Sabatu-Mystery of the Lost Pyramid

questions/comments/screenshots

Moderator: Gerty

McRaider

Sabatu-Mystery of the Lost Pyramid

Post by McRaider » 26 May 2019 17:56

I'm not really stuck but I've got a problem with this level. First, when I load the game I see the load bar but again sends me to load saves (and again, and again).. Second I want to delete the game to restart but it tells me that you can not make changes in the folder and it is impossible to delete it. Has anyone else had this problem?
Last edited by McRaider on 26 May 2019 19:02, edited 1 time in total.

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: Mystery of the Lost Pyramid

Post by vimmers » 26 May 2019 19:00

McRaider wrote:
26 May 2019 17:56
I'm not really stuck but I've got a problem with this level. First, when I load the game I see the load bar but again sends me to load saves (and again, and again).. Second I want to delete the game to restart but it tells me that you can not make changes in the folder and it is impossible to delete it. Has anyone else had this problem?
sounds like the game wasn't closed properly down first time you tried to play it
look in task manager and close it down there
when try to play again hit ctrl and adjust your settings
not sure what you shall adjust

remember to add Sabatu before Mystery of the Lost Pyramid

McRaider

Re: Mystery of the Lost Pyramid

Post by McRaider » 26 May 2019 19:01

Thanks vimmers!

McRaider

Re: Sabatu-Mystery of the Lost Pyramid

Post by McRaider » 26 May 2019 22:44

I checked that but no solution..I found out that the library Tomb_Nextgeration.dll is missing and the game cannot run without it.

Gerty
Mod
Mod

Post by Gerty » 26 May 2019 22:57

Got a crash and had to close the game by using task manager.
Then it wouldn't start up again.
It is also missing that dll file as well at my end
Tried to unpack again the zipped file but still no dll file. :argue:
Oops, I did it again... Image

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 26 May 2019 23:06

Your missing file is in my unzipped installation and I played the entire game to the end.

You either lost the file in the crash or your antivirus/malware program deleted it.

I think I downloaded the game from trle.net (and not obig's site). Perhaps Michael Prager posted a different zip file which is incomplete (either before or after I downloaded mine). He NEVER mentions when he posts altered zips, and he really should!

Download the game again, unzip it and save the files in another folder as backup in case your computer software is deleting the dll.

Regarding the crashes: perhaps the game doesn't play in your windows configuration. I never got a crash, nor the players on the levelbase who finished the game. This game is relatively stable and bug-free (there is no secret bug as was suspected before today).

I played it on Win7 x64 in 1920x760 (full screen mode) with motherboard ATI Radeon graphics. I did NOT run the tomb raider setup file. That often causes problems. I just use the same setup mode on EVERY customlevel and ignore changes builders mention for volumetric fx, etc. The default setup works best.