Tomb Raider Underworld

news/discussions

Moderator: Tinka

troublewolf

Post by troublewolf » 19 Dec 2008 00:05

I think it was you I got the memory chip from...set you twenty for it, I think! I live in Indiana...nashville Indiana which is food hell if your from the north and used to alot of ethic food. (Chicago was only 80 miles away when I lived north!)
Well I won't be playing TRU anythime soon. A newer computer is so far out of the question i can't see it anymore! :lol:
it sounds like a new card won't help so I'm not going to worry about it...much! At least i got a new wall paper from the game for my screen! :2thumbsup:
"ignorance can be cured but stupidity is forever"

JunoJim

Post by JunoJim » 19 Dec 2008 00:22

Since we're getting off topic, I'll PM you...

avmaster
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Location: Gilching-Argelsried, small Villiage near Munich Germany

Post by avmaster » 22 Dec 2008 06:38

I finished Croft Manor - Protected by the Dead yesterday. When I arrived at the end of the previous level I had several medipacks in the backpack. But obviously they disappeared during the level change because when I checked the backpack there were no medipacks in it. But I found some in the Manor. I did not see the cut with the doppelganger in the game(but on Youtube and Myvideo). Seems like that I accidentally cancelled it or it did only play where Zip and Winston are already outside the Manor and Lara carried the dead Alister. There was an strange text on my screen when I entered the tech room

Bad subtitle data

and nothing happend but the game did not crash or stop working. Anyway, on to Southern Mexico.
Da Master

ImageImage
Next Octoberfest: Every year next one from 19.09.15 - 04.10.15

Stewart

Post by Stewart » 22 Dec 2008 14:08

they really need to add these problems to their FAQ.
Try backing up your save games and reinstall the game to see if that error goes away.
It may be Minor but still just incase.
Theory and logic say yes, but life says no.

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 22 Dec 2008 15:03

i think as in legend and aniseveary u can only handle 3 medic at time
and thats the same in almost new games
or u bieng shoot and have to bactrack or hide to heal

avmaster
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by avmaster » 22 Dec 2008 18:42

Thanks for the hints and the idea to reinstall the game. Re the medipacks:

When you can only have 3 in the backpack then the other medipacks are useless. And that`s not helpful because you must ignore those that you normally would pick up. I played Southern Mexico until the second calendar puzzle that starts the timed run. I solved it but couldn`t reach the way that opened after the cut scene. And then the game created a checkpoint during this timerun and as Lara died in the spiked pit the game reloaded the checkpoint and Lara was standing near her motorbike. Stupid idea from the designers if you ask me. :annoyed: Luckily I saved manually before I solved the puzzle and can do it again. I will do it after my Christmas holiday which starts tomorrow. Very annoying is also the climbing sequence after picking up the Stone Headdress. To leave this room is difficult and no checkpoints when you climb around high above the room and even no checkpoints after you have left the room. She died twice after she dropped down from high above and therefore I had to repeat the whole climbing sequence. :annoyed:
Da Master

ImageImage

bedazzled

Post by bedazzled » 22 Dec 2008 22:56

avmaster wrote:Thanks for the hints and the idea to reinstall the game. Re the medipacks:

When you can only have 3 in the backpack then the other medipacks are useless. And that`s not helpful because you must ignore those that you normally would pick up.
I've just finished playing TRU on the PC and there was no limit on the number of medipaks Lara could carry. But at the start of each level the inventory is reset, also Lara heals over time and if you can find the golden relic located in most levels it will heal Lara completley and raise her maximum health.

If you reinstall the game be sure to install the patch which addresses several problems, it also fixes a game killer bug which prevents you from finishing the game.

http://download.eidosweb.de/TRU/TRU_Patch_v1.1.exe
A well turned bottom is a beautiful thing to behold.
A well spanked bottom is a beautiful thing to be holding.

JunoJim

Post by JunoJim » 23 Dec 2008 00:52

Thanks for the patch !!! I'm playing on PC too, and have found the same things you have.

Should I load that gameshadow thing ??? I Just finished Mexico.

Luckily, I also had a save before the timed run in Mexico. I used the checkpoint saves to practice the run, and then loaded the save. I found that I had to run the whole course at full throttle - even figured out how to jump both pits, but I practiced a lot.

Being able to handle the bike well will pay off later too, as I've found, those skellie things are vulnerable to being run over. I actually enjoyed letting them chase me around, until I could get one (or more) in my sights, and splatter them with the bike - LOL (you loose some health doing this, but it's fun, and no ammo required...) :D

One more thing - you've gotta try the sliding stop - very cool !!! Hit reverse & turn at the same time - she slides sideways to a very quick stop !!!

bedazzled

Post by bedazzled » 23 Dec 2008 11:38

JunoJim wrote: Should I load that gameshadow thing ??? I Just finished Mexico.
No it's not worth bothering with that. :)
A well turned bottom is a beautiful thing to behold.
A well spanked bottom is a beautiful thing to be holding.

JunoJim

Post by JunoJim » 23 Dec 2008 13:03

Yea, it's probably just "benevolent" spyware...

I'm getting too much junk mail, but don't want to change my email addy.

JunoJim

No More TRU ???

Post by JunoJim » 31 Dec 2008 06:29

I can't believe everybody is finished, and there are no more comments to make.

I just voted on the Eidos forum - #1 for TRU, replacing my fav TR3.

Definately the best TR game so far. I can't say enough - I loved it !!!

Jack& - if you're still out there, I can see why you had problems. You can't play this game on a PC without a gamepad...

Otherwise, a few glitches, but a fantastic game. Now back to our custom games for another year or more... :D

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 31 Dec 2008 06:40

JunoJim sorry but what u mean
i played the game whit the keyboard and mouse

JunoJim

Post by JunoJim » 31 Dec 2008 06:44

Oh Geez !!! How could you do it - you must be good !!!

I tried it before the patch - that would help a little with the mouse...

astromike1

TRU - Wii help in Thailand Level

Post by astromike1 » 01 Jan 2009 22:55

Hello TR groupies - I have pulled the two pins and am at the lever that activates the bridge. But no matter how I move the controls up & down I can not get Lara to pull down the switch. I have had problems w/ Wii controls on activating most every switch thus far, but I can't get past this one. I have went back a save or two & played thru again to this switch without a save but that didn't didn't help.

Appreciate any info from other Wii players or sites where I can get Wii help. rgds & Happy New Year, AstroMike ( 10 year TR addict )

avmaster
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Re: Tomb Raider Underworld

Post by avmaster » 06 Jan 2009 13:55

I am done with Underworld. As usual I didn`t search for treasures and relics. I found some of them but those were in front of Lara`s nose(therefore no search just pick them up from the floor). A good game but in some areas more checkpoints would be good and this would prevent some replaying of parts which I had already done before. Underworld is more like the older games if you ask me. It has the new moves and high resolution graphics and good cut sequences but also the tombs and ancient temples and all these things and Lara can have more than enough medipacks and ammo to finish the game. My stats:

Number of relics found:

Number of treasures found:

Da Master

ImageImage