My Tomb Raider III Fan Trailer (Gameplay Montage)

news/discussions

Moderator: Tinka

KingOfTheValleys

My Tomb Raider III Fan Trailer (Gameplay Montage)

Post by KingOfTheValleys » 14 Sep 2017 09:20

Hi everyone!

I've just uploaded a gameplay montage for my absolute favorite game of all time: Tomb Raider III

https://youtu.be/mE-ibXvzfvo

All used footage provided by Tombrunnerh9: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx-bTv ... yl6Y1KcBiA

Reasons why I'm in love with this game:

No other game has ever had the same sense of adventure as this game! Wide variety of locations. Almost every level has a different feel to it. Level design is complex, with huge levels, tasks that can be accomplished in any order, alternative routs through the level, backtracking and good use of 3D space, which is to say, levels are not only spread in a planar way, but also vertically. Many sections of the game are highly imaginative. Several different vehicles throughout the game, which are not just for fast-travel, but are integral to the gameplay. Focus of the game is heavily on puzzle-solving, platforming and exploration, and much less on combat. Several of the most amazing moments are accompanied by mesmerizing music.

sonnyd83

Re: My Tomb Raider III Fan Trailer (Gameplay Montage)

Post by sonnyd83 » 13 Oct 2017 12:34

This is my favourite game of all time too! I like the relaxing music throughout the game. I remember always wondering how the rooms were designed, how it was built etc when it came out, and wanted to create my own games just like it

Tolle87

Post by Tolle87 » 14 Oct 2017 18:54

If I'm not mistaken, many of those parts are from TR3 Gold, which was a real nice addition to TR3 :)
Hallowed Be Thy Game

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 10 Nov 2017 16:32

I fully agree. Luckily too, this was my very first TR game at a time when I didn't even know much about 3D video games for the PC. So, the experience was unforgettable, what else can I say?

And yes, a few of the scenes are from the Gold game. Which was fine too.
"I didn't care, friend. I wasn't there, friend. If it's the price of a pint that you need ask me again."