Natah

Re: Seach in the lost temple-demo

Post by Natah » 08 May 2018 17:21

vimmers wrote:
08 May 2018 16:23
you mean a custom level
an original are made by core design or eidos or crystal dynamics
No,Just TRLE Games.
Pedro,I realized that you did not get to make a copy this time, did it really change? I need more proof of this, we'll see in the final version.
Just a builder sailing around here, soon I'll be out of here building something :2thumbsup:

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 08 May 2018 18:13

Yes, I do see what you mean. Somebody invented the guitar. If only that person were an "original" every other guitar player/composer would be custom-playing/composing. The same for everything else as well. Adam and Eve were originals (kind of, since God would have been the original) and Caim, Abel and everybody else that followed were all customs.

We may, of course, call everything we get here a "custom level". It's true in a sense. On the flip side, things get so different from one builder to the next, from one level to the next one... I mean, should we call Psiko's Hypersquare, for instance, a "custom level" or a "game"? Is it original (meaning it's no copy, that's what the word original is intended to mean) or is it just using what somebody else created? Because even that isn't strictly true in any sense if we think of how the community developed the basic tools Core provided back in the day.
"I waved to my neighbour/My neighbour waved to me/But my neighbour/Is my enemy/I kept waving my arms/Till I could not see/Under fifteen feet of pure white snow"

Natah

Post by Natah » 08 May 2018 19:36

Jorge22 wrote:
08 May 2018 18:13
Yes, I do see what you mean. Somebody invented the guitar. If only that person were an "original" every other guitar player/composer would be custom-playing/composing. The same for everything else as well. Adam and Eve were originals (kind of, since God would have been the original) and Caim, Abel and everybody else that followed were all customs.

We may, of course, call everything we get here a "custom level". It's true in a sense. On the flip side, things get so different from one builder to the next, from one level to the next one... I mean, should we call Psiko's Hypersquare, for instance, a "custom level" or a "game"? Is it original (meaning it's no copy, that's what the word original is intended to mean) or is it just using what somebody else created? Because even that isn't strictly true in any sense if we think of how the community developed the basic tools Core provided back in the day.
Yeah,yeah, this is true, because Pedro is still young and immature, soon he will understand things well, well we all messed up, but Pedro's not :beadyeyes: . But the demo of his game is not bad. :lol:
Just a builder sailing around here, soon I'll be out of here building something :2thumbsup:

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 08 May 2018 23:32

Pedro is doing exactly what Core Design/Eidos had in mind when they released the game engine in 2000. It was never intended to make proprietary games. Go back and read the original memos etc. from 2000 if you can find them, but then most of you were never on tombraiders.com or the original eidos forums which had the details.

Natah

Post by Natah » 08 May 2018 23:43

TombTitan wrote:
08 May 2018 23:32
Pedro is doing exactly what Core Design/Eidos had in mind when they released the game engine in 2000. It was never intended to make proprietary games. Go back and read the original memos etc. from 2000 if you can find them, but then most of you were never on tombraiders.com or the original eidos forums which had the details.
What do you mean? :|

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 09 May 2018 08:26

Yeah and I mentioned that too. So, what's it: a plus? A minus? 18 years is a rather long time.

Fact is, I believe, the level editor wouldn't stand much of a chance if "customs" hadn't evolved.
"I waved to my neighbour/My neighbour waved to me/But my neighbour/Is my enemy/I kept waving my arms/Till I could not see/Under fifteen feet of pure white snow"

Natah

Post by Natah » 09 May 2018 10:34

Jorge22 wrote:
09 May 2018 08:26
Yeah and I mentioned that too. So, what's it: a plus? A minus? 18 years is a rather long time.

Fact is, I believe, the level editor wouldn't stand much of a chance if "customs" hadn't evolved.
I dont know. :?

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 09 May 2018 12:03

Trust me on this. After all these years and no changes made, just the same ol'-same ol' Egypt and little more, no bright ideas by anyone, no real effort put into creating new functionalities, all the limitations that came with the - then much welcomed - editor, Tomb Raider Classic would be a memory. I mean, I don't know either but it seems pretty obvious to me.

Doesn't everybody love being pleasantly surprised? If all had stood still, I really don't see how anybody would have been surprised at all.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 09 May 2018 12:27

Looking at your signature... you don't happen to be Pedro, right? :hmm:

Natah

Post by Natah » 09 May 2018 16:06

Jorge22 wrote:
09 May 2018 12:27
Looking at your signature... you don't happen to be Pedro, right? :Hmm:
Nolpe, it's just a small thing :lol: , I change to avoid this kind of thing. :roll:

DJ Full
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by DJ Full » 16 May 2018 14:51

Jorge22 wrote:
08 May 2018 10:00
DJ Full wrote:
07 May 2018 19:06
Jorge, he means this time he made it himself.
Maybe he has. Hopefully. ;)
If I said so, it means I played and I know...
MAKE WIDESHOT GREAT AGAIN

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 16 May 2018 15:28

Ok, I'm not doubting, you just didn't make it crystal clear. It's fine.

Natah

Post by Natah » 25 May 2018 13:36

Jorge22 wrote:
16 May 2018 15:28
Ok, I'm not doubting, you just didn't make it crystal clear. It's fine.
I think that so much shit he did, that they are distrusting even the dj_full be the frog fake accont :lol:

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 25 May 2018 16:10

Nope. I played it and I knew it was an original (or call it a custom if you prefer). As for the fake/multiple accounts, well, it's not my site and I have other business to take care of. Everybody knows what I think.