Alexander’s Tomb by Miss Kroft

questions/comments/screenshots

Moderator: Gerty

mx88

Alexander’s Tomb by Miss Kroft

Post by mx88 » 17 Mar 2020 19:22

Hey guys. I need help.
I just downloaded the game but there's no .exe file in the folder. I tried copying one from another level (in case in didn't matter and could collaborate with the rest scripts in there) but no goal.
Any ideas anyone? Thanks in advance!
Untitled.jpg

TombTitan

Re: Alexander’s Tomb by Miss Kroft

Post by TombTitan » 17 Mar 2020 20:51

This level posted at trle.net is in the original download format for the Core Design tomb raider level editor, despite the fact that the tr4 files were compiled and added in 2009 (instead of wad files). This download is missing the dlls', bmps, etc. You need to overwrite the level editor tutorial playable files with the ones in Miss Kroft's download. The game will then play without problems (at least in WIN7--I just tried it).

If you do not have the original level editor, you should be able to get it at tombraiderchronicles.

Alternatively, you might be able to overwrite the files in another game download from 2001, but I don't know which one because it has to have ALL of the appropriate level editor files (audio, data, etc.).

mx88

Post by mx88 » 17 Mar 2020 21:02

Oh I see. I'll give it a try according to your 2nd suggestion, because I don't have the Level Editor. I just finished Tarragona today (it was released just before Alexander's Tomb). Will try it on this one. Should I change the name of the downloaded folder as well or just overwrite the files in it?

mx88

Post by mx88 » 17 Mar 2020 21:21

TombTitan wrote:
17 Mar 2020 20:51
Alternatively, you might be able to overwrite the files in another game download from 2001, but I don't know which one because it has to have ALL of the appropriate level editor files (audio, data, etc.).
Yes it works!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
I used the Tarragona folder and pasted in all the files from Alexander's Tomb folder. Then deleted the rest which was not relating with the game (text files etc), and finally moved the .tr4 files in the Data folder and the .wav files in the Audio folder. I made my first save upon beggining of the game. Hope it won't crash later on.

Thank you so much! 8) :D :blush: :angel:

MichaelP
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by MichaelP » 18 Mar 2020 13:09

hmm odd - will have look later this week and fix that download