Tomb Raider Underworld

news/discussions

Moderator: Tinka

Samu

Tomb Raider Underworld

Post by Samu » 17 Dec 2007 13:41

Hello :)

I saw today some screenshots from a new Tomb Raider game which Crystal Dynamics is currently developing. It's called Tomb Raider Underworld. Click the link to see the pictures.

http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/und ... ts_01.html

guss18

Post by guss18 » 17 Dec 2007 14:15

:lol: Some of the screen shots look very familiar, maybe Anniversary. Can't remember, since didn't make much of an impression. Hopefully this isn't another ploy of C.D. and Eidos to try to get more $$$$ by announcing a new engine for the next-gen consoles and delivering a poorly designed game.

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 17 Dec 2007 14:36

why else realese games if there are no money in them

guss18

Post by guss18 » 17 Dec 2007 15:09

vimmers wrote:why else realese games if there are no money in them
:lol: You are so right. Bad choice of words on my part. I don't mind spending the money if the claims made is what is delivered. I hope C.D. and Eidos are really thinking this one through. Some of the screen shots do look interesting, only time will tell.

quarrystile
Location: My own little world, Lara, me and a couple of baddies UK

Post by quarrystile » 26 Dec 2007 21:07

Well.....

I purchased Legend last year (2006) I played it once. ( coincidently, I posted about Legend HERE today )

I was NOT impressed ( graphics yes, gameplay no )
I thought "never again"

Then I got Anniversary for this Christmas this year.... Once again, graphics are superb, but I dislike the game engine ( I prefer the old TR as per custom levels :2thumbsup: )

As Guss18 said " I hope C.D. and Eidos are really thinking this one through" .....

Back to Basics !! we do it every year, can't they do it just once ?

Ruediger
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Ruediger » 05 Jan 2008 19:23

I didn't buy any official game (and won't) after the disaster with AoD. No matter what the screenshots/graphics look like - if I can't control Lara properly so she falls over her feet or grabs empty space half of the time, it simply is no fun playing. :angry:

Fortunately I still have not yet played 100s of custom levels and won't run out of them til 2050 :wink: since I play not as often as I used to.

Manymee

Post by Manymee » 16 Jan 2008 12:23

thank GOD for custom levels. or thank everyone who makes them and Core who provided the engine. I can sit back and watch the official TR hype and just think, "whatever, I'm not fussed if it's good or not" :)

have to say the screenshots look great but being oldschool TR player I so dislike the grapple, wallrun, ledges, Zip/Alister ectppppppp that I'm a *bit* distanced. Let alone the crybaby attitude she has acquired since leaving Core's hands. ( Although allegedly this new Lara is a return to form). So, again, wait and see, who knows maybe it's a kick-a§§ game :)

Jenni

Post by Jenni » 24 Feb 2008 23:34

Agree, I haven't even played AOD or anything past that.

Can someone please remind me how to block signatures, I can't find the control in my profile.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 25 Feb 2008 02:39

I haven't played Legend except for the demo and I haven't played Anniversary either. Of course, I don't mean to play Underworld either, I don't even like the idea of an "underworld". They take too much space in the HD and the results (from what I've seen in Legend's demo) don't please me. The commands are a disgrace (so were AoD's but at least it had a fine storyline) and I'm not thrilled by all that jungle-tombs environments. When I played Legend's demo I thought "this is for kids and their consoles!" Plus, if I want a bit more awkward commands, I have other games to choose from that I think are better, namely Max Payne, Mafia (btw, they're making a Mafia 2), Alice, Broken Sword, you name them. I say thank God for all the great customs!

Linden
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by Linden » 12 Mar 2008 18:05

Jenni wrote: Can someone please remind me how to block signatures, I can't find the control in my profile.
I like off topics so im gonna ask: what do you mean "block signatures"?

What comes to the new TR games ... i played them and you all know my opinion. :lol:
Oh and i WILL play the next one too, cause im good with bad reviews. :D

shandroid

Post by shandroid » 13 Apr 2008 18:41

I believe she wants to not see people's signatures so each page she loads doesn't take an eon or so (slow internet connections make this a pain)

snork
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Post by snork » 13 Apr 2008 19:25

use advertisement block software:

Opera -
built in , a right click on an empty part of the page offers "block content" and then it is a left click on the picture you no more want to see, click "done" - that's it.
Firefox - ABP = AdBlockPlus , a Firefox extension you need to install into Firefox (very easy). Once that is installed (may require restart of Firefox) a right click on a picture will offer the option "AdBlock plus : block image." at the very bottom of the menu.

For Firefox I once asked about it at their forums and it is so, that these pictures do not get loaded at all, on future (re)visits of pages they get blocked before transferred to your Firefox, so it really spares transferred bytes / time.
I assume the Opera blocker works similar, but no guarantee from me.

I use that to block blinking avatars and such, e.g. the centaur over at TRF had a big spider avatar, and as if that was not enough it was blinking.

Also I no longer see the blinking easter bunny smiley that this forum offers (offered).
NO MORE BLINKING NOWHERE! :D
Thou shall not mess with Lara's resting animation. NEVER. EVER!

Dave

Post by Dave » 17 Apr 2008 07:45

i was on a dutch, gaming website, and i've read there in which locations lara will be in underworld:

1. Mexico (my favorite country)
2. easter island
3. vatican city.

and i read a monthly dutch gaming magazine, 3 months ago was the tomb raider underworld special, they had an interview with crystal dynamics, and they told that lara will go to places were no human has ever been.
like the mexican underworld XIBALBA.

bene
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by bene » 17 Apr 2008 14:37

Now that sounds interesting.

I haven't bought the official games in quite a while but the locations might, just might get me to try Underworld.....or better yet, hopefully, there will be a demo.
I didn't get very far in the last one.
:)

Jenni

Post by Jenni » 20 Apr 2008 22:43

Linden wrote:
Jenni wrote: Can someone please remind me how to block signatures, I can't find the control in my profile.
I thought this site could block them, I thought I had a setting to block them out, but it seems I don't - means I'm stuck looking at big-a##ed pics like yours :-P