Create a Classic is BACK!
- Deadline for completion 31st October
- Create a level with at least 30 mins of gameplay
- Use original textures from Tomb Raiders 1-5.
Extra Rule clarifications
- Join at any time, as long as your entry is completed by the deadline!
- A combination of any textures from the first five TR’s is allowed – e.g. Can use a mix of both TR1 and TR3 textures in one level.
- New Transition textures may be created, as long as they are modified original game textures
- Base your level on an original WAD or combination of original WADs from TR 1 to 5; however you ARE allowed to include some custom non-original or modified original objects if they are in-keeping with the classic feel of the level. Please keep this to a maximum of around 12 new items per level to keep it feeling classic. (N.B. If you want to create a level with lots of new custom objects, then this probably isn’t the competition for you!)
- Animations from TR5 such as crawl-flip-out, swingpole and tightrope are allowed. (Builders are encouraged to make use of the faster shimmy/climb-up anims or a new standing pose anim if they wish )
- Custom scripts are allowed if the results still feel in keeping with the classic theme (Custom flares are allowed)
- Fog/Distance Fog is allowed
- Dxtre3D, TRNG, FLEP and Tomb Editor are all permitted, use whichever engine you wish, just maintain a classic feel!
- 128 bit resized versions of the original textures can be used if preferred
Any sounds are permitted (original TR and new)
Winner Prize TBC
As was the case with the last CaC competition, once the competition is complete, we will have a voting thread where people may vote for their 3 favourite levels.
To sign up, please visit: https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showth ... p?t=223038