Tomb Raider Chronicles Remake ???

questions/comments/screenshots

Moderator: Gerty

Luisa

Tomb Raider Chronicles Remake ???

Post by Luisa » 05 Feb 2019 22:36

Something I have noticed on this trend of creating HQ(-ish) remakes of Core titles is that the fifth installment of the series gets pretty much forgotten. There's a decent number of TR1 remakes, an infinity of TR2, at least one ongoing TR3 project, and one or another TR4 that may or may not come to fruition but nothing about TR5. Why does everyone forget Chronicles? I get that this is the least favorite of many people because the development was rushed and it shows, but isn't it a stronger point on why this game should be remade to be enhanced and experienced as it should have been?

(On a somewhat unrelated note I would love if someone would remake the entirety of AOD in the traditional Core format with NGLE. I love this game's atmosphere and aesthetics but I could never get past the controls. Sure, the RPG aspects could not be incorporated but they never really worked anyway, all they'd have to do is play out the interactive dialogue bits as traditional cutscenes and pretty much nothing would change.)
⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁NOW OPEN⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁

Jorge22
Master Chatter
Master Chatter

Re: Tomb Raider Chronicles Remake ???

Post by Jorge22 » 06 Feb 2019 00:32

You know, I quite enjoyed Chronicles myself. I guess people just wanted something completely new. The result was there for all to see...

As Dean (from Supernatural) might say: 'The public is a ****!'

Reaaally? Ok then: b*tch

OverRaider

Post by OverRaider » 06 Feb 2019 11:44

I love Chronicles, it's my second favourite from the classics
Where is no challenge there is a boredom

Luisa

Post by Luisa » 06 Feb 2019 17:58

I like Chronicles because it's an easy strolling game that allows me to share my focus between playing it and doing something else (I often play while listening to audio classes) and because it's our only glimpse into Lara's average tomb raiding lifestyle: every other classic game deals with Lara needing to stop a world-ending threat but here she's just doing her everyday thing, collecting trinkets for fun, getting into adventures, stuff like that.
⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁NOW OPEN⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁⦁

Perceiver

Post by Perceiver » 06 Feb 2019 20:41

I would love that too, I'm a huge fan of Chronicles and AoD. Not sure about tr5, but there was a project of doing an AoD remake using Unreal Engine, TR2 remake style; but I think the author dropped it, which is sad...
Next arrives Savathûn, flanked by her chorus and her celebrants.
They trick their way onto Ana-Harmony in disguises,
so that they might vivisect these dragons.
The Worm, our God laughs and laughs.

Mytly
Keen Eye of the Week
Keen Eye of the Week

Post by Mytly » 09 Feb 2019 20:50

No one has made a full remake of TR5, that's true, but Tomo's Last Saga series is a fairly large-scale re-imagining of several of the levels/areas of TR5: Part 1 is pretty much a 1:1 remake of the first level of TR5; Part 2 is somewhat inspired by The Colosseum; and Part 4 is an excellent variation of the VCI and submarine levels.

Nearly all of the individual levels/areas have all been remade or re-imagined to some extent or the other. The Rome levels are the most popular, I think - look under the 'Rome' class (or of course, the 'Remake' class), and you'll find tons of levels that are reworkings of the TR5 Rome levels. Off the top of my head, I can think of Evening in Rome by Nick and Create a Classic: 20 years of TR - Rome (Beta Demo) by DCW123 which are based on the first two Roman levels, and The Mystery of Eden 1 by Sweet, which is based on all three. You can find several versions of the Ireland levels in the 'Young Lara' class - for example, Chronicles Memories - The Cursed Templar by LOTRKingluis or Create a Classic: 20 years of TR - The Hike by Mordyga. The Submarine levels are less popular, but there are some levels floating around that are of a similar type (they tend to be shorter levels within long levelsets, rather than standalone levels). And you can find tons of levels that are more or less similar to the VCI levels in the 'Base/Lab' class - though Tomo's Last Saga 4 is probably the best example of these.