much detail they put into the new Lara on that pic though, compared to the TRL version. Look, she even has a weird 3D hexagonal belly-button and everything. :eek2:

bedazzled

Post by bedazzled » 17 Apr 2008 21:37

Spike wrote:
You can really see how much detail they put into the new Lara on that pic though, compared to the TRL version. Look, she even has a weird 3D hexagonal belly-button and everything. :eek2:
I hope we don't see everything Lara has got :lol:
A well turned bottom is a beautiful thing to behold.
A well spanked bottom is a beautiful thing to be holding.

Magnus
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Magnus » 17 Apr 2008 22:02

Spike wrote:You can really see how much detail they put into the new Lara on that pic though, compared to the TRL version. Look, she even has a weird 3D hexagonal belly-button and everything. :eek2:
At least it's not an outie. Those creep me out.

Shady Croft

Post by Shady Croft » 17 Apr 2008 22:54

I like how she looks in that picture. The first pictures that were shown were quite bad. Lara did look old in them and her face was kind of bony. The only thing I'd love for them to do is make her alittle sharp in the eyes, gives her that sharp and smart look, like this one..I really like how she looks here.
Image[/img]
KameloT

Jenni

Post by Jenni » 20 Apr 2008 22:40

She is soaking wet, and yet her hair looks dry - certainly not plasted to her head and face if she really was that wet.
Her face has changed a lot - she doesn't look like the original at all.

Talking about old - I noticed that some recent games, including the B2B Peru levels had Lara with white bits of hair at the front - I found that a very odd look as it's makes her look very old, and freaky (I found it hard to get used to)

Monique

Post by Monique » 03 Jun 2008 08:26

Spike wrote:Anyway, according to the bio (which has probably been messed with enough since CD took over) she should be an older woman by now anyway, it'll be Wheelchair Raider before we know it at this rate. :innocent:
:lol: :lol:

@ Shady Croft: I totally agree with you! She looks badass in that picture.

Everyone's complaining about the new Lara's look, but I read in a review somewhere that the in-game Lara apparently looks MUCH better. She'll be able to change her facial expression according to her surroundings, for e.g. when firing a gun she'll snarl, and ofcourse don't forget that famous smirk!

I personally can't WAIT for the new TR underworld, I almost jumped out of my skin when I saw the new concept art :D

The best part of all, they're going to make it possible to free climb all over the game!! (à la Assassin's Creed) So hopefully it will add to the realism of the exploration.
Here's to hoping :2thumbsup:
Just call me butter baby, cuz I'm onna roll! :muffin:

Linden
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Linden » 08 Jun 2008 11:51

Magnus wrote:
Spike wrote:You can really see how much detail they put into the new Lara on that pic though, compared to the TRL version. Look, she even has a weird 3D hexagonal belly-button and everything. :eek2:
At least it's not an outie. Those creep me out.
Because you have one? :-P

avmaster
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Location: Gilching-Argelsried, small Villiage near Munich Germany

Post by avmaster » 10 Jun 2008 12:06

I've seen her in this thread in a diving suit. Looks not bad but the first picture with the oxygen supply in her mouth looks a bit strange. To me the oxygen supply looks strange and reminds of something someone had put in her mouth and she didn't like it. :lol:

http://www.larashome.com/forums/index.p ... opic=25848
Da Master

ImageImage
Next Octoberfest: Every year next one from 19.09.15 - 04.10.15

Stewart

Post by Stewart » 10 Jun 2008 14:49

cool! but i dont want to get my hopes up like i did for tomb raider legend and anniversary...
Theory and logic say yes, but life says no.

Will Raider

Post by Will Raider » 20 Jun 2008 07:45

dunno about this one like. I just think its gonna be as bad as the other two have been. Don't think ill ever be a fan of the new generation tomb raider.

and as for the new lara looks a bit manly to say the least. just not the same without core design.

justin

Post by justin » 20 Jun 2008 12:22

I don't know about anyone else, but I thought Legend was far better then AOD. As much as I love Core Design, I'm pleased with what Crystal Dynamics has done. I absolutely loved Anniversary, almost as much as I love TR1.

So on that note, looking forward to the next one :)
Dark Skies loom...

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 20 Jun 2008 13:06

It's a great thing that so many people here feel the way I do regarding the new Lara and what Crystal Dynamics has done to Tomb Raider. At the Eidos forums I get bashed all the time for defending the old controls and the old Lara, they seem to think that anything modern is an improvement, which is, of course, absurd - things can get better and things can get worse. But since the capitalists at Eidos are making big bucks with these sort of Tomb Raider games I totally doubt they'll ever change it back into something at least playable.
"I waved to my neighbour/My neighbour waved to me/But my neighbour/Is my enemy/I kept waving my arms/Till I could not see/Under fifteen feet of pure white snow"