Tomb Raider Underworld

news/discussions

Moderator: Tinka

JunoJim

Post by JunoJim » 27 Nov 2008 02:08

OK vimmers !!! You are a lifesaver !!! Savegame coming... Autosave too...

I got an error - "relaying denied for <vimmers@yahoo.dk"

I think I'll try zipping the autosave... sent...

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 27 Nov 2008 02:57

did u get my autosave

JunoJim

Post by JunoJim » 27 Nov 2008 03:27

Yes - it worked !!! Thank you soooo much !!!

An excellent example of international communication... :D

I hope this is a one time problem, I was able to do the wall jump before...

If you're ever in South Florida, let me know - I owe you a steak dinner !!!

LavaBall

Post by LavaBall » 28 Nov 2008 08:21

I just got the game today, I will install it tomorrow since I will upgrade my computer tomorrow if nothing goes wrong 8) It will be the first game I will install, Crysis+warhead will be the second games to be installed :roll:

Lady Croft

Post by Lady Croft » 28 Nov 2008 09:36

avmaster wrote:After a lot of trouble with all this technical stuff like updating drivers and changing settings I managed to start the demo and also the official TR Underworld game.
:angry: That is exactly what I am going through.. I don't know how to change settings and I can't start the game. Which drivers.. What does "failed to initialize Direct3D with current settings" mean?? I tried changing settings but that message keeps coming back.

Can I attach the keyboard to PS2.. Now that may be a dumb question and a thing to do, but I can't even hold that ... PS2 control in my hands. :blush: :-P :roll:

avmaster
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Location: Gilching-Argelsried, small Villiage near Munich Germany

Post by avmaster » 28 Nov 2008 10:28

Lady Croft wrote:
avmaster wrote:After a lot of trouble with all this technical stuff like updating drivers and changing settings I managed to start the demo and also the official TR Underworld game.
:angry: That is exactly what I am going through.. I don't know how to change settings and I can't start the game. Which drivers.. What does "failed to initialize Direct3D with current settings" mean?? I tried changing settings but that message keeps coming back.

Can I attach the keyboard to PS2.. Now that may be a dumb question and a thing to do, but I can't even hold that ... PS2 control in my hands. :blush: :-P :roll:
"failed to initialize Direct3D with current settings" means that your graphics card is eventually too old or needs a new driver. But such questions are difficult to answer for someone like me because I am not an expert for graphic cards. Maybe you should ask in a PC store near you or check it on the homepage of the manufactorer if your graphic card has Shader 3. The game does not run if your graphic card does not have Shader 3(illyaine said this to me in German at LarasLevelbase). I don`t know anything about PS2, so can`t suggest a helpful hint.
Da Master

ImageImage
Next Octoberfest: Every year next one from 19.09.15 - 04.10.15

Lady Croft

Post by Lady Croft » 28 Nov 2008 16:52

avmaster wrote:
"failed to initialize Direct3D with current settings" means that your graphics card is eventually too old or needs a new driver.
I asked all around and you were the only one giving the right diagnosis, so to say. It is a start, so thanks very much.
I guess that Shader 3 is a driver and I can find it on the net. :-P
I bought the current graphics card (an integrated one..) recently to be able to play Legend. Is it possible that I need a new one?? :-o
avmaster wrote:I don`t know anything about PS2, so can`t suggest a helpful hint.
It is all right.. I hope to be able to play it on PC, PS2 would be a desperate and ultimate solution... :| (including the keyboard idea..hehe)

Moonpooka
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Moonpooka » 28 Nov 2008 17:33

Lady Croft wrote: I guess that Shader 3 is a driver and I can find it on the net. :-P
No, Shader adds 3D lighting etc to pixels, and it's part of a graphics card. If ur card doesn't have shader 3 then u will not be able to run TRU as it's required for that game. As TRL had a choice of next gen or not, some older cards with shader 2 were ok. My card does have pixshader3, but it doesn't have the speed to run TRU.. and if i ran TRL with next gen it still wasn't fast enough.. so i had to turn next gen off, then it ran fine :?
I bought the current graphics card (an integrated one..) recently to be able to play Legend. Is it possible that I need a new one?? :-o
Me too, and i wasn't going to buy another new card for this game. To add to that, it isn't that simple either. Most, or all of the newer and better GC's are PCIe.. which means u also have to have a motherboard that can support it. I went and bought an XBox.. at least i can rest easy for a while in the knowledge i can run newer games without having to upgrade my PC every year :)
We want the finest wines available to humanity, we want them here and we want them now!

Linden
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Linden » 28 Nov 2008 20:06

JunoJim wrote:
Linden wrote:
Magnus wrote:God, you sound just like Jari.
You shall not make wrongful use of the name of the Jari your God, for the Lord will not acquit anyone who misuses his name.
Read the last few paragraphs in the Bible (the ultimate copywrite) - anyone who misinterprets the Word is in big trouble...

"Thow shalt not kill" - so no more TR for you...

I believe in a forgiving God. Take it easy... :D
Erm ... ok. You mean the way Iron Maiden did back in the 1980's on their ambum covers, and in "The Number of the Beast" -song ?

Sorry, I dont read bible, but i have read many Tarzan books, does that count. :) :-P

Lady Croft

Post by Lady Croft » 28 Nov 2008 22:24

Thanks Moonpooka.. I was afraid of it - the motherboard. I have changed just about everything inside my pc except for the motherboard.
It is probably the best thing to get a new pc.. omg.

How about a laptop? I know I can't upgrade a laptop but I would want it only for this one game and the net basically.

JunoJim

Post by JunoJim » 29 Nov 2008 00:11

Yes, Tarzan counts !!!

Lady Croft - wait - First - try turning off some options, like the shading, etc. if you can get to the control settings. If that doesn't work, if I'm reading you right, all you need is a new graphics card - here's a list from the TRU "readme" file... check eBay...

ATI – Radeon X1800, Radeon X1900, Radeon X1950, Radeon HD2600/2900 series, Radeon HD3650/3850 Series, Radeon HD 4670/4850 series
nVidia – GeForce 6800 Ultra, GeForce 7600 GT, GeForce 7900 GTX, GeForce 7950, GeForce 8600 GTS, GeForce 8800, GeForce 9600 GT, GeForce 9800 GTX, GeForce GTX 2xx

I'm running an ATI Radeon X1600, and it works fine.

A laptop is not a good idea for games. They are not upgradable, the keyboard is difficult for TR4 custom games, and one that would play today's games would cost a fortune...
Last edited by JunoJim on 29 Nov 2008 00:16, edited 1 time in total.

Linden
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Linden » 29 Nov 2008 00:15

JunoJim wrote:Yes, Tarzan counts !!!
:)

JunoJim

Post by JunoJim » 29 Nov 2008 00:17

:2thumbsup:

Lady Croft

Post by Lady Croft » 29 Nov 2008 00:34

Thanks Jim, but it is not that simple.. Mine is ATI Radeon xpress200 and is integrated with the processor. Besides, the motherboard is from 2001 and I also need some GB memory as I have only 512. So a new pc would be the only solution.. :roll:

JunoJim

Post by JunoJim » 29 Nov 2008 02:34

Geez - too bad. Dell has some good deals now...

Their site lets you customize your computer. Stick with XP if you can...