TREditor HU... how to download with exe?

questions/comments/screenshots

Moderator: Gerty

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

TREditor HU... how to download with exe?

Post by Jorge22 » 17 Apr 2019 19:07

Hi. I remember having read somewhere that there was a version that contained the exe within that site instead of having to go through all the old hassle with the editor. Is that so? I was trying to donwload Reign of Chaos but I haven't got a clue on whether it's feasible or not. If it is, please lend me a hand...

Thanks.

Ryan
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: TREdiktor HU... how to download with exe?

Post by Ryan » 17 Apr 2019 19:13

I think just downloading the game from the site should work fine (Nadine's section has been stored there ever since she released it), without the need to go through the rigmarole of using the standard Level Editor. Correct me if I'm wrong though, it's been ages since I played it.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: TREditor HU... how to download with exe?

Post by Jorge22 » 17 Apr 2019 19:27

Hmm... Yes, I recently downloaded Neon God and it worked fine even though most of the sounds were missing.

I now downloaded Reign of Chaos and it came without the exe and at least some dll or something... That's why I ask.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 17 Apr 2019 19:45

I managed. I used the exe from A Day on the Train or whatever it's called. It's just that not all exes work with Reign of Chaos. For instance, the Neon God exe does not, I really don't know why. I still think the sounds are missing though... And I get that top bar with the other game's name that's a bit annoying.

If anyone has an idea on whether I'm doing anything wrong regarding the sounds or if that's just the way it is, please let me know. Thanks.

I remember now: the sounds must be converted to mp3. Well, case solved.

vimmers
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by vimmers » 18 Apr 2019 01:40

you should ask OBig
mail add is on his site

TombTitan

Post by TombTitan » 18 Apr 2019 07:37

Reign of Chaos is from 2005 when everyone had to compile the levels with the original TRLE. Obig is not going to waste his time creating an exe for any level if it wasn't there in the first place.

Since Nadine pulled her levels from ROC on trle.net, the precompiled exe version on trle.net will not run the complete ROC, nor does it play the edited trle.net game version properly anyway as originally created. To play the complete version of ROC with the Cordoba, etc. levels, you MUST use the original level editor to compile the exe and include the dll files, etc. Sorry, but that is the way it is!!! However, it will be worth it because the original version is outstanding. Only the original version is worthy of Hall of Fame status.

This is why the original custom level editor is NOT irrelevant. even though some people think you don't need to install it anymore.

If you don't have the original level editor you can get it from tombraiderchronicles. Install it with administrator privileges and use XP settings even if you have WIN7 or higher. Ignore the warning messages. There are existing forum threads about this on trle.net and tombraiderforums.net.

Teone

Post by Teone » 18 Apr 2019 10:38

Jorge, I told you in another topic that you have to go to the walkthrough page of ROC on treditor.hu
From there you can choose to download the full version with the exe

About Neon God sounds... did you convert mp3 to wav using start_me.exe in the audio folder? :)

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 18 Apr 2019 10:40

I don't know... I'm playing it and all I had to do was find a suitable exe and then convert the sound files using the madwhatever as we once used to...

Teone

Post by Teone » 18 Apr 2019 11:24

One more thing... Neon God zip package comes with its exe and you should NOT use a different one because it's patched by Tomo for some effects (rain, snow...). If you use a different exe the game could crash in some areas.

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Post by Jorge22 » 18 Apr 2019 12:44

Yes, I remember Neon God came with an exe. I was stupid/forgetful not to remember there was a time when sound files had to be converted to mp3 and that's why most sounds were missing in that game for me.