Tomb Raider Underworld

news/discussions

Moderator: Tinka

Jack&
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Re: Tomb Raider Underworld

Post by Jack& » 26 Feb 2009 04:17

I dunno how about so much interest folks about a silly new generation TR game ...... wich apart form great visuals ........ suxx in every thing crapp controls at keyboard .... this coulg be understandable cos was developed mainly for X-Box and PS3 but man ...... the movement off Lara suxx as well ..... she move like a robot ........cameras suxx as well .......... grapling / wall run sheeet is good for Prince of persia but not for TR games ......... NOTHING BEAT THE OLD CORE ENGINE and the old school TR games .... hopefuly we have alot off very good custom games around builded by some very talented buildes ... :roll:
Hasta la Vista Baby ;)

justin

Post by justin » 26 Feb 2009 20:15

Looks like the expansion finally released for the 360, was supposed to be out on the 10th. I'll be downloading that tonight! :jump:

EDIT: ok so i finished Beneath the Ashes last night. Loved the level, it was very cool :)

My only complaint is the useless and contradicting Bikini outfits. I hope Eidos realizes that "female friendly" has more to do with the choice in apparel than shape of the body. My gf has no issues with the looks of Lara, we both feel that the skimpy outfits are over the top. Who in their right mind (not named Leia) would go adventuring in a gold bikini?
Dark Skies loom...

Howaito

Post by Howaito » 05 Jun 2009 18:10

I just completed Wii version, now I'm trying XBOX 360 version. The graphics on Wii don't quite match up to XBOX 360, so I can justify spending my week's wages to play Underworld as it should be. :wink:

I think.

I think the changing outfits aren't too bad; it provides variety and is pretty comical. Lara Croft in Underworld though... lacks character! She looks like a mannequin... and her eyes are very far apart. Perhaps it is Uncanny Valley..
The Cartoon World Returns March MMX

moonliteshadow

Post by moonliteshadow » 20 Jun 2009 09:16

I enjoyed the game and got it last November. Ended up having to update my graphics card which meant I had to update ....... etc. I also bought a game pad which I've never done before. In the end (after a couple of glitches were ironed out) I was able to play and it ran really well :) . Only thing is after spending money to enable me to run it on my PC they released two extra levels which could apparently only be played on xbox - I'm not happy 'bout that :annoyed: I think the money I spent upgrading everything I could have bought an xbox - but it just wouldn't be the same :roll:

TheAussieAdventurer

Post by TheAussieAdventurer » 05 Dec 2009 00:44

Thought people like might to know that Tomb Raider Underworld is currently on special for $7.49 on steam. (Weekend deal, so it's only for a short time)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/8140/
Beans are neither fruit nor musical.

RoboGundam6

Post by RoboGundam6 » 08 Dec 2009 02:21

TRU: Lara's Shadow sure sounds like Prince of Persia and Star Wars the Force Unleashed.

http://www.tombraider.com/server.php?sh ... utLang=Tr5
Image Image

Paola

Post by Paola » 21 Dec 2009 03:53

I've been a TR fan since TR3 and i love it! Lost track of it since Angel of Darkness because of my oh so old pc, so I'm missing Legend, Anniversary but not Underworld :D I started playing it yesterday on the X-Box thingie and I've been having a hard time finding 'treasures' and 'relics'... I think I'll move on as soon as I get familiar with the controls.

But as Jack& said... I do miss those old school TR games :(

RoboGundam6

Post by RoboGundam6 » 12 Jan 2010 16:21

I just bought the game yesterday. Its great and all. but um... it keeps crashing, and I have a brand new computer. i found out that was an issue and just downloaded the patch now. Its really quite horrible that every 20 minutes the game reverted back to my desktop saying that Windows couldn't fix the problem.

Other than that I really liked it, but I haven't finished it yet.

Btw this is where i got the patch:
http://games.softpedia.com/progDownload ... 30589.html
Image Image

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 13 Jan 2010 02:44

maybe u should try to download a nodvd crack and see about it helps remember to take a backup of your underworld.tr.exe or what the name is
but shyyyyy that's stuff we don't talk about in here

Anna27
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Anna27 » 24 Nov 2010 19:33

From now this is the best official Tomb Raider. The most realistic sceneries, beautiful places. I never forgot Thailand, Mexico or Hellheim. I really liked the power of Thor's Hammer. You can learn a lot about Norse mythology. Pity that interactive cutscenes were deleted. Adrenaline Dodge were missed too.